Honeymoon Cruises Re: Name Change?

mgagnon

This may sound REALLY silly but we just got our docs for our September 11 Honeymoon cruise on the Navigator. Everything is in my maiden name because we are leaving right after the wedding and won't have time to get new ID, passports etc. in my new, married name. That's fine, but I was hoping to be called Mrs.... on my honeymoon - does that make sense?

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can be registered on the ship as Mrs. when all my tickets and documents are in my maiden name?

Thanks from a first-timer (obviously!)

I totally understand what you are saying. And you brought a little smile to my face.

But it will be sooooooo much easier for you to keep things as they are. All your docs and ID must match. You won't have your certified m/l yet so you can't bring that, etc....

Happy marriage.

Congratulations! In the dining room, etc. the waiter usually asks for an introduction so s/he will know your names for the future. If you introduce yourselves as Mr. and Mrs. Smith, that is what you will be called. The staff doesn't usually look at what is written on the documents.

When you do get your name changed, I found it worked out better to have my new name registered as first name, maiden name, and last name instead of first name, middle name, last name on DL, passport, etc.

exactly the same thing happened to us on our honeymoon in 97 my wife had to keep her maiden name for admin and security reasons they would,nt change it.In our case her passport was also in her maiden name.We took a copy of our wedding certificate,but to no avail.Still got some free bubbly and we had a great cruise,congrats to you both.:D

I know what you mean... we got married back in April this year but because of school we had to postpone the honeymoon until last week. When I called the TA they said there would be a fee to change the name on the cruise which I paid for last December. So I just changed everything by my passport, brought the marriage certificate just to be on the safe side, and didn't have any problem being called "Mrs." on board. We were even lucky enough to have a honeymoon get together with the other 12 couples on the ship, compliments of RCI! The only unfortunate aspect of not using my married name was my Seapass had my maiden name which I don't particularly like. Ah well. :)

Make sure all documents are in the name that matches your identification, things will go a lot easier that way. If the name on the reservation does not match the name on the ID, you may have trouble getting onto the ship at checkin, as well as with customs and immigration at debarkation. (And, odds are you won't have a certified copy of your marriage certificate until a few weeks after the wedding.)

Have your TA note that you're on your honeymoon, and you'll get invites to all the appropriate events.

My DD is on her Honeymoon in Fiji right now, and was booked under her maiden name, because that's what her Passport states. However, I had e-mailed the resort ahead of time to please have them called Mr. and Mrs. X. The maiden name was for flight and Immigration purposes. I work as a part-time TA, and ALWAYS book newlyweds under the bride's maiden name if they are leaving the country.

Archived