Journey/Quest - cabin noise & ice cream bar (!) ??

Pollypammy

Really love the Celebrity line and have already booked the Quest for later this year. Although I've seen a few mixed reviews I think the Azamara boats sounds q.good (if you like decent food & varied itinery and not that fussed about lots of entertainment (which I'm not) so seems like a good fit).

On the verge of booking the Journey too and two questions:

For a balcony room is there any difference between decks 6, 7 & 8 with regard to noise levels ? and we love the 'free' ice cream on Celebrity - is this also available on Azamara ?

Thanks if you can help & greetings from England

I have been on these ships when they were renaissance and on the Tahitian Princess/ Generally 6 & 7 will be quieter if they are above a stateroom and below a stateroom. You take your chances on noise above or below a public room. We have reserved 7080 on the Journey Decemb 11 for just those reasons. Have fun on your trip

We just returned from the 6/16 cruise and stayed in 7104.....there was no problem with noise. My friends stayed on the 6th floor and didn't experience any as well.

As far as ice cream......there was ice cream in the buffet line at lunch everyday at Windows Cafe. However, I was disappointed to see that there was no soft serve machines around........it was good though!

Thanks for all the info, I have also been reading about the noise on deck 8 coming from deck 9 on other postings.

I just asked our agent to move us to deck 7 and he was able to get us even closer to the centre of the ship. This is great for my in-laws who really prefer to be centre ship.

So glad we switched, now my in-laws are happy and you know that's going to make for a much more pleasant cruise!!!

Sailing November 29th, can't wait!!

Canadian Cruisers

Hi guys --We're in the same cabin, but not until Dec. 11 in S.America. Glad to hear it was quiet. Anything we should know about this cabin?

PS - Lovelylady is on this ship also

Thanks, Sue Ann

I have been on these ships when they were renaissance and on the Tahitian Princess/ Generally 6 & 7 will be quieter if they are above a stateroom and below a stateroom. You take your chances on noise above or below a public room. We have reserved 7080 on the Journey Decemb 11 for just those reasons. Have fun on your trip

returned last saturday and was in room 7080. I can tell you it was very quiet. No noise at all.

Just back! There is ice cream in the buffet at lunch. The flavors change each day, but the standard vanilla and chocolate are always there. There are sprinkles and other toppings as well as a variety of sauces too.

Ice cream was also on the menu every night in the dining room.

We were told that the ice cream and the breads are made on the ship.

Archived