Help needed with address to write on luggage labels

Silverwing

We fly on Sunday to Vancouver and are sailing on the Ryndam from there on 8th July. It will be our first cruise. Last night I was doing labels for our suitcases and thought I would fill in the HAL ones at the same time. This is probably a silly question, but what address do I put on the labels? Is it our home address in England (hardly practical if they go astray, but hopefully nothing will happen to them between the Fairmont Waterfront and the ship!) or do I put the address of our accommodation in Seward following the cruise?

Many thanks.

If you're putting your tags on prior to the cruise, I'd put your hotel address in Vancouver. That's where you'd want them delivered if they were delayed in getting to you because the airline put them on the wrong plane along the way.

You should remove the HAL luggage tag once you're aboard ship. None of that info is pertinent to your journey from that point forward.

Good luck.

Good suggestion.

It's also a good idea to always use your office address or a friend's address rather than your own when identifying your luggage in any manner. Bad guys use addresses on luggage tags to identify homes that are likely to be vacant.

Good suggestion.

It's also a good idea to always use your office address or a friend's address rather than your own when identifying your luggage in any manner. Bad guys use addresses on luggage tags to identify homes that are likely to be vacant.

Way to go Host Walt!!!!

Let them go to your friend's house and steal from them rather than steal from your house.:D

Now that is really a true friend.:D

Let them go to your friend's house and steal from them rather than steal from your house.
If you're still working, use your work address. If you're not, then put your church address. If you don't go to church ... well ... you know what I'd say here. ;)

Thank you for your replies. We won't be using HAL tags on our flights and won't be putting them on until we are at the Fairmont Waterfront. We are staying there the night before we cruise courtesy of HAL because we booked a suite! All being well we will arrive in Vancouver this Sunday, which is a week before the cruise, so that we can stay with friends in Vancouver and on Vancouver Island. I think the answer is to leave the address part blank - although we do put information inside our cases, we never put our home address on the outside of our cases. With the HAL labels the cases only need to get from our hotel room to the suite on the ship, so I reckon just our name and suite number will be adequate.

Hello Silverwing. See ya on the Ryndam next week. I wish we were coming out early also. I would like to spend sometime in Vancouver. This Saturday is the local Scottish Highland games for Vancouver, seems like I always miss the games by a week everywhere I go.

I don't put any address on the outside, but have two sets of complete itineraries with either hotel or cruiseline contact information locked inside. The outside tag says this. I could put our address outside--its a rural box not a street address, but if the bag is lost I want it to try and catch up to me-not go home.

Silverwing:

The address of the friends you will be staying with is the way to go - should your luggage arrive late that's where it will be delivered. Make sure friends know you other address on the Island. When you leave there, it's the address of the hotel where you will be the evening before the cruise.

A full itinerary, with all contact points and dates should be in each suitcase.

Most people have a business address - use that on your way home. Failing that, as suggested above, your church, neighbors, friends - never use your actual residence!

Archived