? about upper promenade deck-Noordam

Tangodont1

Does the verandah look out over the ship or out to a walk around?

I had an aft verandah on that deck and it looked out over the ship. I would think it is the same for the port/starboard verandahs, but not entirely sure.

I had an aft verandah on that deck and it looked out over the ship. I would think it is the same for the port/starboard verandahs, but not entirely sure.

If you don't mind my asking... we booked an aft cabin on this deck...#4179... is there an overhang on this balcony so that one can get some shade? Any other info about this location you would have? Any noise from below?

I am excited to be coming back to HAL and have only had aft balconies on Princess before this so I'm wondering how it'll compare.

Many thanks!

From what I've been reading, deck 4 and 5 on the Noordam have partial shade and parital sun on the aft verandas. I have one booked but haven't been on it yet. Someone wrote extensively about their aft veranda cabin on deck 4 so maybe they will see this and post here.

I was in aft 4176. The balcony was quite large (about 10-11 feet deep)! The half closest to the room was in the shade from the overhang above and the half closest to the water is exposed. The balcony came with two wicker chairs, an ottoman, and a small table. When we ate on our balcony we carried the larger table from inside the cabin out onto the balcony. There is room for a reclining chair or two on the balcony, so if you'd enjoy that, you should ask your room steward (they may be able to arrange this depending on availability). There was a little vibration, but not so much as to be annoying (i.e. if you had silverware on a plate, it might rattle a bit). I loved the sound of the wake and the sound of the wake drowned out any engine noise that may have been present.

Overall it was a great cabin and I definitely would choose it again.

Thanks! It sounds wonderful and just what we were hoping for!! We will probably ask for lounges then... our aft balcony on Princess always had two lounges along with the two chairs and a table to eat at. It sounds like this balcony will certainly have enough room to add at least one lounge and then we could just use the chair/ottoman with it if necessary. We LOVE lying out there reading and listening to the sound of the wake... watching it can be mesmerizing too! We've never been bothered by vibrations so I imagine that will be okay too.

Archived