Booking "part" of a cruise?

Blondie007

Our experience last year:

We were booked Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale on the Millenium. Airfares at the time were better going into Rome or Paris. We thought we could do a week in Italy or France and then join the ship in Rome as it was finishing the last few days of its Venice to Barcelona run immediatley prior to our transatlantic. Celebrity said no.

Wouldn't hurt to ask them...maybe it has changed.

Good luck and regards

You would have to pay for the entire cruise and not just the short portion. But, if this is a cruise itinerary that starts and ends in a US port, the answer will probably be a big NO because you would probably be in violation of the Passenger Services Act. I'm not aware of any cruise line, other than The World, that allows you to book short portions of any cruise itinerary.

Thanks, we are already booked, might be pretty cheap to add her on staying in our suite then and just disembark her at the port and tell them she not coming back on...always a possibility I guess:) Would like to get her her own cabin but if all else fails maybe this is a way around it. She lives on the port island and has US visa so no problem getting her in or out of the ports..just the ship...mmmm....will need to study it.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Blondie007,

Has anyone ever booked part of a cruise? We are taking a cruise where our daughter who works elsewhere in the world could join us for three days, do you think they would let us book er on for 3 days?

Anyone??

I believe that most of the major cruise lines do accept passengers for transport if the passengers' itineraries are legal. Nonetheless, they may charge higher fares than the normal cruise rates because the cabin usually remains unoccupied for the balance of the cruise.

That said, your travel agent would have to arrange this through the cruise line -- and it may take several calls to find somebody who knows how to set it up.

Norm.

I'm so lost on the current passport situation I can't give specific advice but be aware that visa requirements vary in some countries depending on how the traveler is getting there -- in many cases those visiting by cruise ship don't need a visa and/or passport but someone getting off the boat there and planning on flying home just might. Without knowing your itinerary I can't say if this would apply to your daughter but be sure to check before you set this up.

On our 14 day Constellation cruise in 2003 (London-Barcelon), my brother was unable to get the first week off from work, so he joined the cruise in Cadiz, Spain for the 2nd week. We paid the full 3rd person rate, but it was definitely worth it. You need to have something in writing so that the pursor will let them on board without a Sail and Sign card.

Archived