Balcony and bugee cord?

sabalpalms

I am going to have a balcony room on the Miracle next month. This will be the first time we are sailing on Carnival with a balcony. I have read some posts that suggest you bring a bungee cord. Can you please tell me why it is necessary and where would I buy one. As always, thanks for your help

I am going to have a balcony room on the Miracle next month. This will be the first time we are sailing on Carnival with a balcony. I have read some posts that suggest you bring a bungee cord. Can you please tell me why it is necessary and where would I buy one. As always, thanks for your help

I was also on th Pride and the doors close automatically (I had a single door) so you need a bungee cord to hold them open as they're very heavy. You can buy one at any walmart or auto supply store. Hope this helps.

Dawn

I had an aft balcony on the Victory, and sometimes the door would stay open on its own, other times it wouldn't.

Dollar Tree has them, 3 different sizes to a pack.

Just be careful if your balcony door is open when you open your cabin door... can you say wind tunnel ;)

I bought a 24" bungee cord at Target or Walmart for a few dollars. We did use it a few times to hold the balcony door open as it slams shut without one. It worked very well. It is one item I would definitely suggest bringing.

Jane

I used the rubber door stop the steward uses. I just stuck it in the crack between the door and the door jamb.

(Now I am going to sit and wait for the responses to sticking things in cracks:D )

Not going to hear a word from me since I'm guilty of the same crack stuffing ;)

A rolled up towel also works .

I think with all the jumping off the ship, anyone that drinks more than a couple now need to bungee cord themselves to the railing of the ship, that way they don't get lost if they decide to "swim" :D

Cheers, Carole

Our Target has a package of 3 for $1.00 in the front bins.

Someone mentioned about them holding balcony doors open ( I would think it would make your cabin hot and muggy?)

I brought bungee cords on the Miracle last month and didn't use them. There was a sign on the balcony door that said keeping your balcony door open will cause the air conditioner to turn off. We didn't think it was true, so we tried it anyway, and it got hot in there really fast even though there was a breeze. I'm still going to bring them on my next cruise, though.

DH and I always take one. We love to hear the waves and let them rock us to sleep. :cool: It's a long, long time from now 'til Nov.:p

Luv's Crusin'

When we cruised, in late May, it was often so windy when the balcony door was open that a chair would have been a real hassel. It was usually too cold in our cabin and the warm breeze was welcome. The AC did not go off when we opened the door.

Archived