Cruising Families!!

suey

Just wondering how many people come from a "cruising family' as I often see in threads things like - when my parents were on board etc.

As most of you know we often travel together as an extended family - often have 4 generations on board. My mother introduced most of us to the cruising experience THANKS MUM.:) (Although of course her next one is always her last one).

My daughters, mum and sister travel with me most times and at times without me. Plus sometimes the grandkids, son and daughter-in-law. Two of my brothers have done a bit of cruising also and in January we will be travelling with one of them and his wife. Since introducing them to the cruising experience in April my niece and her family and another couple of friends have already booked their next cruise for 2008.

How many other families share this cruising addiction? ;)

I guess my family started my "Cruise addiction" when we relocated from Auckland to Sydney on the Northern Star. I was only 7 years old but remember the feeling of being on the sea. Mum, Aunty, sister and I did a cruise on the Fairstar, I have done a mixture of cruising alone, with girlfriends, with my husband and with my children.

Hopefully I have given my kids the cruise bug, my daughter has done a Mediteranian cruise, cant see us cruising as a family in the near future, the boys are 19 and 21 yrs and "Mummy" won't be paying for anymore holidays for them:D

Chez

xx

My Nan and Grandad started mine.

We used to see them off every year from Fremantle...the days when you could go onboard before the ship sailed. Unfortunately my Nan died on a cruise and was buried at the first port of call....Naples.

I joined the navy, my brother joined the navy, we both married people in the navy as did two of my sisters.

I took my kids cruising about 4 years ago, and now my son wants to join the navy. we all love the life at sea...but I gotta tell ya...I love the big white boats better than the ole grey ones!!!!:p

Kaz

Kaz,

My dad was in the navy when I was young, think that is how I got my sea bug!! We lived in Quakers Hill, Nirimba base, (where I was born) remember waking to the band every morning, I always wanted to join but life and kids got in the way, I ended up joining the "other force":eek: My daughter has just applied for the Airforce when she finishes Year 12 next year, through ADFA in Canberra. Looks like I will be visiting your territory ADF!!

Chez

xx

Last year we did a P&O Asia cruise , myself hubby & two kids and his sister, she's been widowed for 4 years and her 3 kids, it was the first family holiday since her hubby died from cancer. We had a ball, we spent the whole week laughing, dinner was the best part of the day, her kids still talk about it when they see us. She hasn't ruled out doing another one in the near future, meanwhile I'm hooked.

Yep, we've shared it with our families....

My first cruise was with my Mum and Martin's Mum (and Martin of course!). On my second cruise we were joined by my Mum & Dad, and my third cruise was my Mum & Dad and Martin's Mum and her best friend....

And Martin's also cruised previously with his Mum and his brother and another friend on Pacific Sky, his Mum & some of her friends on Fair Princess, and his first cruise on Fair Princess was with his other Mum.....

Our cruise in September is going to be strange in that it will be the first cruise either of us have done without a family member joining us - it's just the two of us!

Kym

Hi everyone, I too come from a family of cruisers.

mum,brother, uncles , aunties,cousins,even my husband. we all love it.

(one aunty died on the dancefloor of the Marco Polo between Cairns and Auckland) .....in the arms of the one she loved... I would like to go that way...

I would live on a ship if only I could...

to go to bed each night with that gentle rocking motion, and when you wake up, you could be in another country..

visiting all the different ports of call, meeting new people and making friends.... everything about cruising is.... great..

kindest regards .. Lorraine:) :)

My family don't share my passion for ships & the sea. I was introduced to cruising the same way as chez. When I was 14 my family decided to return to England. I had always had a fascination for ships so was thrilled to be spending 5 weeks on one with mum, dad, brother & sister. That was in 1975 & we all had a good time but I'm the only one that's been on a ship since. Mum has since died but my dad, brother & sister have no inclination whatsoever to cruise. My sister's daughter did a med cruise last year on Voyager of the seas & she really enjoyed it and has talked about doing another one but whether she will or not.......only time will tell.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kaz

Loved your message,my Grandparents took me and my brother last year on our first cruise,also our great grandparents as well [Jun 07].

My mother is a PO in the navy and meet my dad [Army] on Tobruk,and they coming with us all on 22 Sep [sun]

Thanks

Em

My Nan and Grandad started mine.

We used to see them off every year from Fremantle...the days when you could go onboard before the ship sailed. Unfortunately my Nan died on a cruise and was buried at the first port of call....Naples.

I joined the navy, my brother joined the navy, we both married people in the navy as did two of my sisters.

I took my kids cruising about 4 years ago, and now my son wants to join the navy. we all love the life at sea...but I gotta tell ya...I love the big white boats better than the ole grey ones!!!!:p

Kaz

Archived