tabayana beach

lovetexas

Do you need reservations? If so do you know who we contact? Thanks for the info.

Sorry to be so long in answering - family situation kept me off the list for awhile - but we had no reservations at the Mayan Princess and had no problem. I'd suggest that you get there early in the day rather than later as the best lounges and locations were taken first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

A week ago today I was in Roatan enjoying the crystal clear waters of Tabyana Beach. I highly reccomend this beach excursion to all. The ride from the pier took about 25 minutes, the beach itself had the softest, whitest sand I have ever seen. There were clean bathrooms available, 2 small gift shops, massages were offered & also hair braiding. There was a small lunch buffet available for $10. pp. Our group we travel with loves to snorkel and this beach had a reef you could swim out to and snorkel & the fish were all over the place. Most all agreed this was the best snorkeling they had ever done. As the day went on there were small boats bringing people who had paid for snorkeling excursions to this reef.

The excursion thru Carnival cost us approx $37. pp for the entire day and if you didn't have your own snorkel gear you could rent it for $15. for 2 hours. This excursion was a great choice since you could spend the day at the beach & snorkel to. The water was so clear it was like being in a swimming pool with a sandy bottom. I have read comments about bugs being on the beaches of Roatan. I have to tell you we arrived with bug spray in hand and never once had to think of using it. I am very pleased that our cruise ended up at Roatan after Costa Maya was cancelled, this beach was just gorgeous. It reminded me of the Corona Beer commercial on TV where you see the 2 chairs looking out at the cool blue water. I will try to post a few pictures of the beach real soon. Any questions about Tabyana Beach just ask me & will try to answer.:)

Hello Everyone,

A week ago today I was in Roatan enjoying the crystal clear waters of Tabyana Beach. I highly reccomend this beach excursion to all. The ride from the pier took about 25 minutes, the beach itself had the softest, whitest sand I have ever seen. There were clean bathrooms available, 2 small gift shops, massages were offered & also hair braiding. There was a small lunch buffet available for $10. pp. Our group we travel with loves to snorkel and this beach had a reef you could swim out to and snorkel & the fish were all over the place. Most all agreed this was the best snorkeling they had ever done. As the day went on there were small boats bringing people who had paid for snorkeling excursions to this reef.

The excursion thru Carnival cost us approx $37. pp for the entire day and if you didn't have your own snorkel gear you could rent it for $15. for 2 hours. This excursion was a great choice since you could spend the day at the beach & snorkel to. The water was so clear it was like being in a swimming pool with a sandy bottom. I have read comments about bugs being on the beaches of Roatan. I have to tell you we arrived with bug spray in hand and never once had to think of using it. I am very pleased that our cruise ended up at Roatan after Costa Maya was cancelled, this beach was just gorgeous. It reminded me of the Corona Beer commercial on TV where you see the 2 chairs looking out at the cool blue water. I will try to post a few pictures of the beach real soon. Any questions about Tabyana Beach just ask me & will try to answer.:)

Sounds like you had a great day. Was the beach very crowded? We will be there in Jan'09. One year we went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel because everyone raved about it & it ended up being too crowded for us. Is it only booked through the ship? That would be okay with me because most of our tours we book through the cruiseline anyway.

Thanks...

Tanislandgirl

Yes please post some pictures....

Will be there in April and planning on Tabyana beach excursion through RCI... Not sure which package to purchase yet but am going.....

I am curious as to where the best shopping is ...for after the beach.... Closer to the beach or Port....

Are there any other water activities at Tabyana?

Judgemom - There were no water sports/activities other than snorkeling available when I was there. This beach seems to be very relaxed & laid back. As far as shopping goes.... I was not impressed at all. The only shopping we saw was a little stand set up at a look at point where the bus stopped when taking us back to the ship. This person had handmade necklaces & bracelets for $5. which actually were very nice. Then of course there was the flea market type shopping right in the parking lot type area of the ships dock area. Oh, and I almost forgot there were a few tables set up at the far end of the beach with odds & ends. I would have bought some stuff if anything struck me but nothing did. Thats odd!

Bobug - I have been to Paradise Beach in Cozumel a few times so I know what you mean about it getting crowded. I like the set up there and all they have to offer but I just wish the water was cleaner & clearer.

Tabyana never got crowded the day we were there. Probably because it was just our ship docked, Carnival Legend & 2 other small ships which were tendered. I did book Tabyana through our ship for $37. pp which included only transportation & unlimited iced tea & lemonade. Which by the way was very good, they add vanilla extract to both & what a great twist it adds to them both. There is a new dock area being built right now to accommodate more ships so I imagine this is an up and coming port. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable making the drive to the beach area without going through a cruise excursion or a guided tour. The ride was 25 minutes and took you through some areas of extreme poverty. I live in NY & while in the city you have to learn to trust you gut sometimes & I just got the feeling I was safer this way (with the group).

I am trying to upload pictures to attach but keep getting a message that its failing. I will keep trying. I will find a way to get them on here. It may just mean I have to wait for the teenage son to help me.:D

I am still having issues uploading the pictures, not sure what's up because I have done this many times before. I know the boards were having some technical problems a day or two ago maybe it's because of that.

If anybody wants to send their email address to me I will get the pictures to you through an email. If you are hesitant about putting your email address on the boards for all to see you can go to yahoo and make an email address up to use for this. You can email me at Cruisensusan54@yahoo.com

Please put Tabyana in the subject of the email & I will get the pictures off to you right away.:)

Judgemom - There were no water sports/activities other than snorkeling available when I was there. This beach seems to be very relaxed & laid back. As far as shopping goes.... I was not impressed at all. The only shopping we saw was a little stand set up at a look at point where the bus stopped when taking us back to the ship. This person had handmade necklaces & bracelets for $5. which actually were very nice. Then of course there was the flea market type shopping right in the parking lot type area of the ships dock area. Oh, and I almost forgot there were a few tables set up at the far end of the beach with odds & ends. I would have bought some stuff if anything struck me but nothing did. Thats odd!

Bobug - I have been to Paradise Beach in Cozumel a few times so I know what you mean about it getting crowded. I like the set up there and all they have to offer but I just wish the water was cleaner & clearer.

Tabyana never got crowded the day we were there. Probably because it was just our ship docked, Carnival Legend & 2 other small ships which were tendered. I did book Tabyana through our ship for $37. pp which included only transportation & unlimited iced tea & lemonade. Which by the way was very good, they add vanilla extract to both & what a great twist it adds to them both. There is a new dock area being built right now to accommodate more ships so I imagine this is an up and coming port. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable making the drive to the beach area without going through a cruise excursion or a guided tour. The ride was 25 minutes and took you through some areas of extreme poverty. I live in NY & while in the city you have to learn to trust you gut sometimes & I just got the feeling I was safer this way (with the group).

I am trying to upload pictures to attach but keep getting a message that its failing. I will keep trying. I will find a way to get them on here. It may just mean I have to wait for the teenage son to help me.:D

We will be on the Valor...first Carnival cruise after 7 Princess & 2 RCCL. I am looking forward to going to this Island...I am going to take your advice about booking thru the cruiseline. I will be looking out for your pictures in the meantime. Thanks again....

OK, I posted a few pictures from our day at Tabyana. When you look at the photos you will see a photo of a school bus, that was our transportation to the beach. One thing I would like for you all to take notice of is how white the sand was there.:)

(photos will be small so just click on them to make them a bit bigger)

1690109154_37-Photo37.jpg.a544cd0c1dd74a838614a4af47bb09a5.jpg

1523798462_40-Photo40.jpg.1a609838a3af6574abe6006ae9a1468c.jpg

1056782714_41-Photo41TabyanaBeach.jpg.d3c1a91ae92647f12a085780c3ba401b.jpg

2010319018_43-Photo43TabyanaBeach.jpg.10f6dc13a938b9eec55f6f0bbdfd3b8e.jpg

696432265_44-TabyanaBeach-Roatan.jpg.10320153d917b47c8bf862613f61ccd9.jpg

We will be on the Valor...first Carnival cruise after 7 Princess & 2 RCCL. I am looking forward to going to this Island...I am going to take your advice about booking thru the cruiseline. I will be looking out for your pictures in the meantime. Thanks again....

Bobug,

I hope you enjoy your cruise with Carnival, we have been happy with them but have nothing to compare to since we have always cruised Carnival. We are just now looking at other lines just to try different itineraries. Any other questions about the beach, just ask.:)

TanIslandGirl

I have a question for you. Since you just did the Western Itinerary. Where are some good places to shop, especially for gold & diamonds on this Western Itin?

Thanks for posting the pictues!

Hello,

Hmmm, Gold & Diamonds, good question. Cozumel is good for silver & other stones but gold and diamonds I would say check out Grand Cayman.

I have only purchased silver on a cruise never gold or diamonds. I'm not good at knowing what the correct prices are so I tend to not even look for gold while cruising.

Archived