tabayana beach

lovetexas

mathew,

are you staying at the mayan over thanksgiving?

i called the resort directly and was told we could just pay when we arrived..

Yes, we'll be at the Mayan. We get there on the Saturday before Thxgiving, and leave the Saturday after. I really want to spend a couple of weeks there next time. I decided after our cruise visit in 2004 that, "One day in Roatan is not enough!" So, on my week trip in July, I decided that "one week in Roatan is definitely not enough!" But, alas, work just won't let me keep vanishing for extended periods of time! LOL!

YIKES! You called the resort directly?! Have you received your phone bill, yet? We contacted them several times before the July trip and had a wonderful $110 phone bill! Of course, we talked and questioned, and talked and questioned, etc! But, were very happy with our choice (obviously, since we're heading back!) No phone calls to them this time, though!

I emailed Victor to get group pricing to take us to West Bay Beach. I also asked him for day pass pricing at a number of resorts. Here are the resorts and pricing for each:

Mayan Princess $10/person

Fosters $5/person

Paradise Beach $10/person

Bananarama Free Access and $5/per lounge chair

Now, I see that TxLnghrnz likes the Mayan Princess. Has anyone else used any of these other resorts that can give us "reviews" of them?

I emailed Victor to get group pricing to take us to West Bay Beach. I also asked him for day pass pricing at a number of resorts. Here are the resorts and pricing for each:

Mayan Princess $10/person

Fosters $5/person

Paradise Beach $10/person

Bananarama Free Access and $5/per lounge chair

Now, I see that TxLnghrnz likes the Mayan Princess. Has anyone else used any of these other resorts that can give us "reviews" of them?

mayan princess appears to be nicer but paradise beach is closer to the better snorkeling at tabyana beach.. less of a walk down the beach, just from looking at the map ....

• 1 month later...

Tabayana beach is just a portion of the west bay. You don't have to go through the ship excusion. Our guide took us to the beach. We rented snorkle equipment for $10 (mask, mouth piece, fins, and life vest). Afterwards, we rinsed ourselves at an outdoor shower and went back to ship happily.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks-

I'm an owner of one of the Infinity Bay condos. The first phase is all finished and the resort is taking reservations starting 12/22. We don't expect the resort to allow day trippers, thank goodness. People who stay in the resort will be paying a lot of money and shouldn't have to battle with the cruise ship crowd for access to their own amenities.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question about some previous posts: most people said the snorkeling was beautiful off of West Bay; but one person said most of it was dead and also complained about fleas on the beach. We are snorkeling fools and would be very concerned to find mostly dead coral since snorkeling would be the main attraction for us at Roatan. Any opinions on where the truth lies here?

I have a question...We are planning on doing the excursion sponsered by RCCL in APril to Tabayana Beach but also want to do the zipline there.. RCCL only offers the beach excursion...Is it possible to purchase the zipline portion once we arrive at the beach?

Also, does anyone have pictures of the beach/sand etc.

Is the water clear and blue like in the Caymans???? That was the most beautiful water I have ever seen..

Thank you...

• 4 weeks later...

Help I'm confused! 6 of us will be in Roatan on the cc Legend in May. We are just wanting to take a cab or bus which ever is recommended to a west bay beach to spend a day on the beach and possibly snorkel a little. How do I go about doing this? It seems some beaches are for cruise tours only and some are owned by resorts? How does all this work? Sorry, I'm a first time cruiser as is all my group and they have put me in charge of research and any help would be great!

Help I'm confused! 6 of us will be in Roatan on the cc Legend in May. We are just wanting to take a cab or bus which ever is recommended to a west bay beach to spend a day on the beach and possibly snorkel a little. How do I go about doing this? It seems some beaches are for cruise tours only and some are owned by resorts? How does all this work? Sorry, I'm a first time cruiser as is all my group and they have put me in charge of research and any help would be great!

We were in Roatan a couple of weeks ago on the Voyager and had a great day at the Mayan Princess. We got off the ship and walked by all the cab drivers gathered at the pier asking them " How much round trip to Mayan Princess?" We thought the first quotes were high so we kept walking and asking until we found round-trip for $10/pp (there were four of us). The driver spoke good English and was very friendly and willing to answer all our questions about his country. At the Mayan Princess (a BEAUTIFUL resort), we paid $10/pp and had the use of their large river-style pool, clean rest rooms, restaurant, beach bar (with $1 beer and soft drinks) and access to the beach with lounges and umbrellas. At the agreed-upon time, the cab driver was there waiting for us. The drive each way was +/-15 minutes. We ended up giving the driver $25 when he dropped us off at the resort and $25 when we got back to the boat. All in all it was a wonderful day and we love Roatan.

At the Mayan Princess (a BEAUTIFUL resort), we paid $10/pp and had the use of their large river-style pool, clean rest rooms, restaurant, beach bar (with $1 beer and soft drinks) and access to the beach with lounges and umbrellas.

I'm happy to hear that MP had cheap beer and soft drinks. We'll be there in March.

We were in Roatan a couple of weeks ago on the Voyager and had a great day at the Mayan Princess. We got off the ship and walked by all the cab drivers gathered at the pier asking them " How much round trip to Mayan Princess?" We thought the first quotes were high so we kept walking and asking until we found round-trip for $10/pp (there were four of us). The driver spoke good English and was very friendly and willing to answer all our questions about his country. At the Mayan Princess (a BEAUTIFUL resort), we paid $10/pp and had the use of their large river-style pool, clean rest rooms, restaurant, beach bar (with $1 beer and soft drinks) and access to the beach with lounges and umbrellas. At the agreed-upon time, the cab driver was there waiting for us. The drive each way was +/-15 minutes. We ended up giving the driver $25 when he dropped us off at the resort and $25 when we got back to the boat. All in all it was a wonderful day and we love Roatan.

Do you need reservations? If so do you know who we contact? Thanks for the info.

Linda

Just came back from Voyager of the Seas. We took the ship's excursion to Tabyanna Beach. It was one of the best beaches I have ever been to. Soft white sand, lots of palm trees for a bit of shade and the water is as clear as it can be. Have seen the posts about the fleas but we had none at all.

When we arrived at the beach , we were offered the option of adding a zipline tour (we did not do)

Hey all...

I booked the Tabayana Beach and zipline thru CCL...and i'm gettin mixed messages about whether i can rent snorkel gear from the tabayana side of the beach??? any ideas for ppl who have been....can i rent or not???

Yes you can rent the snorkel gear. I brought my own mask and snorkel, but some people rented for $10.00

Snorkeling is excellent.

This sounds like a perfect day. We have a son with Autism...so we are options are limited. He loves the beach. Thanks for the heads up. I think this is what we will do in May!!

Archived