"Next Cruise" question

csk

We booked a "next cruise" booking on our April Mariner cruise, I since have made it a cruise for October, but it looks like it is not going to work. If I cancel the cruise will I still have the "next booking" or do I loose it? Thanks

No, from what I understand, it is a deposit on a future cruise and you have X amount of months to use the deposit. You don't have to have a specific cruise when you book it and it is moveable.

Do they also give onboard cruise credits with NextCruise? It's a pretty good deal if they do :)

If you cancel the cruise you will lose the next booking advantage. You can however, instead of canceling, pick another date/ship and use the same res # and the obc will be applied to that cruise.

Once a cruise is booked, and canceled, your deposit is refunded and the reservation number can't be used again. We have changed dates/ships and kept our res number so we were able to keep the obc. Good luck.

If you cancel the cruise you will lose the next booking advantage. You can however, instead of canceling, pick another date/ship and use the same res # and the obc will be applied to that cruise.

Once a cruise is booked, and canceled, your deposit is refunded and the reservation number can't be used again. We have changed dates/ships and kept our res number so we were able to keep the obc. Good luck.

Katie, I couldn't have said it any better.:D

No, from what I understand, it is a deposit on a future cruise and you have X amount of months to use the deposit. You don't have to have a specific cruise when you book it and it is moveable.

Do they also give onboard cruise credits with NextCruise? It's a pretty good deal if they do :)

They no longer have a time limit to book your next cruise if you leave the deposit using the Next Cruise program (at least that was what I was told on our recent cruise in May).

Yes, you will get onboard credits depending on the length of cruise you select.

Whatever you do, do not cancel the reservation. Instead, change it to a later date (well beyond the penalty period) in order to keep the reservation number active and retain the onboard credits.

If I'm not mistaken, the $100 is also non-refundable, so you might lose that if you decide to cancel.

Just off the Empress of the Seas and had a talk with the Loyalty Ambassador about just this question. He said that if you book using the next cruise option and then cancel you would receive your refund minus the next cruise amount. You would then loose the $100 per person. Since I have parents in their mid 80s and just never know what would happen we booked a 4 day cruise that had a $100/person deposit. He said if we change our mind and decided to take a longer cruise we could change and as long as we keep the booking number all the onboard benefits would remain and increase to the length of the cruise. Basically the old way of booking cruises in the future on board when you did not know where you were going.

Bill

FYI-- Next Cruises made on RCI ships can be used for Ceebrity cruises and vice versa
Celebrity has next cruise options now too??

Just off the Empress of the Seas and had a talk with the Loyalty Ambassador about just this question. He said that if you book using the next cruise option and then cancel you would receive your refund minus the next cruise amount. You would then loose the $100 per person. Since I have parents in their mid 80s and just never know what would happen we booked a 4 day cruise that had a $100/person deposit. He said if we change our mind and decided to take a longer cruise we could change and as long as we keep the booking number all the onboard benefits would remain and increase to the length of the cruise. Basically the old way of booking cruises in the future on board when you did not know where you were going.

Bill

Yes, you can always just book a short cruise which will only tie up $100 PP(just like Next cruise) and it will be totally refundable............just pick a date really far out(say 2009) and then you can home and decide which one you really want......all works out the same...........except now you have a refundable deposit..

You can also make a NextCruise booking in just one person's name...........thus only putting down a $100 deposit. As long as the person on the NextCruise booking goes on the cruise when it is eventually booked.............it is perfectly legal.

You can also make a NextCruise booking in just one person's name...........thus only putting down a $100 deposit. As long as the person on the NextCruise booking goes on the cruise when it is eventually booked.............it is perfectly legal.

True.........I snagged 2 Next Cruises that way on my last cruise........

True.........I snagged 2 Next Cruises that way on my last cruise........

Ok, sorry i need this spelled out for me (still consider myself a newbie) So if i want to cruise in the future with DH i only have to do one next cruise in one of our names? Then when i do book specific sail date how does the deposit for second or third in cabin work? Would it be at regular deposit rate? Thanks for your patience :)

Ok, sorry i need this spelled out for me (still consider myself a newbie) So if i want to cruise in the future with DH i only have to do one next cruise in one of our names? Then when i do book specific sail date how does the deposit for second or third in cabin work? Would it be at regular deposit rate? Thanks for your patience :)

I, too, am interested in learning about this. I have never booked while on board.

Ok, you go see the loyalty ambassador and tell her/him you want to book a Next cruise just in your name.......it will cost $100......

Then when you are home and decide(and it never expires so you can take a day, a month, a year, or 2) you call RCCL or a TA and tell them what you want to book......at this time,you will pay the rest of the deposit for the two of you($400 more for a 7 nighter,for instance)........and then your OBC will be credited to that sailing..........

IF you have it booked and change your mind, change the ship and date,but keep that booking number.........that way,you'll keep the OBC....

Whatever you do,do not cancel outright because that $100 is non refundable.

Another option to just tie up $100,is book a Sovereign/Majesty/Monarch(a cruise that only requires $100PP deposit) for yourself........book it for as far out as you can(say 2009).....

Then anytime before final payment is due on that 2009 cruise,you can change your mind........add your spouse or whoever....change the ship/date..........and at that time ,you will pay the rest of the deposit,like above......(you're still getting the same OBC)

Only difference is this $100 is refundable..........

Parrothead8, you have been a great source of info in the past months since i have joined CC. Which $100 are u referring to as being nonrefunable? The Next Cruise $100 or the OBC of $100 if u cancel? And I am guessing with your scenario #2, booking the shorter cruise that this suggestion is in lieu of booking on board (so no OBC?) Thanks

The $100 non refundable deposit is when you book a NEXTCRUISE(thats the name of the program)It allows you to have a ghost booking without picking a ship. or date........(this is done onbaord) You get OBC for whatever future cruise you wind up picking when you get home.

My second scenario has you picking a ship and date(which you can change later)....and that $100 deposit is fully refundable........(You also book this onboard,but is it NOT the Next cruise option)....

You get the same amount of OBC(for the future cruise--NOT the one you are currently on) for both situations.........you wont lose that OBC for either one AS LONG AS YOU keep the same booking number when doing any changes.....

I know this sounds a little confusing:confused: .......please let me know if you're still not sure...............

The $100 non refundable deposit is when you book a NEXTCRUISE(thats the name of the program)It allows you to have a ghost booking without picking a ship. or date........(this is done onbaord) You get OBC for whatever future cruise you wind up picking when you get home.

My second scenario has you picking a ship and date(which you can change later)....and that $100 deposit is fully refundable........(You also book this onboard,but is it NOT the Next cruise option)....

You get the same amount of OBC(for the future cruise--NOT the one you are currently on) for both situations.........you wont lose that OBC for either one AS LONG AS YOU keep the same booking number when doing any changes.....

I know this sounds a little confusing:confused: .......please let me know if you're still not sure...............

This is the part that i am confused about. Option 2-so do u mean if i book one of the cruises which require only a $100 deposit while on board that i STILL would get an OBC? The cruises on those ships which are typically shorter would not earn the same OBC of $100 would they as the Next Cruise would get me? I would think it would be only $50 for the shorter cruise. Am i thinking correctly or not thinking at all? haha Just trying to figure out the best scenario. Thanks again.:)

You will get the appropriate amount of OBC if you book either way......

I just suggested you book a Sovereign so you only have to lay out $100 upfront...........later on, when you change that cruise to say a 7 nighter,you will pay the rest of the deposit then($400 more) and the OBC for the 7 nighter will be altered to give you $100OBC.

The NEXT CRUISE option,you get OBC and again,it will depend on the lenght of the cruise,but it will be credited when you book whatever cruise later on.....

Bottom line....

both ways you get the same amount of OBC.........it will be determined by the length of the cruise you choose to take..

both ways,you lay out only $100(one being refundable,one not)....

both ways,you finish paying the rest of your deposit when you decide what ship you really want....

If you're sure,you'll be taking a cruise and no chance of ever cancelling,do the NextCruise........

Another newbie at on board booking. Do i understand that i alone can book the $100 next cruise or Small OB cruise. Does each person get an onboard credit or is it just one obc per cabin. If obc is per cabin might as well do 2 next cruises or 2 3 niters for only $100 each

Thanks, i may get this straight yet. Beej

You will get the appropriate amount of OBC if you book either way......

I just suggested you book a Sovereign so you only have to lay out $100 upfront...........later on, when you change that cruise to say a 7 nighter,you will pay the rest of the deposit then($400 more) and the OBC for the 7 nighter will be altered to give you $100OBC.

The NEXT CRUISE option,you get OBC and again,it will depend on the lenght of the cruise,but it will be credited when you book whatever cruise later on.....

Bottom line....

both ways you get the same amount of OBC.........it will be determined by the length of the cruise you choose to take..

both ways,you lay out only $100(one being refundable,one not)....

both ways,you finish paying the rest of your deposit when you decide what ship you really want....

If you're sure,you'll be taking a cruise and no chance of ever cancelling,do the NextCruise........

By george i think i got it (finally). I did not know if u booked a shorter cruise on board with a smaller OBC that they would increase it if u changed your reservation to a longer cruise after the fact. I printed all this out and am keeping in my file for future reference. I have not seen anything on this in any posts i have read going into such detail about next cruise vs future cruise as u have explained it. Thankyou so much for staying with me on this:)

No problem............yes, whenever you change one cruise for another and OBC is involved,it will adjust to the right amount for that cruise.......it will go from low to high and visa versa....

Im glad I was clear enough to help you..

Archived