New sister to the Eurodam (How to name her?)

WvW

I thought I was on top of industry news but somehow I seem to have missed the press release of June 11th, 2007 announcing the order for a sister of the Eurodam.

(Carnival's corporate website: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1013701&highlight=)

Did I also miss out on the launch of a name contest? (JUST FOUND THE OTHER THREAD ON NAMING SUGGESTIONS, GOTCHA!!!)

Let me jump in; please return to the traditional naming after Dutch cities and do not start a new tradition of continent names!! The reason to name the Eurodam after the continent where the line earned its history is great but the name associates to me more with the local currency than the continental background. What would be the next step; naming a ship after the continent were it earned its current status? The Americadam??? In the future; the Asiadam and the Aussiedam???? Come on!!!

In the HAL history are many DAM-ship names that can be re-used. Else, as small as Holland is, there are still DAM-city names that are not used yet by HAL.

HAL is a line of traditions,... stick to it!

Archived