"LIVE" from the Grandeur 2007 Bermuda

Hello everyone. . . I for got to mention that we made it back to Baltimore and were tied up to the dock by 730AM yesterday.

The first passengers started to debark by about 815-830.

I will post some debarkation pics later today as well as a few other pics of the ship. I still have to post the Compass for each day, but that may take a few days. I have to work this weekend. . .

I hope I was able to answer all questions in regard to the Grandeur of the Seas, and her trip to Bermuda.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

e8975f16.jpg

Ooops...What I meant was they were filled with people most of the time ! !

They were filled with water ALL of the time (except late at night when they were drained, and new ocean water was added daily !)

Radio

Thanks so much for the clarification. I'm a little ditzy at times. :p

Hello everyone ! We made it on board by around 1230PM. The process was very easy. There weren't many people in the terminal, and the agents told me that the busiest time at the Passenger Terminal is between 1 and 2 PM. We went directly to our cabin, and dropped of our carry ons.

I am shocked that I haven't heard much about the condition of Grandeur after the dry dock. Just after walking around I bit, I have noticed many changes. There were many changes at the pool area and Windjammer. I will go into more detail later. . . .

Our muster drill is at 430PM, and we are set to sail away at 5PM. We should be sailing under the Key Bridge shortly thereafter, and should reach the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by 7PM. I am told that it will take about 8 Hours to make down to Norfolk, where we should drop off the pilot at Cape Henry.

Grandeur of the Seas in Baltimore

e8addff6.jpg

Cruise Maryland

e8addffa.jpg

The Terminal was almost empty. . .

e8addff9.jpg

Sunny Day on Grandeur

e8addd10.jpg

Our Cabin on Deck 7

e8addcdf.jpg

I love the new port in Baltimore. It is so much easier to access than the old port.

Looks like they got new bedding since last year.

No pictures of the ship going under the bridge. I love to watch that, and the reactions of those who have never seen it.

Can you tell me what kind of camera you are using to take your pictures?

AMy

I used a Sony DSC-W50 for this cruise. . .

Radio

Hello all ! The Windjammer Marketplace was the area that took most of the time while in dry dock in Mobile, AL.

The old Windjammer was virtually gutted. I talked to several of the crew who shared what was done during dry dock.

• Carpeting was replaced throughout the new W/M
  • All NEW cooking appliances were added (Grills/Ranges/Ovens)
  • All NEW counters, tiles,and window seating
  • New Lighting Added
  • New Salad Area
  • New Soup Stations
  • New Entrée Stations (Including NEW Asian, and Mediterranean Stations)
  • New Dessert Stations
  • All new wall treatments
  • Navigational Lighting was removed from all tables
  • Frozen Yogurt machine was moved to Pool Deck
  • New Entry/Exit Glass Doors were added

There was much more done. . . behind the scenes to accommodate the finished product. I was truly impressed by the changes, and RCI has suggested that the feedback has been wonderful.

Yeah. . . there are still some unhappy occasions at the Windjammer Marketplace at times. . . Like Embarkation Day between 1-3 PM, and Breakfast everyday, the hour before they close. For the most part, I think that most passengers will be happy with the change. . .

Oh, I forgot to say. . . .It also looks very nice !

Radio

Breakfast/ Cereal Station

e89ced43.jpg

Breakfast Entrée Station

e89ced65.jpg

New Window Seating (On Both Sides)

e89ced99.jpg

New Wine and Beverage storage (Coolers Above)

e89ceda8.jpg

New Salad Stations (Both Sides)

e8a1119f.jpg

I love the new port in Baltimore. It is so much easier to access than the old port.

Looks like they got new bedding since last year.

No pictures of the ship going under the bridge. I love to watch that, and the reactions of those who have never seen it.

I knew I had a copy of the Grandeur and the bridge. Here it is.

1847308224_keybridge.jpg.a3ae363a818033654f924c22c90b3107.jpg

Hi Radio,

I just wanted to say THANKS for the gorgeous pics of the "updated" Windjammer Marketplace!! I love the seats by the windows.....very cool!

Just 83 more days til we can see it all in person:D

Thanks so much for taking your valuable cruising time to do these postings for us all to enjoy, and beleive me.......WE DO ENJOY THEM!;)

Comet Cruiser

Gail

OK...This is how I post all pics to Cruise Critic.

1. All photos are first posted to my Photo Page.(pixel size 448X336 or similar)

2. I then begin a CC Post, and click on -POST REPLY-

3. I click on the Icon at the top of the Dialog Box that is titled -INSERT IMAGE-

4. I open a photo from my Photo Page, and click on Properties...

5. I copy the properties from the photo and paste them into the box that appears when you select -Insert Image_

6. I then click on -Submit Reply-

And there you go. . .it only takes a few seconds to post each photo... The first few may take longer due to the process.

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks Radio...I'll try it in the future.

Hello everyone. . . I just have a few more photos to post from our final few hours on Grandeur. We arrived into Baltimore on time. The debarkation process was very smooth.

I did notice that the Express Self Assist debarkation has increased to almost 600 passengers. My advice to you (unless you have to get off quick) is to just relax and enjoy your last few hours on board the Grandeur of the Seas.

It was a very nice cruise. . .and I was very happy with the recent improvements that were made during dry dock.

My current plans are to be on Grandeur, once again in September.

Mrs Radio will be joining me, and also along will be mom, and dad. It should be a great cruise ! I should be sailing on Explorer in November from Cape Liberty Cruise Port, in Bayonne on a 7nt cruise.

I hope to see you on a cruise some day. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Grandeur Bow. . . Early Sunday Morning

e8975f19.jpg

Just passing under the Key Bridge

e8975eff.jpg

Back to Cruise Maryland Passenger Terminal

e8975ed8.jpg

Getting ready for the next Cruise. . .

e8975ec9.jpg

Final view of the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas from I-95

e8975ea8.jpg

Hi Radio,

Love the pix -- helps me tolerate the waiting for our Aug. 5 cruise on Grandeur! Did you post the Compasses yet?

~Robin(bird)

I should be able to post the Compass later tonight. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Radio, I want to say thanks again for everything....I started a new thread for you--not sure if you saw it or not-check it out!

It's funny b/c your "broadcast station" in the Library was exactly where I sat every day. I love that spot.

Hey, do you know the name of the Caribbean Band that was on?

Radio -

Great photos and commentary. I was on the same sailing (in fact, I was on the same ferry that you were on over to St George's,...wish I'd known; I was standing outside most of the time on the starboard side of the ferry).

-Russ

Radio -

Great photos and commentary. I was on the same sailing (in fact, I was on the same ferry that you were on over to St George's,...wish I'd known; I was standing outside most of the time on the starboard side of the ferry).

-Russ

WoW. . What a small world. . . hmmm I was out side starboard on the ferry for most of the trip to St George's too. . . I will have to check out some of my pics. . .

I must have seen you. . .

Radio

View of NCL Crown and NCL Majesty in St.George's Island, Bermuda

e8a144c6.jpg

Hi Radio, another question- were the pools salt water or fresh water? and... how was the food, did they have formal nights or themed nights? Thanks, I'll be cruising in November on the Grandeur to Bermuda and wanted to know.

Hi Radio, Here is another question for you: The night the ship was docked in Bermuda was dinner open seating or did you dine at your scheduled time? Thanks

We hung out at Destination Dockyard for the festival on Tues night. . .

however, the Dining was normal seating. (I am sure that many people missed dinner that night)

Radio

Destination Dockyard - Rick Novell "Ladder Guy"

e8a2c103.jpg

Archived