Private Gathering for 13-15 people on Caribbean Princess

gatour

We are taking my parents on a 50th wedding anniversary cruise this fall on Caribbean Princess (western). There will be 13-15 people. Is it worth contacting Princess to arrange for some type of reserved room to hold a little "party". My take is that our size party is too small to make this a useful effort and that there is nowhere appropriate to have a private party for a party of our sized. My thinking is that we should just arrange to meet for drinks at one of the lounges.

I was already planning on bringing a couple of bottles of a particular champagne that I like and my parents have enjoyed in the past. I know Princess charges a corkage fee in the dining room. However can we bring them into a lounge and have them opened etc for us. Obviously I am willing to pay a fee for this.

Any other ideas? BTW, my parents and us will be in joining balcony cabins, and my parents have no interest in doing the renewal vows thing.

You can always aks Guest Services if something can be arranged for you. I have no idea what their response would be to bringing your own champagne. It might be possible to reserve one of the larger areas in the Wheelhouse for an hour or so. There is a nice little alcove just inside and to the right of the entrance that would probably work for a group your size, and there is another area just a little further in to the left, across from the bar.

I do it all the time for our groups which range from 18 to 26. Simply notify Princess and ask to set up a private party. Be prepared to give them a date and a time. They block off a public room just for you. Reserved sign the whole bit. Its kind of fun. We've had the disco to ourselves and various other rooms. They arrange for a bartender and a waiter for your group. If you pre-pay for the party its a lot cheaper. Last year it was about $15 per person including tip for premium liquors for one hour. Very reasonable pricing. We order a round of shots and a drink for each and then just keep them coming. One drink - ten drinks same price. To get this price though you must book it in advance or you pay per drink on the ship. You are notified once on board and the room and time is confirmed. One person pays for the party. Its a very very fun way to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion spongerob about the alcoves. Looking at the deckplans, I didn't see any rooms appropriate for a party of our size. Based on your suggestion I think I may have remembered on other cruises that they have reserved just a portion of a room for a private gathering.

My daughter arranged a 50th wedding anniversary party for my best friend and her husband in January on the Diamond. There were 14 in our group. She had a small wedding cake made, and we bought champagne. It was held in Skywalkers on our last sea day. The ship provided a server and they even decorated with all the decorations my daughter brought with us. Had a great time!

Archived