Halloween & Martini Clinics ?

lesliew

Two questions.... First time on HAL, we are sailing on Statendam Oct 21/07 (Auckland to Sydney).. Just wondering, will there be any kind of Halloween celebration on board? If so, what might it entail? Second question, does anyone know if they offer a Martini Clinic? We attended one on NCL previously and had a wonderful time. Thanks! :)

I was on the Statendam last Halloween. They had a party before dinner out by the covered pool. The dining room had wonderful decorations. The cruise staff had a costume party in the Crow's Nest in the late evening. All in all it was a fun day

We were on the Maasdam last Halloween and there was a costume party at the Crow's Nest--what fun! Our anniversary is Oct 28 so we often travel around that time--I always pack an "easy" costume so I can dress up if there is an event--so I was in luck. Some people had REALLY elaborate costumes!

Just saw your other question - on some of the ships that we have been on there has been a Martini class -- not free.

But you get to drink your mistakes. :)

Major Haloween costume contest/party on Westerdam (HAL-O-ween DAM group Cruise 2006). Some very elaborate costumes. Group members won overall!

Cheers

Mark

We are taking our first HAL cruise in March 2008. We have done the martini clinics on Celebrity & NCL. On NCL you got to taste 10 (small) martinis. I went back to my cabin after the 1PM tasting & slept for 2 hours, got up, took a shower, then fell fast asleep for another few hours. That's when you really appreciated "anytime" dining!!

Halloween was on informal night for us (which HAL doesn't have anymore, I guess). But I brought a headband to wear as a devil and had an outfit (red dress) for formal or informal/casual, depending on what dress code was for Halloween I could still wear my devil costume: Did I mention I really love Halloween??

2139285870084534781VkSBAL_th.jpg

Archived