NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

and see the new Worldpoints card with the ugly yellow-orange color, nothing like Dawn criuising on the ocean, which is the card & got again with the new account number on it since my 3 year card was stolen since it never made it to us.'

The Oct 1 letter stated that after your December closing date of Compass Rewards card, the account number would move over to Worldpoints & a new card would be mailed in December to you. Then they changed their story with the 90 day rule on changes of accounts. But I see folks complaining that their rewards didn't show. We shredded our old cards on our billing date, so we had no card for B of A after 12/10. No new card by 1/28, so I called to investigate & was told was sent in December, we never got it, so our long time account was closed & new one opened with card NDA to us.

But no info on the NCL account, even NCL tells me that B of A takes care of it & they know nothing. Their website makes it sound fabulous but no info. Worldpoints site I was told to visit makes it sound bogus as the Celebrity Worldpoints was. Same the RCCL and that was a VISA with hardly any perks. So we used our AMEX Blue instead. Stockholders got us OBC that was $250. But now we have a $8 stock that was a $3500 loser. $15 dividend is a joke.

What are the details of the stockholder OBC credit program? We'll be crusiging this August but if all I have to do is own $3500 of stock to get $250 OBC that sounds like a pretty good deal. Do you have a site with the program specifics?

What are the details of the stockholder OBC credit program? We'll be crusiging this August but if all I have to do is own $3500 of stock to get $250 OBC that sounds like a pretty good deal. Do you have a site with the program specifics?

If I'm not mistaken, AFTLOVER is talking about her RCI stockholder perks with the OBC. Although, it's hard to tell. :rolleyes:

Just got off the phone with BofA. They have no idea what is going on with the conversion to WP. From 1-2 till my statement closed on 1-28 I had $459.00 in net purchases and received only 20 WPs. By their statement I should have received 459 points. They could not explain.

I'm missing out on a minimum of 2600 pts on the new program. I also booked a NCL cruise in early January that I should have gotten 2 pts for every $1 spent. I put down a $500 deposit which should have given 1000pts for it pushing my total pts missing to 3100. My Jan statement only had me at 273 pts. I looked online in my account at the rewards section history and they have zero transactions from Jan 1-Jan 9. The exact time I booked an international flight and the cruise. If you called up and they were confused 2 days ago, I doubt they'll have things resolved by now.

Does anyone over at BofA know what the heck they're doing? :eek:

Its doubtful. They are losing a lot of customers over this, but as long as they continue to get the federal bailout money atleast their executives will be happy :mad:

If I'm not mistaken' date=' AFTLOVER is talking about her RCI stockholder perks with the OBC. Although, it's hard to tell. :rolleyes:[/font']

I can find info about the RCL and Carnival shareholder OBC programs but no mention of one with NCL. Are they even a public company? I thought they were run (or bought out by or something) some company in Asia. Thats atleast what I heard when I worked on the Pride of Aloha, but we didnt get that involved with the management of the company beyond the ship heirarchy and Station Bill.

If I'm not mistaken' date=' AFTLOVER is talking about her RCI stockholder perks with the OBC. Although, it's hard to tell. :rolleyes:[/font']

I'll take a stab at it. I think AFT is talking about the AMEX promo NCL ran that got her $250 OBC. Maybe she thinks it was a stockholder's decision.

I'm not sure what stock she's referring to that's losing her money.

Here is a brief excerpt from Bloomberg about NCL and the stock symbols:

Aug. 12 2008 (Bloomberg) -- Star Cruises Ltd.'s first-half loss narrowed from a year ago after Asia's biggest cruise operator boosted capacity by adding ships.

The company, which operates ships under brands including Star Cruises, Norwegian Cruise and Oriental Lines, boosted capacity last year after adding ships to take advantage of higher demand for holidays. Net revenue increased 5.2 percent from a year earlier after it added 29 percent capacity.

Symbol Name Country Type Industry/Objective

STRC:SP Star Cruises Ltd Singapore Common Stock Cruise Lines

SSKZF:US Star Cruises Ltd USA Common Stock Cruise Lines

TJY:GR Star Cruises Ltd Germany Common Stock Cruise Lines

678:HK Star Cruises Ltd Hong Kong Common Stock Cruise Lines

Edited by noreddye

Aug. 12 2008 (Bloomberg) -- Star Cruises Ltd.'s first-half loss narrowed from a year ago after Asia's biggest cruise operator boosted capacity by adding ships.

The company, which operates ships under brands including Star Cruises, Norwegian Cruise and Oriental Lines, boosted capacity last year after adding ships to take advantage of higher demand for holidays. Net revenue increased 5.2 percent from a year earlier after it added 29 percent capacity.

Let's hope they stop losing money and start showing a profit now that NCL America is pretty much dead.

NCL sent out a letter saying that the January points would be wrong due to the switch and that it may be until your March statement before it is rectified.

By the way, BofA gave me that same Charlotte NC 28255 address. I've tried it with maps.google.com and maps.yahoo.com. Both give me 28202 as the zip.

NCL sent out a letter saying that the January points would be wrong due to the switch and that it may be until your March statement before it is rectified.

By the way, BofA gave me that same Charlotte NC 28255 address. I've tried it with maps.google.com and maps.yahoo.com. Both give me 28202 as the zip.

It could be the post office or their processing building is in the 28202 zip code area.

elp..don't have time to read back on the thread so this may have been answered but...when you are writing to BOA re yoru points..has anyone sent their letters via overnite mail or certified mail return receipt requested? Do they actually sign for it? or do you have to send it regular mail..some places do not accept overnite mail delivveries..yet I'd like some kind of receipt as documentation that I sent it...thanks for responses...have a terrific Tuesday

After getting hundreds of billions from taxpayers, banks want to reach into your pocket again.

They are jacking up interest rates on your credit cards and reducing credit limits (which can negatively affect your credit score), so they can collect more money from you as their other investments tank.

You can do something about it!

Over the past decade, credit card banks offered us trillions more in credit than we actually wanted. Sending dozens of offers a year by mail, hawking cards to youthful college students without regard to their ability to pay, and setting minimum payments so that it takes decades to pay off a balance, they tethered millions of people to credit card debt.

Today, with jobless rates rising and markets in turmoil, millions of American families are trying to shed that debt. Federal agencies have already agreed that we need to curb these credit card practices, but postponed implementing sensible new rules until July 2010. We need those rules and more right now.

Congress is considering quick action—show your support!

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1997&s_src=EH91Y45&sub_scr=100020008312710601022520004160105012

These banks are already getting billions in government bailouts with little or no accountability. Don't pay with your tax dollars and again when you pay your next credit card bill. Support common sense credit card reform today.

Sincerely,

Jim Guest

Consumers Union of the U.S.

Nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports

101 Truman Ave.

Yonkers, NY 10703

P.S. Don't forget to forward this message to your friends and family and ask them to join you. They can send a quick and easy message to their own lawmakers to help us pass credit card reform right now!

Has anyone actually received certifications which were supposed to come out the end of January for Rewards? This should have occurred if you do nothing. Thanks!

The letter I recieved dated January 5 states that we will receive our final Compass Reward certificates in 6-8 weeks. (February 17-28?)

Edited by c breeze
Add dates

My Compass Reward Certificates arrived in this morning's mail. Ending balance as of 12-31-08 was 1,404. Received 2 $500 certificates and 5 100 point One Category Upgrade certificates. Sooooo they rounded UP not down.

Glad to hear you got your certificates! The chart they have posted does say they will "round up" but I think they should have given you 3 $500 certificates. Of course that is not what they decided to do when rounding up.......http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#HowManyCert

As someone who has only used (multiple) $500 certificates' date=' but never an Upgrade Certificate, can someone explain the Upgrade Certs to me ...[/font']

Thanks ....

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

For those of us who usually book mini-suites' date=' the upgrades are absolutely worthless because there are no other cabins in the same category. :mad:[/quote']

Yeppers ... we usually get minis or above, so they are pretty much worthless ... whatEVER!

Umm.. How the heck does that one work?? LOL