NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

NCL rep told me it was Tyron St. Someone who lives in NC seems to think there is no Tyron St but they are aware of a Tryon St where BOA is located. I think it may still be up in the air? I sent my info out yesterday to Tyron St as advised by NCL (via USPS certified mail) so I'll let you know when/ if it gets there.

Keep us posted.

Ok, went to USPS.com to look up zipcode in the address. Thought maybe it would list the streets associated with 28255 zipcode. The "recommended link" lead me to this:

exclaimation.gif

Cities in a ZIP Code may be referred to by more than one name or spelling. These results indicate the actual city name. ("Not Acceptable" city names are listed for your reference only -— do not use.)

Actual City name in 28255 (UNIQUE) question_trans.gif

CHARLOTTE, NCspacer.gif

Not Acceptable

BANK OF AMERICA, NC

spacer.gifN C NATL BANK, NC

When I clicked on the "?" after the word unique it stated, "unique zipcode is used for specific company or organization." I'm not so nervous about sending my info yesterday if the street name may or may not be wrong. I'm hoping that the post office will deliver to the zipcode (instead of street) and it will get to BOA.

I promise you guys there is a Tyron. I've been in the Charlotte area for 5 years, and I was duped by thinking it was a misprint when I was trying to find an address. Tryon is a huge, major street in Charlotte, and Tyron is less known. If the rep. says Tyron, they know there could be confusion. What I don't get is why there's a misprint. But if you call them and they're telling you it's Tyron, then I guess I'd go with that. It's an easy mistake that can be made by whoever printed the address. Good luck!!

Edited by AWinkler

I promise you guys there is a Tyron. I've been in the Charlotte area for 5 years, and I was duped by thinking it was a misprint when I was trying to find an address. Tryon is a huge, major street in Charlotte, and Tyron is less known. If the rep. says Tyron, they know there could be confusion. What I don't get is why there's a misprint. But if you call them and they're telling you it's Tyron, then I guess I'd go with that. It's an easy mistake that can be made by whoever printed the address. Good luck!!

From my research, I'm 95% certain BOA has it wrong and it is Tryon. As MM pointed out above, however, with the company specific zip code, it shouldn't matter too much... unless I send fed ex as was planned... I may have to rethink that one!

Good luck - I guess it's now time to wait for replies...

From my research, I'm 95% certain BOA has it wrong and it is Tryon. As MM pointed out above, however, with the company specific zip code, it shouldn't matter too much... unless I send fed ex as was planned... I may have to rethink that one!

Good luck - I guess it's now time to wait for replies...

Yeah, it's a pickle. The main headquarters of BOA is downtown and part of the building's front is on Tryon if that's any help. There's an Irish bar downtown that we go to, and it's on 6th and Tryon. Very near BOA headquarters. That zip is 28202.

i'm telling you people, google map tyron street in charlotte and it says there's no such thing. since the boa main big huge building is on tryon street, it has to be tryon, plus when you google map that zip code, it comes up directly across the street from the main big huge boa building. i mailed mine to tryon street today, it has to be correct, but do as you all wish, i'm just giving you my thoughts.

i'm telling you people, google map tyron street in charlotte and it says there's no such thing. since the boa main big huge building is on tryon street, it has to be tryon, plus when you google map that zip code, it comes up directly across the street from the main big huge boa building. i mailed mine to tryon street today, it has to be correct, but do as you all wish, i'm just giving you my thoughts.

Just heard from my BIL who has lived all his life in Charlotte and who's company is located downtown Charlotte and he confirmed BOA headquarters in on Tryon with the 28255 zipcode. Hope this helps.

Just got my Compass Rewards today. I was truly fearing the worst after everything I've read and the fact that no one seemed to be able to give point totals as of 12/31/08 at either NCL or BofA. But they got my points 100% right. 1 $500 cert. and 1 useless 100 point upgrade. Funny thing is that the bulk of my points (311 or so) were from my ending date in early Dec. through month end. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that they are sending out some more correctly. What a pain this program has turned out to be. :(

I printed out all my statements so i can have them in front of me when i go home tonight to talk to these people on the phone.

Sure as heck this is what i got.

Nov 17 closing statement showed i had 145 points

Dec 17 closing statement showed i had 354 points.

from December 18th through December 31st i made purchases that totaled $1247.89 NON NCL CHARGES and $3011.67 NCL CHARGES.

If you multiply the 1248 x 3 is 37 points

If you multiply the 3012 x 4 is 120 points

so my final total points on Dec 31st were 511

Unless they are not counting the Dec 18- Dec 31 things purchased it still does not make any sense, since I had 354 points on Dec 17th closing so they should have sent me 3 if not 4 100 point upgrades right? LOL

Just got my Compass Rewards today. I was truly fearing the worst after everything I've read and the fact that no one seemed to be able to give point totals as of 12/31/08 at either NCL or BofA. But they got my points 100% right. 1 $500 cert. and 1 useless 100 point upgrade. Funny thing is that the bulk of my points (311 or so) were from my ending date in early Dec. through month end. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that they are sending out some more correctly. What a pain this program has turned out to be. :(

Well that's certainly encouraging. I think you're the first person to post who had charges after your Dec statement and got the correct certs. Maybe there's still some hope for those of us who haven't yet received their letter?

Aha! I think those of you who stopped using the card after the December billing date have gotten the correct certificates! The rest of us only got certificates for the dollars spent the second part of December. Now if we could just get this fixed..........

Not necessarily. I have two cards. One had something like 507 points on it as of my December statement, and the other had 574. Today I got two letters. One gave me a $500 credit along with an upgrade for the remaining 15 (?) The other gave me a single upgrade for 3 points. There isn't even a way to tell which card received what certificates.

::::sigh:::: looks like I have to call too. I hope they figure out a way to straighten this out.

::::sigh:::: looks like I have to call too. I hope they figure out a way to straighten this out.

Yeah, they told me they did. You have to send your complaint to the address they give you and wait 4-6 weeks for their response :eek:.

Edited by MM40

My single account had 509 points in December - their "final" balance is 2 points!

DH's single account had 308 points in December - their "final" balance is 12!

Our joint account had 970 points in December - their "final" balance is 47!

We received a grand total of 3 worthless 1 category upgrade certificates.

It appears to me they only issued certificates for the points earned from our normal December 10 closing date thru December 31.

BTW, our PCC had confirmed the address as:

NCL Compass Reward Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 NORTH TYRON STEET

CHARLOTTE, NC 28255

“You will receive a response in 4-6 weeks in the mail.”

Yeah, they told me they did. You have to send your complaint to the address they give you and wait 4-6 weeks for their response :eek:.

My concern is that the standard wait is 4-6 weeks, but with the hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints they will be receiving regarding the Compass Rewards, they will become overwhelmed and the actual resolution time will be much longer.

Confusion, confusion, confusion.....

Bank of America Corportate center is on 100 N. Tryon. Here is a link to the building they own on 201 North Tryon, in which, I am fairly certain, they are using an unoccupied office to sort this mess out. (Of course the mapquest link on the site gives a different zip code if you click on the link... I would use the zip they gave, because I think they have their own zip code.)

Everything you wanted to know about

201 North Tryon Building

http://201ntryon.info/

If this small group on these boards have all been "short-changed" (I am being kind today), can you just imagine how many people who don't keep track of their points have been cheated out of certificates, and they will never know about it unless there is some sort of class action suit!

If this small group on these boards have all been "short-changed" (I am being kind today), can you just imagine how many people who don't keep track of their points have been cheated out of certificates, and they will never know about it unless there is some sort of class action suit!

The problem with a class action suit is that it would take years and in the end, we'd all get a crappy upgrade and the lawyers would make millions. I've never gotten anything worthwhile out of any of the class action suits I was party to. My last one with AMX, I got a check for $42 dollars, not even close to the amount they had overcharged me on several years' worth of foreign transactions.

:mad:I got my $100 upgrade certificate today. They said my point balance as of 12-31-08 was 24... Funny but my 12/17/08 statement said that my point balance was 1018... I probably did accumulate about 24 points worth from my 12/17 closing until 12/31. I checked BOA rewards online and on 1/10/09 my 1018 points were transfered to some other program???

I got mine today and I had 496 end of Dec. billing cycle and I don't know how much till the Dec. 31 but way over the 4 points I needed for 1-$500 cert, and all I got was a $100 useless upgrade.

I've been following this thread but honety thought mibne would work out as it was an easy one.

Want to double check, what do I do now? Call? what number and write a letter.

Thanks for any help.

Add me to the list of those that got no certs!

I haven't been on here in a while, but came straight away when I got my final Compass Rewards in the mail today. I was expecting 2 - $500 certs plus 2 or 3 useless upgrade certs. Wasn't I surprised when I opened the envelope and got 4 upgrade certs and no $500 certs! :eek: I called the customer line (I refuse to refer to it as service) immediately, and got the address that those of you on here have listed (Tryon St, not Tyron St). She said they had been getting these calls all day and she only had an address, no phone number. I guess I'll fire a letter off, for whatever good that will do!

Good grief!!