Millenium vs Valor

gsmith

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been on either of these ships. We will booking our 8th Spring Break cruise and these 2 ships and itineraries hold the greatest interest for us. We are 50 something adults and have sailed both lines previously, as well as HAL and Princess. We always find something to love about the ship and/or ports on every cruise and the only turn-off for us is boring entertainment or rude fellow passengers.

On this cruise we'll be bringing my 23 year old son and his new bride. As I'll be paying for 4 people, the price on the Valor is attractive. We've also never been to Belize. But... I've always wanted to sail on the Millie! My major concern, besides the cost, is the mixed reviews on Casa de Campo. I'd appreciate any advice!

We did a snorkel excursion through the ship in December. It seemed to be a brand new catamaran and after the snorkel took us through the yacht marina of Casa de Campo. It was unbelievable! Some friends did a beach and loved it.

We were also there a few years ago and went to Altos des Chavon. It was okay. I think more options appear each year.

Millennium is wonderful. I have not been on Valor, but think it might have a lot more kids over spring break than Millie.

We've been on the Valor (last summer with our four sons (21-25 year-olds) and a few of their friends) and my husband and I have been on Infinity (sister ship to Millennium). Our boys like Carnival because they like to party well into the night. We would choose Celebrity time and time again over Carnival, because we lean more towards aesthetically beautiful ships, finer service, better food, and a generally more refined atmosphere.

Thank you both for the info...it really helped us with our decision to go with the Millenium for our next cruise in March. The TA we worked with also was candid about Casa de Campo being a wonderful option for beach bums, but kind of a bust for those interested in a more typical cruise port. Sounds great to us! We loved Costa Maya for the relaxing beach day and the beautiful water. Both Casa and the stop at Labadee on the Mille seem to offer that. Can't wait till March! :)

Archived