Princess Current Liquor Policy

ho

Does anyone know the current liquor policy with Princess? You use to be able to purchase a bottle of Scotch, vodka, gin, etc from select bars to take back to your cabin. The cost was about normal retail but it saved you from lugging a bottle on with you. ( yes, I know your not suppose to do that) I also know you can not buy a bottle from the shop and take it back except for the last night. In March on the Dawn we were told Princess no longer allows you to purchase a bottle at the select bars. Instead you had to order those mini bottles with a package from room service. I now hear they are offering this service again. I thought I would check with the experts here on the board and see if anyone was aware of the current policy or had any recent experience. One way or the other I intend to be sipping my single malt on the balcony.

Thanks for your help.

Last I knew it was the mini-packages you are talking about. Don't know where you heard it had gone back to the original liter deal - but I sure wish they would!! I would be interested to hear too!

Obviously this is an oft-talked about topic, particularly the BYOB of liquor that is apparently officially forbidden. However, I'd like to hear from other CCs actual stories of confiscation. It seems that no one, save those who may be carrying a fifth of gin in one hand and a fifth of Jack in the`other at the gangway, tells stories of having Princess rifle through their luggage and confiscate a bottle of liquor tucked away in a suitcase or carryon. Stories out there? So far doesn't sound like there is much to worry about!

There are many of us who would like to know the answer to the OP's question--particularly if it is true. When Princess stopped selling the large bottles, many folks began to bring their own aboard. I would rather purchase it onboard than add it to my luggage. Price was good, and just that much less to carry in luggage.

When we were permitted to buy bottles on board (and I do hope that rumor that we can again is true) it was cheaper for me to buy it on board. We often bring a bottle of Bailey's with us now, and on other occasions have carried liquor on board during embarkation and at ports. I don't recall ever getting asked to turn anything over. Maybe once, at a port call.

There are many of us who would like to know the answer to the OP's question--particularly if it is true. When Princess stopped selling the large bottles, many folks began to bring their own aboard. I would rather purchase it onboard than add it to my luggage. Price was good, and just that much less to carry in luggage.

I visit these boards and post often but still haven't figured out what OP means.

Please do tell me. I fell so stupid not understanding the lingo. Thanks

I have not read or heard a word about Princess changing it's policy back to the liter bottles of liquor. In fact, it has just been in the last year that they have switched to the 375 ML bottles plus mixers that are all you can order.

What you see on the Princess gift section as to spirits, is all you are able to order from room service onboard now. No more picking up that special bottle from a bar onboard, room service only, or pre-ordered from the gift section at princess.com. The brands are now very limited, one type of rum, gin, etc. You can no longer order specific brands or sizes. For the price, you receive the 375 ML bottles plus mixers.

If the policy would have been changed back, this board would have been buzzing big time. And I know as of April, it was just as it has been the last year, smaller bottles plus mixers is all you can get.

thanks everyone, I was hoping it was like the horse racing gone for a little while and then back after Princess find a way to make a little more profit. I would pay a little more for the big bottles.

Archived