Weight watchers online

muffin

Hi AZ girl... we seem to be the only ones interested in keeping in touch...hope you are still out there! Today I am down 11 pounds, and I must say it has been remarkably painless. The flex points are great... even when you think you have blown a day, of course you haven't because you can just take it off the allowable extra!! Brilliant!!

Hope you days continue to be good ones... we cruise two weeks yesterday, and my plan is to be wise and make good choices. I really do not want to gain a bunch just to have to lose it again... am feeling very strong about it right now. I am learning that a very small amount of a sweet calorie laden food will often be enough...and I have given myself permission to be "wasteful" and leave the rest, or even throw it out if I fear it will sabotague? me later in the day.

Cheers, to everyone on your journeys....

I haven't had a weigh in for about 3 weeks so Monday may be a little scary!

Hi AZ girl... we seem to be the only ones interested in keeping in touch...hope you are still out there! Today I am down 11 pounds, and I must say it has been remarkably painless. The flex points are great... even when you think you have blown a day, of course you haven't because you can just take it off the allowable extra!! Brilliant!!

Hope you days continue to be good ones... we cruise two weeks yesterday, and my plan is to be wise and make good choices. I really do not want to gain a bunch just to have to lose it again... am feeling very strong about it right now. I am learning that a very small amount of a sweet calorie laden food will often be enough...and I have given myself permission to be "wasteful" and leave the rest, or even throw it out if I fear it will sabotague? me later in the day.

Cheers, to everyone on your journeys....

Muffin...where abouts on the Island are you from? I was born in Port Alberni!

Glad to know there are more online people out there, and of course all are welcome to join our small group with whatever they would like to add.

I live in Q B..small world isn't it?! The kootneys are wonderful too.. you have had it all!

Hope Monday is kind to you.... if not, just write it off to learning, and forge ahead. I know there will be rough patches ahead for me too probably, and I am trying to get into the right mind set to just roll with it. My long termgoal is very doable.. 45 more pounds in the next year will get me to a wonderful weight. Of course, I would like it sooner, but am not going to beat myself up about it. Howeve, neither do I plan to slack off because I have that long. We are going on a 5 week cruise next sept, and I want to be into great clothes by then!! I know I will not gain a lot on that cruise... funny, but when we take long ones, I am really very good about food. I guess it is that you simply cannot keep up the pace for five weeks!!! One weekers are far harder I find. I have already planned what I will eat on Friday when we board and for dinner that night, so then there are only 6 days of "danger" left!! It will be intersteing to see if I am as motivated as I think I am. My overall plan is to treat the week aboard as a kind of SPA week.... but without the $$$$ treatments. People pay huge dollars to have their meals catered to etc at a spa, so I figue I can pay some $ to self correct and make my own spa week. Chicken and Ceasar salad with dressing on the side for dinner a couple of nights. Steamed veggies instead of whatever is being served with the pork etc etc. I will use the gym some and of course the stairs too. Plan on walking the deck a few times each day, just breathing in that glorious fall Alaskan air, and when on land will try to keep moving. What do you think? Doable? I will report when we get back to let others know how my grandious plans worked, or didn't!!

Glad to know there are more online people out there, and of course all are welcome to join our small group with whatever they would like to add.

I live in Q B..small world isn't it?! The kootneys are wonderful too.. you have had it all!

Hope Monday is kind to you.... if not, just write it off to learning, and forge ahead. I know there will be rough patches ahead for me too probably, and I am trying to get into the right mind set to just roll with it. My long termgoal is very doable.. 45 more pounds in the next year will get me to a wonderful weight. Of course, I would like it sooner, but am not going to beat myself up about it. Howeve, neither do I plan to slack off because I have that long. We are going on a 5 week cruise next sept, and I want to be into great clothes by then!! I know I will not gain a lot on that cruise... funny, but when we take long ones, I am really very good about food. I guess it is that you simply cannot keep up the pace for five weeks!!! One weekers are far harder I find. I have already planned what I will eat on Friday when we board and for dinner that night, so then there are only 6 days of "danger" left!! It will be intersteing to see if I am as motivated as I think I am. My overall plan is to treat the week aboard as a kind of SPA week.... but without the $$$$ treatments. People pay huge dollars to have their meals catered to etc at a spa, so I figue I can pay some $ to self correct and make my own spa week. Chicken and Ceasar salad with dressing on the side for dinner a couple of nights. Steamed veggies instead of whatever is being served with the pork etc etc. I will use the gym some and of course the stairs too. Plan on walking the deck a few times each day, just breathing in that glorious fall Alaskan air, and when on land will try to keep moving. What do you think? Doable? I will report when we get back to let others know how my grandious plans worked, or didn't!!

How lucky are you!!! My next cruise is with my mom in Nov 08 for 14 days. That will be my longest one and mom's first ever. Where are you going for 5 glorious weeks?

BTW...When I was a child I used to spend my summers in Q.B. with relatives who lived there. They now live in Parksville.

Great job on the weight loss so far. Went to my meeting today knew I was going to have a gain, which I did. I am 7lbs away from goal so its getting harder and harder.

Thats a great tip about the veggie plate! I will definitely have to use that for my upcoming cruise.

I will start checking in here. I really love that we all talk about our journey and help eachother along.

I hope I can join in, found you all be accident or maybe not! I joined WW last night on line. Chose the option of the monthly pass so I can do on-line and the meetings. Marj you are an inspiration since I have well over 100 to loose. Could say it is baby weight but since the baby just left for college and my son is 22 I guess it is not really accurate. I can say this is the first time I am trying to loose weight for me and not for a cruise or up coming occassion. We celebrate our 25th anniversary on 9/4 and are renewing our vows on 9/2. We have a cruise sheduled for 9/17 so it is all to soon to make a difference. So this time is for me.

Maybe I will reward meself and book another! lol Hubby would say any excuse to cruise.

Love the veggie idea. I don't have to much trouble cruising since we are so ative and we end up walking the ship all day. Truthfully the buffets overwhelm me with all the choices so we stay to the dinning room most of the time so it is better portion controled.

I go to my first meeting Monday so we will see how far off the home scale is. My biggest problem is the water.

burnsie

Hi everyone! I was out of town for a couple of days last week for a conference. Didn't do so well....:( Then to top it off I got food poisoning on the way home and spent a very unpleasant night in a hotel room by myself in the middle of Nowhere, CA! You would have thought that I would have lost weight? NO - I gained. So, it's back to the routine for me. That is always the hardest part.:rolleyes:

Burnsie - Welcome! I have over 100 left to lose, also. So we have to be in it for the long haul, not the weekly ups and downs. I'll check in here regularly. Be sure to check in, too. OK?

Muffin - 11 pounds!!!! Great job!!!!:D I like your attitude about the spa treatment. I think you'll deserve a massage as a reward if you keep focused on that goal on your cruise! You must be excited about leaving in two weeks. Where are you going? What ship? And a 5 week cruise - WOW! Tell us everything.......:cool:

Mrvlgirl - we'll get back on track together, ok?:rolleyes:

Everyone has great ideas & encouragement. Keep it coming!:)

Hello ladies! I joined WW in 2000, met my goal and made lifetime. Slowly I have gained 27 pounds back and have rejoined WW online. I am thrilled to see this thread! I have two GF that are also losing weight, each of us has a different approach but are supporting one another. WW worked well for me last time, so here I go....... I will check in as often as possible for support, and if I have any tricks that work for me I will share. My motivation to get my weight down is my younger sister. She had a major stroke last year at age 44 and I realize that if I am not doing all I can to take care of myself it really adds insult to her injury and could shorten my life. Her recovery has been miraculous, but she still has no use of her left arm. I am taking her on a cruise next year; a promise I made to her the day she almost died. She heard me even in her coma, remembered what I promised, and even told me where she wanted to go (in writing!) before she came off the ventilator!

Does everyone have a common day they weigh in or check in here?

I'm so happy to hear that your sister is doing better! That is a great story.

I have been in a slump this week, but am getting back on target. I had a medical procedure done this morning and am still a bit groggy. So far, at 5PM I have eaten a total of 4 points today, but that is because I was under anesthesia this morning and just woke up. I will be back to my regular ponts tomorrow. You know, I do feel better all around when I am doing what Ineed to be doing on WW.:cool:

Noone has been checking in on any particular day. I think we are just popping in whenever we feel like it. I hope everyone keeps going. I love to hear how others are doing. It keeps me motivated, too!:D

What cruie are you going on & when, BTW?

Hi Ginny. Thanks for the welcome! I hope you are feeling better since your procedure!

We are doing a friends and family cruise on the Glory next March; our youngest sons last spring break! The one i am taking my sister on is in April on the Legend.

Hello all, Just took a look at the board, and delighted to welcome some more!. Hi gail, and AZ girl, hope you are back to full throttle very soon. You could pick a less drastic way to have "light" day of eating! Loved the nurses remark to your hubbie... A woman after my own heart!

Our five weeker is NEXT sept.. 36 days from Vancouver, down the coast hitting several mexican and cosa rican spots, through the panama, hit a couple of carribbean stops enroute.. around the top of South America to the amazon, up it 500 miles, back down it, a few other stops in the carribbean en route to the end in tampa. HAL Veendam. We are gong with another couple who we travel very easily with, and are REALLY looking forward to it all.

I got off to a rocky start this week... i weight in on Saturdays in my ensuite bathroom..but did not eat more that my flex points, and have been back on the straight and narrow since my saturday and sunday of reckless eating. I must admit I did not enjoy the food as much as I thought i would... slowly learning to really choose my treats with maximum satisfaction in mind. Having some PB every day 1 T, does my fix for my only real craving... PB calls my name from 500 meters if I don't have just a little !!!

I'll be back, good or bad, on Saturday..... Cheers,

I seem to be up and operational once again! I did lose 2 pounds after my little procedure - wonder if it will stay off? It seems that when it happens that way it's mostly water weight and comes right back on.:( There should be some reward for going through some of those procedures.....;)

Muffin - Your 5 week cruise sounds delightful. I'm insanely jealous and I hope we keep chatting so you can tell me every detail!

I like your peanut butter idea. I have found that having a measured portion of the foods I desire the most satisfy my cravings, too. For me it's my daily Weight Watcher's ice cream bar - I love the chocolate cookie & cream bar (2 points) and an occasional stop at KFC for a fried chicken breast!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Toodles!:)

Congratulations, you are off and running!!! I lost at least 1 this week so am pleased...on my spring scale it is really very hard to get a feeling for partial pounds. However, the drift is surely downwards and that keeps me motivated. So at the 7 week point I am down 12 total. Why didn't I do this ages ago??!! I am coming up on a significant number... one i see as a barrier, and for some silly reason have been unable to break in my last several tries... go figure. May make it there this month... up, up and over!!! OMG, i mean down, down and under!!!

Leave on Sept 7 for a quick crusie to Alaska... RCI Radiance of the Seas. First time on RCI and are looking forward to it. Alaska is not a new place for us, but we love it for its ever changing panoramas. I have a plan.... will see if I can keep to it, but am confident I will not go super silly. After the crusie we are not coming straight home, but will visit our DD and SIL for a few days, so I will not be able to weight in for 10 or 11 days after next Friday...a day early, but I want to have my "new number " recorded before I leave!!

Hope you all have great weeks, both with WW and in your lives generlly. remember, It is only food... all it can really do is fuel our bodies for other enjoyable activities....so choose high octane "good for you" stuff and benefit in every way. ( that little gem is for me too...I can never tell myself that often enough!)

Bye for now...

May make it there this month... up, up and over!!! OMG, i mean down, down and under!!!

:D :D :D

Leave on Sept 7 for a quick crusie to Alaska... RCI Radiance of the Seas. First time on RCI and are looking forward to it.

I think that you will love the Radiance of the Seas. DH and I were just talking about that class of ship this morning - all the glass and the views to outside are everywhere....Beautiful! We sailed on her sister ship, the Jewel of the Seas last year. So far it is our favorite ship. Just the right size, too. Not too big and not too small. A perfect choice for Alaska.:)

Have a great time. Bon Voyage!

Great job everybody! I'm new to the site and I just wanted to give my two cents on WW Online and say how grateful I am for the online program. I have lost 55 pounds in the last 8 months just by following their online guide and logging my points everyday. I seem to have plateaued now, but I also think I need to step up my regimen. Good luck to everyone else, can't wait for my cruise this month!

Great job everybody! I'm new to the site and I just wanted to give my two cents on WW Online and say how grateful I am for the online program. I have lost 55 pounds in the last 8 months just by following their online guide and logging my points everyday. I seem to have plateaued now, but I also think I need to step up my regimen. Good luck to everyone else, can't wait for my cruise this month!

Hi! Welcome to the thread! It sounds as if you have had a wonderful 8 months. I have been at it about the same amount of time. I am struggling now, but refuse to give in as I have in the past. Since it is a lifestyle I just need to start up my old habits, as you said. Tracking and cooking my own meals (vs. going out so much) are key to me.

Have a great week, everyone. Toodles!:)

Hi, everyone! I joined WW online on July 30 and am down approx 7 pounds. I loved the meetings but, as soon as I couldn't go, I became irresponsible again. With online, I am on all day long (I work from home). The key for me was to get involved with one of the message boards - I feel accountable to those people now! I chose the Work@ Home board because that is the hardest part of the weight loss journey for me.

Only downside is that it takes away from my CC time. :(

I am working towards a smaller size for my cruise in February and then for DS's Bar Mitzvah in May. Both are providing me with great motivation!

Good luck to everyone!

hi all, just thought I would share my experience.

I was thinking about joining ww online, but after seeing the cost to do it I chose another alternative. I purchased the weight watchers membership kit, including the points calculator, on ebay for 40 bucks. I’m happy to say that I’ve lost 35 pounds in 3 months and am well on my way to my goal of losing 100. Good luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...good to see some more people joining us.. welcome!! We just got back from our cruise, and I do not know the scale results yet. I am back on points and will weight in on my usual saturday. I did REALLY well for the first half of the week, then relaxed a bit and had a few cookies and a dessert here or there.... even had a tiny bowl of ice cream. All in all I kept pretty well to plan, and do not expect to pay too high a price on Saturday. It was really easy for breakfast and lunch... dinner was a bit more of a challenge with so many appies which are so wonderful! I kept to diet coke for drinks..one a day and the rest was good old wateror coffee or tea.. i did not feel the least bit left out, and knew I wanted the scale results more than the food. Did a fair bit of walking and used the stairs if we were not going up too far, and always for the down part!

Loved the ship and the itinerary, and the folks we met, and the activities, and the entertainment, and yes, the food too! great cruise.

talk again... good week to you all.:)

I'm glad you had a great cruise! We were on the Jewel last year (a sister ship of the Radiance) and loved it! It is our favorite cclass of ship so far.:)

It sounds like you did well on your plan. Even if the scales don't show a loss, or even a gain, it's ok. Just getting back on plan is such a victory! Yeah for you!!!!:D :D :D

I've been struggling a bit lately. I know that's part of life and refuse to beat myself up - back to tracking today.:cool:

Toodles!:)

Gotta be accountable, and tell you the news today was not great. Even after being back on full track since tuesday I am up a pound. I am okay with it, but find myself shaking my head.. that means I was up two when I got back, and I really do not feel I ate all those extra calories when you factor in 7000 for two pounds PLUS enough to get me up to non-losing status as well. However, I guess I did, and find that I am SOOOO thankful I did not gain more by just "going cruising" in my mind too for the whole time. To add insult to injury My DH gained 3 pounds, and he ate like a pig!!! At least he understand why there are times I hate him!!

Back on track and enjoyed the trip immensely anyway!! Hope you all have great weeks.

Archived