The Best of 'I Work in Port Canaveral'

jantra

• 1 month later...

I'll be cruising in 3 weeks (YEAH!) out of Port Canaveral and just wanted to say how helpful this thread & the long version of "I work in Port Canaveral" were to my planning. There is some great info on here.

I'll be sure to report back on my stay at the Radisson, and use of Arts Shuttle & Transcour Limos.

• 1 month later...

Since there are so many questions about Port Canaveral, just thought I would bring this thread up since it answers so many questions and also I wanted to mention that if you are in need of a shuttle service while here, Cocoa Beach Shuttle has offered a 10% discount but YOU MUST SAY YOU ARE FROM THIS BOARD. There a number of places that will give you a discount if you mention this board such as Funntasia Mini Golf on North Atlantic, Dairy Queen in Cocoa Beach, Pita Gardens in CB will give you a small dessert. I am going to go through my list and post them so that you can have them handy. Every little bit of savings helps.

Always

Shirley

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for 'bumping' this thread and for all the great info!!

I'm just starting to think about what to do before our Nov. cruise.

We're thinking of staying at/near Universal for 3 days precruise....

Does anyone know if Arts Shuttle or any of the others will pick us up at our Universal hotel and take us to Port Canaveral?

A great thread! Thanks!!!

This thread has invaluable advice, I just booked our cruise and now I am looking for all the info to book air, hotel, and transpo and ...taa-daa! Here it is. So the question is car vs. shuttle??

Depends on the number of people and if you are coming in early. I am a fan of the car so you can drive around.

Thanks for 'bumping' this thread and for all the great info!!

I'm just starting to think about what to do before our Nov. cruise.

We're thinking of staying at/near Universal for 3 days precruise....

Does anyone know if Arts Shuttle or any of the others will pick us up at our Universal hotel and take us to Port Canaveral?

A great thread! Thanks!!!

If you tell them Space Coast Shuttle that you are from the CC board, you will receive 10% which is a nice savings.

Always

Shirley

Has anyone had experience using Dollar in Cape Canaveral? I'm looking to rent a large SUV (6 adults with week's luggage each) - don't think a mini van will cut it. I've plugged in every discount code I found for every rental company and can get Dollar for less than half of Avis.

My main criteria is that the rental company be in-terminal at MCO and Dollar, Avis, Budget fit the bill. I'm just not sure if they are good at the CCl end with shuttles to/from the port.

Has anyone had experience using Dollar in Cape Canaveral? I'm looking to rent a large SUV (6 adults with week's luggage each) - don't think a mini van will cut it. I've plugged in every discount code I found for every rental company and can get Dollar for less than half of Avis.

My main criteria is that the rental company be in-terminal at MCO and Dollar, Avis, Budget fit the bill. I'm just not sure if they are good at the CCl end with shuttles to/from the port.

DOLLAR has NO location in CC or anywhere nearby. Choices are Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis Enterprise with shuttles and National no shuttle, sorry.

DOLLAR has NO location in CC or anywhere nearby. Choices are Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis Enterprise with shuttles and National no shuttle, sorry.

Dollar has the location below listed on their website. Anyone know if it is new or what the deal is?

Cape Canaveral Florida (MLBC01) 6799 N ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL

I'll add to the car rental question. I am looking for a car rental at MCO ....AND.... with a car drop off location for Sunday morning that is really near the Raddison hotel on Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral. (Drop off car and walk back to hotel .. to get the hotel shuttle to the port.

I did read somewhere that one of the car drop off was at or near the hotel. Thanks for any help. Jan

Dollar has the location below listed on their website. Anyone know if it is new or what the deal is?

Cape Canaveral Florida (MLBC01) 6799 N ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL

That is the address for Thrifty and has been as long as I can remember. There phone number is 321-783-2600 if you want to call them. There are no sighn of Dollar. Maybe they have some agreement. If you find anything different please let me know.

I'll add to the car rental question. I am looking for a car rental at MCO ....AND.... with a car drop off location for Sunday morning that is really near the Raddison hotel on Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral. (Drop off car and walk back to hotel .. to get the hotel shuttle to the port.

I did read somewhere that one of the car drop off was at or near the hotel. Thanks for any help. Jan

aLL ARE CLOSE AND WILL TAKE YOU TO THE SHIP OR BACK TO THE HOTEL BUT bUDGET OR hERTZ ARE THE CLOSEST.

That is the address for Thrifty and has been as long as I can remember. There phone number is 321-783-2600 if you want to call them. There are no sighn of Dollar. Maybe they have some agreement. If you find anything different please let me know.

I called and was told that they were in the process of becomming Dollar/Thrify but not yet.

Archived