Addicted to Ross!! who else a favorite store where you buy almost everything??

I hate Ross!! Ours is like shopping at a garage sale! I once was looking thru all the crap in there and came across a pair of levi jeans for like $12 but the tag said "slightly used". What?:eek: I have never been back. Now my sister goes to the one near her a few towns over and she has good luck. Go figure. I seem to get most of my stuff at Cato's and JCPenneys. I have am going to Steinmart for my next cruise.:)

Almost all of my clothes come from Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft. Love their classic looks, how the colors are often the same season to season so you can buy a new sweater to go with a skirt you bought last year, and their great sales. I think I paid full price for something once. I'm in there so much, the ladies asked if I wanted a job there LOL!

I, too, like Ross as well as Kohl's, Burlington Coat Factory, SteinMart.......for bargain shopping.

As far as Ross, I do believe product selection can vary greatly from store to store. And I think you have your best luck in the middle of the week and definitely don't go on a Monday:eek: I was told by Ross employees in the past that they have no set days/times to receive inventory.

I've only been in one Ross store here, and it was pretty much a yard sale. It's possible there are bargains to be had, but I can't stand mucking thru stores that are that messy and cluttered. Same with Burlington - we have two here, and the last time I went in one, I was so disgusted I swore I'd never go back...and my son felt the samy way. I have been able to find a few things in TJ MAx...but it's a rare event that I go in there. I used to love Stein Mart and spent a fortune there, but lately I never seem to find anything I like. Surprisingly I have found causal items at Target...this dress I ordered from Target.com, and I could not believe how well made it was. Kohls these days is mostly for my son - I get tons of things there for him.

But for most things, I love Banana Republic (try to get things on sale, but they go so fast it's hard!) H&M, Nordstroms, American Eagle for jeans/shorts/tops, J. Crew, Ann Taylor once in a while...I guess there is no "one" store for me...but we have a good variety here so I have plenty to choose from!!! :)

dress.jpg.894448bcbcd2f7e4cb2d3b7498966ec0.jpg

I too love Ross - the ones in Waikiki are my favourite. I can always find far too much there. These stores are clean and organized, unlike some that I have visited in the US. Sadly we don't have Ross stores in Canada, so I often visit Winners - the Canadian arm of TJ Maxx. This is usually my first stop when looking for something new to wear.

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who loves a bargain, but not from these messy stores!

Actually, we have a TJ Maxx almost close enough to walk to from my house and they do sometimes have some great name-brand handbags and luggage at deeply discounted prices. I don't even bother looking at the clothing, it's such a mess over there. Shoes, I glance at, but I almost never can find shoes that fit me on sale....anywhere.

Interesting to read that some Big Lots have clothes in them, I've never seen any. We go there occasionally to look for art supplies for the classroom. Even then, you have to be so careful, I've seen the same things I thought I got a good buy on at Big Lots for less at the local drug store! Just because a store says it is a discount house doesn't mean they have the lowest prices!

I've been to Kohls, a lot cleaner and more organized and not left overs from last year. I have a hard time buying anything when there are racks with 100 items of the same stuff, I can't stand wearing cheap trendy clothes. I've bought some basic colored shorts and work pants there, not much else. Steinmart sometimes has some good buys, I recently got a Hot Cotton outfit there for a bit less than I would have paid at Macys, depending on their sale days.

My favorite store has to be Nordstrom, I haunt their sales racks. Not everything in the store is high priced and you can sometimes find high quality clothing for a good price. I was there yesterday for the opening day of their Anniversary sale, my daughter and I both picked up a couple of items.

I like Ross too although I have to feel well when I go in there as I have to shift through the junk to find the gems. I like Marshalls very well. I also like Kohl's, Dillards and Macys. I will buy some from JC Penney also from time to time.

Fortunately the Ross store near me is a good one. I usually arrive at opening time, and have the best luck. Sundays and Saturday afternoons are the worst. But I think a lot of it has to do with the customers. I see many of the workers walking around putting back clothes that people just throw anywhere. You find shoes in the luggage department, or lingerie near shoes. Its ridiculous. There are many times that I put items back that I decide not to buy, but I try to at least put them back in the appropriate area if not the exact location. If I put back a skirt, its not going on the bra rack, its going at least on the dress rack. People knock clothing on the floor, but keep walking:eek:

The sames goes for the supermarkets.

The condition of the store has a lot do with the messy customers,(which I kindly mentioned to the store supervisor, and he agreed) which sometimes can be a big turnoff, and thats why I never go in the afternoon.

I too love Ross - the ones in Waikiki are my favourite. I can always find far too much there. These stores are clean and organized, unlike some that I have visited in the US. Sadly we don't have Ross stores in Canada, so I often visit Winners - the Canadian arm of TJ Maxx. This is usually my first stop when looking for something new to wear.

Sue, Dawn wants you to email her. She has lost your e-mail address.

Fortunately the Ross store near me is a good one. I usually arrive at opening time, and have the best luck. Sundays and Saturday afternoons are the worst. /B]

Yep you are right-if I go to ross it is Monday through thurday before 2 pm.

I shop NO WHERE on as Sat-as it is murder anywhere around here-even Macy's is horrible then. but Ross is by far the messiest-that is why I have to feel well to attempt that store.

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who loves a bargain, but not from these messy stores!

Actually, we have a TJ Maxx almost close enough to walk to from my house and they do sometimes have some great name-brand handbags and luggage at deeply discounted prices. I don't even bother looking at the clothing, it's such a mess over there. Shoes, I glance at, but I almost never can find shoes that fit me on sale....anywhere.

Interesting to read that some Big Lots have clothes in them, I've never seen any. We go there occasionally to look for art supplies for the classroom. Even then, you have to be so careful, I've seen the same things I thought I got a good buy on at Big Lots for less at the local drug store! Just because a store says it is a discount house doesn't mean they have the lowest prices!

I've been to Kohls, a lot cleaner and more organized and not left overs from last year. I have a hard time buying anything when there are racks with 100 items of the same stuff, I can't stand wearing cheap trendy clothes. I've bought some basic colored shorts and work pants there, not much else. Steinmart sometimes has some good buys, I recently got a Hot Cotton outfit there for a bit less than I would have paid at Macys, depending on their sale days.

My favorite store has to be Nordstrom, I haunt their sales racks. Not everything in the store is high priced and you can sometimes find high quality clothing for a good price. I was there yesterday for the opening day of their Anniversary sale, my daughter and I both picked up a couple of items.

I'm so with you. I won't even look at clothing at TJ Maxx/Marshalls anymore. Even Nordstrom Rack I find can be junky. I'm with you on wearing cheap trendy stuff. Kohl's came in handy for me this past week though. I generally don't wear shorts (I'm a skirt and dress type woman), but I need some for an upcoming trip. I bought 4 pair of shorts for $15 each, and a cute pair of tennis shoes for $36. They're also great for housewares - love their Laura Ashley towels. They have some really cute photo albums too. I go buy one after every cruise for my cruise photos! I've also decorated my condo and office rather cheaply at Kohl's. Love their flip flops too!

I am addicted to Ross!! I went shopping there today looking for new bras and the prices just can't be beat! I also found a nice pair of brown casual pants (Its really hard to find brown anything) along some other items. I just love that store! Most of the clothing I have purchased for our cruise in May has been from Ross. But you have to get to Ross early when the doors open, otherwise you are drowning in a sea of people the later it gets!

Do you any of you have a favorite store you shop in for almost everything??

P.S. 2nd on my list of favorite stores is Walmart then Target! I purchase more dressier clothes if needed from Dress Barn.

I've never heard of Ross. Who or what are they?

I buy most of my cocktail dresses from Nordstrom's or Macy's and my casual clothes at Coldwater Creek. I guess those are my favorites. I have gotten some nice bargains at Penney's on line recently. I always stay away from outlets, I've never done very well in an outlet store.

I've never heard of Ross. Who or what are they?

Ross is like an outlet store thats sells marked down prices on their merchandise ie; clothing, household items, shoes, accessories etc. Its similar to a Marshalls or TJMaxx.

There prices are extremely good, but the downside can be the mess that people make when they are shopping. I rarely go into a Ross in the afternoons, its horrific. 95% of the time I shop there in the morning (I am usually there when the store opens) and I love it.

The store is not for everyone, and after many visits, I have mastered the art of shopping there, and so far I have been very lucky!

We have a Ross and TJ Max xright next to each other. I visit them regularly. Maxx is a little cleaner. I really like going to Talbot's outlet when I visit my daughter in Lexington. I usually find some real good deals there.

Ross is like an outlet store thats sells marked down prices on their merchandise ie; clothing, household items, shoes, accessories etc. Its similar to a Marshalls or TJMaxx.

There prices are extremely good, but the downside can be the mess that people make when they are shopping. I rarely go into a Ross in the afternoons, its horrific. 95% of the time I shop there in the morning (I am usually there when the store opens) and I love it.

The store is not for everyone, and after many visits, I have mastered the art of shopping there, and so far I have been very lucky!

Thank you.

I guess it's like our Gabriel's. They get real messy too. People lined up on delivery day. I have never had good luck with them. It seems I only find irregulars and damaged stuff there. My SIL is a regular at Gabriel's so if and when we get a Ross near us, I'm she'll shop there too.

It also depends on where the store is-I know the Austell, GA store is much messier then the Douglasville, GA store-same goes for Marshalls-Marshalls in Douglasville is always neat-(though as I said I do not shop on weekends ever- anymore-a sI hate the crowds and the mess) I guess they have better employees or a more conscieous manager.

Not that I shop in Austell much-my diabetes Dr. is over there. Often they get behind on appointments-they have me call a half hour before the appointment-when behind they say come later and because of traffic it takes more then 30 minutes for me to drive to Austell-even though is less then 20 miles from my home-I call once I get there to check and see if they can take me-if they say come later I shop there.

I agree. I won't shop in a pigpen! Won't even walk in.

Amazingly enough, the luggage and handbag department isn't so bad :)

It's right to the left hand side upon entering the store and I think the lady who takes care of the department (I've seen the sam on several times) really cares what her department looks like. They do carry some fairly high end labels at a fraction of the cost of department stores, but we're talking $500 bags for $175-250, not cheapo bags. (not that a $500 handbag is high priced anymore :rolleyes: )

I have too much luggage, an addiction of mine. But, if I were to buy any, I would first check them out. They have odd colored pieces that don't always sell well including Tumi, Victorinox and a few others, not just cheapo luggage. Odd colored luggage does not bother me in the least, it's easier to find!

It's right to the left hand side upon entering the store and I think the lady who takes care of the department (I've seen the sam on several times) really cares what her department looks like. They do carry some fairly high end labels at a fraction of the cost of department stores, but we're talking $500 bags for $175-250, not cheapo bags. (not that a $500 handbag is high priced anymore :rolleyes: )

I have too much luggage, an addiction of mine. But, if I were to buy any, I would first check them out. They have odd colored pieces that don't always sell well including Tumi, Victorinox and a few others, not just cheapo luggage. Odd colored luggage does not bother me in the least, it's easier to find!

Same here,

In our local Ross Store, the luggage and handbag section is always neat and well as the household items. Even the Mens section is pretty neat, but the Ladies side of the store, good grief:eek: . Thats why I never go after 11am. I am there when the doors open and out before the PM crowds rush in. I love in the early AM!

I guess it's like our Gabriel's. They get real messy too. People lined up on delivery day. I have never had good luck with them. It seems I only find irregulars and damaged stuff there. My SIL is a regular at Gabriel's so if and when we get a Ross near us, I'm she'll shop there too.

Yeah, it's like Gabriel's - my MIL took me there once in PA.

I can't shop at our two local Ross's - the one in the Valley is slightly better than the Northside, but both are extremely disorganized and messy. TJMaxx is tons better, though opposite - the Northside store is better than the Valley.

I've bought a few things from Ross...it's okay. Bealls is my store of choice. More than once I've gone to work wearing an entire Beall's outfit - lingerie, shirt, capris, watch, jewelry, and shoes or sandals. I don't do it on purpose, so to speak, it's just that they have the types of things I like, and at decent prices - especially when they have sale days !!

I guess it's easy to keep those dept's neat.

I agree, the price of handbags is through the roof. I saw a Dior bag at the Dior store the other day at half price for $620. and almost grabbed it because the price was so good. But the truth is, I don't that partular size, so I passed. That's a lot of money, but resaonable for a good handbag! <sigh> If I ever see a Ross, I'll check out their department.

My Mother got some Tumi luggage at a steal of a price last year at the Neiman Marcus Outlet (Last Call). It was an odd color (green or orange, can't remember), but those are her favorite colors, so she was thrilled!

I cant stand our local Ross stores...and would rather shop our TJMaxx or Marshall's.

And, I agree with all of you who won't shop if the store is a giant mess (for the same reason, I refuse to shop at our local Old Navy when my girls want to go in there. Big junk pile of cheap, poorly made stuff :( ).

If the store is a giant jumble or junk pile--I just go out.

There are some days that I don't mind doing some fun digging (like at a 'Tuesday Morning'), but that is mostly for fun house decorations or fine linens.

I guess this is why I shop Nordstrom so often. It's always so neat and organized--and that makes it easy to look and manuever. :) The Nordstrom Rack stores can be as frustrating as our local Ross stores. I usually won't shop there either.

We have a Neiman Marcus 'Last Call' and "Off Saks" nearby. I find some great shoe bargains there! :D I found a great pair of Christian Louboutin espradilles at 'Last Call'.:D

Archived