Types Of Birth Certificates

tlawson24

Here In Sc We Have Two Types Of Birth Certificates Short Form Or Birth Card And Long Form Which Would Be The Certified Copy Are Either Of These Accepteble Forms Of Identification? The Short Form Is Certified And Contains Name Dop And City And County Just Not Parents Names Any Help Would Be Appreciated Thanks

As long as they are both certified (ask if either has a raised seal) then you should be fine... I know i received both kinds about 10 years ago (not that I could tell you where either is! LOL! Thank goodness for a passport!!!!).... as long as they are certified and have a seal, you are good!

tlawson24 - i know exactly what you are talking about. i am from sc as well - i have the short form which is the size of a large business card and my husband has the long form which goes into where his parents are from, their ages, etc. his copy is certified with a raised seal. we just got off of the sensation in june and both of us were fine. hope this helps!

Certified copies do not have to have a raised seal by my experience. Many counties now use a stamp with an original signature certifying the certificate. This is what we had a couple of weeks ago on the Conquest and had no problem.

I called Carnival before the cruise about the raised seal issue and they said stamps are fine as long as it is the original certified copy as they understand that in current times not many counties still use the raised seal and have switched to stamps.

Archived