Getting to the Millenium, Venice

rannoch

We start our cruise on the Millenium in Venice.

Our route to Venice is Glasgow > Amsterdam > Venice, and although I've been assured that we have enough time to get from the Glasgow arrival gate to the Venice departure gate in Amsterdam I'm not convinced given the security delays.

We have 45 minutes between flights, and I've been told because KLM have arranged the flights that if we are delayed they (KLM) will ensure we get to our destination.

So, a number of questons;

Is 45 minutes enough time to get from arrival gate to departure gate.

What happens to out luggage if we are delayed.

Does anyone know the arrival gate from Glasgow and the departure gate for Venice - I could then get an idea of distance from the airport map

Is KLM responsibe for getting us to our destination

Has anyone experienced this connection.

I know this sounds like "doom and gloom", but I'd rather be prepared if possible.

Many Thanks

Rannoch

You may also want to post this on the Cruise Air board as there are quite a few folks who post regularly to that board who know lots about various airports around the world.

I hope that you are not flying in the day of the cruise but are going in ahead of time.

Keith

If you are flying in the same day- there is always a chance that your luggage won't get there on time. I would not plan to cruise on the same day as my flight. That is just my opinion.

I have read too many stories about lost luggage on this site.

We start our cruise on the Millenium in Venice.

Our route to Venice is Glasgow > Amsterdam > Venice, and although I've been assured that we have enough time to get from the Glasgow arrival gate to the Venice departure gate in Amsterdam I'm not convinced given the security delays.

We have 45 minutes between flights, and I've been told because KLM have arranged the flights that if we are delayed they (KLM) will ensure we get to our destination.

So, a number of questons;

Is 45 minutes enough time to get from arrival gate to departure gate.

What happens to out luggage if we are delayed.

Does anyone know the arrival gate from Glasgow and the departure gate for Venice - I could then get an idea of distance from the airport map

Is KLM responsibe for getting us to our destination

Has anyone experienced this connection.

I know this sounds like "doom and gloom", but I'd rather be prepared if possible.

Many Thanks

Rannoch

Hi Rannoch, we are assuming you are like us and having to make a connecting flight from Scotland every time .... we were once offered a connecting flight ( through cruise air ) to change aircraft in Charles de Gaulle(CDG) in 20 mins which Air France claimed was a viable connection..maybe with speed skates for us, but certainly not for the luggage ...so we declined that .The cruiseline were not that keen to offer any alternative as they want to get the cheapest flights they can, but since the booking depended on them giving us what we considered a viable connection time they either changed it or the booking with them would be lost.....even if they say you will be given the flight times AFTER you make the booking...I refuse to accept that as you are purchasing a complete package and should be told exactly what you are buying from them. You should ask your booking TA or cruiseline more specifically if you have worries about this connection time in Amsterdam...and as another poster suggested ask "Globaliser" on the Cruise air section..he has given me excellent information every time we have needed air problems solved...you can take it he knows what can or can't be done.

Archived