Quadruple dipping... woo hoo!

Those of you who read me regularily know I am a "frugal cruser". As frugal as anyone who cruises 5 times in 8 months can be anyway. We book based on rate and season and dont' splurge much as we want to come back again as soon as we can and count the days on board as our goal,not the cabin we are in while there.

So... we know alll the tricks when it comes to bang-for-buck.

Today we set a new record.. not single or double or even triple dipping for our b2b but Quadruple dipping!!

First dip.... on board booking credit for booking an outside $200 7 day cruise.

Second dip.... "group" space thru an unnamed TA $200

Third dip.... referral credits $100 for using our "share the wealth coupons" with some previous and Non-previous Princess sailors.

Fourth dip... we wrote a letter to Princess in regards to the infamous 5/22 Diamond sailing we were on. Because we missed ports etc. we got a $500 credit that we thought was fair but so many other pax did not that it made getting to the pursers desk impossible and her personalizer listed but none the less neglected birthday could not be re-glected(?) before it was too late.

Princess replied to my pleasent letter with a "too bad" letter So she sent her "I didn't get my friggin cake" letter. Which netted a toadying and abject apology letter and $300 more in credits for the b2b. Moral, missing ports is covered under contract, missing a womans 50th is an act of war.

So the tally goes like this.... we have 2 weeks on Diamond, B2B, we booked at the lowest point in rates for an inside, self upgraded to an outside when those prices dipped, paid $2200 for both weeks for 2 people and have $800 in credits making for a net cost of $1400 for 28 person-days at sea. $50 per diem on a premium ship and still have the possiblitiy of an upgrade as we are in a cat "F" guarantee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived