Taha'a excursions

Degas

Bruno - highly touted ?

It was a decent time but his personality was a bore and he seemed more concerned with collecting money than anything else. Maybe if I had done his tour before Marc on Huahine I would have liked it more.

Take out the great drift snorkel at a most awesome location and its not worth the money.

Just my opinion (and the 6 others that were on our tour)

Larry

Unfortunately Bruno does not offer a 1/2 day tour to Taha'a

BOOOO for me !!!

Any other suggestions ?????

Bruno "full day" tour. Twice the fun.

Bruno only does the 1/2 day tour when the TP is running the Marquesa's itinerary. It's a full day with the Cook's

Yes Bruno e-mailed me with his tour and his prices.

Do you think $170.00 USpp for 1/2 day is a little steep??????

Something about having to come a long way to accomodate us in Taha'a.

Yes Bruno e-mailed me with his tour and his prices.

Do you think $170.00 USpp for 1/2 day is a little steep??????

Something about having to come a long way to accomodate us in Taha'a.

It is a bit steep, but so is Princesses' drift snorkle. It seems all the tours are pretty pricey in that part of the world. You just have to decide if you want to pay for the security of having a pre-booked tour or if you want to take the gamble of waiting til you get to the dock. What I can't understand is why Bruno quotes a different price to every person that he emails (it seems)? He emailed me today saying that the half day was $90 US pp? :confused:

We went on Bruno's tour last August when we were on the TP and loved it.......

But IMO it would never be worth $170 for a half day tour, we paid $100 pp for the full day tour! Take the TP drift snorkel half day tour or book something from the dock :cool:

Thanks for the advice....I will book something from the dock or go snorkelling by myself at the Motu the PG has arranged for us.

Even though my fellow CCers rave about him, sounds like Bruno has a sliding $$$ scale....doesn;t sound too reputable to me !!!! I wonder what you have to say or what questions do you have to ask to get the cheaper tour price???????:mad:

No... he quoted me $170.00 per person US for the 1/2 day tour of Taha'a !!!!

I understand that things are expensive in FP but I will not let myself be gouged. How can I justify paying $170 pp when he has quoted different prices to people wanting the same tour????? NO WAY !!!!!

We are on the 8/12/07 cruise and we are scheduled with Bruno for a full day tour at $100 each person. After reading many posts from other CC people, that seemed like the going rate for the full day excursion. Not sure what's going on with different prices either.

I do think that it is ridiculous that the whole day tour is only $10 more than the half day, but it is still cheaper than the Princess snorkle. And it is a little longer, so I went ahead and booked it. I'll probably only be in FP once, so........

However, I definately wouldn't pay $170pp!!! Not even for a full day tour!! :eek:

We just went on Bruno's tour, and he collected a prepaid (Paypal) deposit of $20 ea, and then $90 ea at the dock. (Total: $110) He was very nice, showed us a lot, including a puffer fish all blown up, and a rock fish at the fish park, drift snorkle, vanilla plantation, pearl farm (which had excellent quality pearls) the food on the motu was deeeelicious and plentiful(!!!) and he was well worth the money for the all day excursion.

There must be a different portfor the PG than the TP and that must be the diffence in the cost. But as I said before I wouldn't pay $170 for the tour, that's too expensive. :eek: Don't get me wrong, we LOVED our excursion with Bruno, he is very professional and informative and the coral garden snorkeling was the best we have ever done, and we've been to some of the best places in the world to snorkel. It was definitely worth the $110 pp, but $170 :confused:

Archived