Pinnacle Grill

lat1

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Pinnacle Grill still has a half price dinner on the first night of the cruise? We will be sailing on the Amsterdam in August and would love to try it.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Leslie

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Pinnacle Grill still has a half price dinner on the first night of the cruise? We will be sailing on the Amsterdam in August and would love to try it.

Leslie

No, Leslie, to the best of my knowledge HAL no longer offers a half price special in the Pinnacle Grill the first night of a cruise. However, lunch in the Pinnacle Grill is only $15 per person versus $30 per person for dinner. I recommend you try the Pinnacle Grill for lunch.:)

Karin

Hello,

Leslie

Leslie,

I just returned from my cruise on the Oosterdam. There was no half price deals offered in the Pinnacle Grill. But my absolute favorite meal on the entire cruise was in the Pinnacle Grill and well worth the $30 per person charge. If I hadn't been on the cruise with an entire family group....I would have eaten there at least 2 more times! The food and service was superb to say the least! Similar food and service in an upscale restaurant in Chicago or NYC would be at least $100 per person.

Since we had Suite priveledges, we did take advantage of a couple of breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill. However, the breakfast food is the same as the dining room.

I would highly recommend one splurge for dinner in the Pinnacle Grill especially if you enjoy Steak....my Filet was PERFECT! Also.....I loved the Creme Brulee for dessert! MMMMMMM :)

Leslie,

I just returned from my cruise on the Oosterdam. There was no half price deals offered in the Pinnacle Grill. But my absolute favorite meal on the entire cruise was in the Pinnacle Grill and well worth the $30 per person charge. If I hadn't been on the cruise with an entire family group....I would have eaten there at least 2 more times! The food and service was superb to say the least! Similar food and service in an upscale restaurant in Chicago or NYC would be at least $100 per person.

Since we had Suite priveledges, we did take advantage of a couple of breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill. However, the breakfast food is the same as the dining room.

I would highly recommend one splurge for dinner in the Pinnacle Grill especially if you enjoy Steak....my Filet was PERFECT! Also.....I loved the Creme Brulee for dessert! MMMMMMM :)

You mean you DIDN'T get the Chocolate Volcano Cake?!?!?!?!?

What did ytou get for the filet? The sundried tomato steak sauce?

The filet is BY FAR the best I've ever had, and I used to work at a place in the Kirkland waterfront that would EASILY set you back $60/pp for LUNCH...

Dinner... I could barely afford it with my discount on a rare occasion.

I recommend the Pinnacle at least once. Mataj (I believe that's the name) was our server in the Pinnacle. Rico was the wine steward. PHENOMINAL guys!

Enjoy your steak (oh yeah... and the cruise too) :cool:

You mean you DIDN'T get the Chocolate Volcano Cake?!?!?!?!?

What did ytou get for the filet? The sundried tomato steak sauce?

The filet is BY FAR the best I've ever had, and I used to work at a place in the Kirkland waterfront that would EASILY set you back $60/pp for LUNCH...

Dinner... I could barely afford it with my discount on a rare occasion.

I recommend the Pinnacle at least once. Mataj (I believe that's the name) was our server in the Pinnacle. Rico was the wine steward. PHENOMINAL guys!

Enjoy your steak (oh yeah... and the cruise too) :cool:

NO....DON'T KILL ME! LOL :D

I DID NOT HAVE THE CHOCOLATE VOLCANO CAKE!

I HONESTLY AM NOT THAT MUCH OF A CHOCOHOLIC...I CAN ONLY HANDLE A LITTLE BIT OF CHOCOLATE. BUT THE CREME BRULEE WAS TO DIE FOR ...IT WAS LIKE 4 ROWS OF DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF CREME BRULEE AND ONE ROW WAS CHOCOLATE...SO I GOT MY CHOC FILL! :)

FOR MY STEAK....I HAD THE BERNAISE SAUCE (MY FAVORITE!)

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH...BEST FILET I HAVE HAD AND I TRY LOTS OF GOOD RESTAURANTS IN CHICAGO! I LIVE IN A STEAK TOWN!

I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND AT LEAST ONE DINNER AT THE PINNACLE GRILL!

BUT.........BE FOREWARNED....THE WINE AND COCKTAILS IN THE PINNACLE ARE VERY PRICEY!

Volacano Cake : Resembled a hockey puck. It was so dried up that it was not edible.

Sorry folks, but the Volcano Cake is NOT consistent across ships.

IMO the PGs are not consistent period -across ships or across time on a given same ship!

Agree. We usually eat at the PG 2 or 3 times each cruise. We like the change of scene and ambiance, but the quality of the food can be hit or miss. We've had great filets but tough and fatty ribeyes. Good salmon and scampi and awful scampi. Delicious scalloped potatoes and some so dry they stuck to the roof of our mouths. Only once a moist chocolate volcano cake prepared properly, but many more times it was dry and inedible, so we no longer order it.

The menu rarely if ever changes, so it doesn't seem to be rocket science to get it right on a consistent basis. ;)

Thank you all for your great perspective.

I think we will eat there for sure however, do I need to make reservations prior to our cruise or is waiting to get on board OK too?

Thanks again!

Leslie

Archived