Q for the Passport Experts!

elvisillusions

I'm looking at a cruise that includes Roatan, Honduras and Belize City, Belize as POC. Are passports required to get off the ship in either of these ports? It is not a Carnival line offerning the cruise, but after hauntning this side of CC for the past year, I trust you guys and don't know those other folks over there...

Appreciate your help!

Kim

I went to both of these ports on the NCL Sea this past April and will be going again in 3 weeks. Passports are Not Required - as a Cruise Ship passenger you will be at these ports for less than 24 hours and are considered to be in transit. If you were to travel on vacation for several days to either of these countries - Passports would be required.

Passports are not required in these ports, however, if you should get left there by the ship, they would come in handy.:(

Terre

Do you carry your passport off the ship with you in port? I asked this question on another thread and the consensus was that most people don't. But I don't see how it would help you in this instance if it's in your cabin. :confused:

DW & I always carry the passport when ashore. (OK not in Key West :rolleyes: )

I guess that you have a better chance of being struck by lightening than needing the passport but, why take the chance. You need ID to get back to the ship in many ports of call anyway.

If the passport is needed and you don't have it, what then? You can always get it replaced at the American Consulate ...... maybe in another city ...... on the next business day ...... or in a few days at the most ....... while your luggage sails on.

On the bright side, you wouldn't have to worry about formal night!

Passports are not required for cruise ship pax [Read Smooth Sailing's post], However should you have a problem and miss the ship in one of these countries. A passport would then be required. Catch 22

Get yourself a passport and you're good most everywhere.

98Charlie, I agree, I was never there either, both times.

Dan

Archived