M-Class AFT Cabin 9162 or 8185

Luxuriate

Ok, I know I am probably being a bit obsessive but I want the best deal for my money, who wouldn't?

I am currently booked in an AFT cabin on Connie, room 9162. I have the opportunity to switch to another AFT cabin on Connie, room 8185.

Help! I just don't know what to do. I worry a bit about the noise on 9162 coming from the deck above but in the pictures of the AFT cabins I have seen it looks like an ideal location. It looks like it is right in the middle of the AFT cabins.

So, should I switch to 8185 or just forget about it and get on with my life?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Here is the photo of the AFT cabins on the M-Class ships. What would you choose? 9162 or 8185....why?

Opinions please. It will be fun to think about.

Cheryl

Glad you like my photo!

I'd pick 8185. in a deck 9 stateroom, you may hear a little noise of chairs scraping around in the morning or at other times while in your stateroom. We've run into this in mid-ship CC rooms under the pool deck. It is noticeable at times, but didn't really bother us, but all things being equal we'd pick deck 8 because of this. But if 8 wasn't available we'd take 9 in a flash. If it wasn't for this I'd take deck 9 as it is one floor closer to the lido deck if you're taking the stairs up, and because it is a little higher for the view. Not much else that is different.

I've also heard that as you get lower, from 9 to 8 to 7, the balconies are slightly larger in the aft rooms. Don't know if this is true for sure, or if it just appears that way because of the ship design.

I should have given you credit, I am sorry! I should know better.

Thank you for your opinion. I'm leaning towards trying to make the change. I have 8185 on reserve now. I just have to push the button to lock it in place.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Ok, I know I am probably being a bit obsessive but I want the best deal for my money, who wouldn't?

I am currently booked in an AFT cabin on Connie, room 9162. I have the opportunity to switch to another AFT cabin on Connie, room 8185.

Help! I just don't know what to do. I worry a bit about the noise on 9162 coming from the deck above but in the pictures of the AFT cabins I have seen it looks like an ideal location. It looks like it is right in the middle of the AFT cabins.

So, should I switch to 8185 or just forget about it and get on with my life?

Thanks,

Cheryl

One caveat: One time when we switched, we did not receive the new cabin, and lost our prior cabin.

Deck 8 for all the reasons stated above ... but if we could only get an aft cabin on deck 9, we would take it. Our first cruise we had a regular balcony cabin - but ever since then (thanks to advice from Cruise Critic boards) we've been lucky enough to have an aft on our last 3 cruises - decks 7 or 8. On an upcoming Journey cruise to Bermuda we also have an aft, but don't expect it to be as good as the M class ... anyone familiar with aft on Azamara? By all means, take 8185 if you can get it. Hope you enjoy it and have a great cruise!

I hate to bump this post but my only reaction to being next to an accessible cabin is SO????? Scraping chairs, not wanting to listen to the guitar player, are all valid points for avoiding Deck 9, but what difference does it make if you are next to an accessible cabin?

I'm sorry if I offended you warmwinds. I didn't mean anything against the ac because that's a picture of my husband and me having our breakfast in 8176. I just noted it because I'm aware of them having stayed in them. No other reason.

Judy: Do you have a preference of deck 7 vs. deck 8? I have an aft cabin booked in a few months on 7. I have gathered that 7 is most preferable, then 8, then 9. Has that been your experience?

I know one answer is Book any Aft cabin you can get!

p.s. I cracked up over the "aha!" in the earlier thread of you recognizing yourself and your husband on your balcony in a picture taken from another ship.

We had 2 8's, then a 7. One 8 was an ac. We only took the 7 because it was all that was available. I thought "yuck, who wants to be right on top of the PH's?" We loved the 7, and have one booked for our next cruise.

Sorry, I'm not Judy.

You are all there to offer the best advice! Cruise Critic rocks!

I just made the switch to 8185. Now I just have to wait 1 1/2 years to enjoy it!

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Cheryl

You are all there to offer the best advice! Cruise Critic rocks!

I just made the switch to 8185. Now I just have to wait 1 1/2 years to enjoy it!

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Cheryl

Which cruise are you going on? We have 8185 for ours in Jan 09.

Lisa

I've got a lot of time to dream now!

Our son will be just over 4 years-old when we travel. This will be the first post-baby cruise my husband and I have taken. We took several during the years before our son was born. It is all about sitting on a beach in Hawaii right now for vacation as the boy is still in diapers.

When the cruise comes along our son can go to the kid's program and we can relax. I am really looking forward to it.

Cheryl

Archived