RCI - Insult to Injury

Cruise Junky

Prices go with supply and demand. As a cruise or category starts to sell out, they raise the prices.

We did an adults only cruise on the Horizon when they first introduced the escape cruises because the price was right - a Cat 3 for around $500 per person about a month or two before the cruise (a number of cabins were open). A few weeks after we booked, the price increased to $840 per person as people started to take advantage of that category.

It is called supply and demand. Our South America cruise for FEB 2005 was virtually sold out months ago. Just before it sold out inside rooms were going for 25% more than we paid for our 2B balcony purchased last January, and since the ship is now sold out, someone paid the price.

Things are hot right now and all that could change in a moment.

hajekfam.....the cruise that cruise junky and I are going on is 14 months away. I can't imagine it is close to selling out.

Anne

We're on Vista too :) We got an FV (Party on my deck) for lower than what Celebrity now wants for a CC :(

Girl after my own heart... I can tell we're really going to get along :)

Since we got home last Saturday, I'm going through withdrawal. I think that's the main reason I booked Bermuda in May----couldn't wait until next October for those delicious martinis!

Cruise Junky,

We're only a few doors down the corridor from your cabin on Vista deck. Funny how Anne, you ,and I all booked the same deck.

This spells trouble ;) Seriously...that's weird..we're the only three parties we know on this cruise and we're all basically in the same location.

Our cruise to the Med this past June, our room went up 50% (1B) from the time we booked to when we left. Don't remember exactly when it went up, but it was months before we departed. On the other hand, my daughters had an inside cabin and it stayed the same price. I don't believe our cruise was sold out.

Archived