Pacific Coastal Cruise March 29

ivielane2

Just wondering how cold it is on this cruise out of San Francisco. I am considering doing it if it doesn't get too cold and would it be wiser to get an outside cabin with a window rather than a balcony, just don't know how much we would use the balcony because of the weather. Any help would be appreciated.....thank you.

I looked at this cruise also, great price. We did a 10 Mexican Rivera cruise out of San Francisco last May, and it was pretty cold the first few days. On top of that, I think it may be the rainy season in the Northwest.

Rollie

We did the Mex. Riviera out of San Francisco last April and the first couple of days were chilly. With this cruise we will be going north so I really do think we would hit quite a bit of not such good weather. That's why I am toying with the idea of doing the outside instead of balcony. But I do so love that balcony.

Hi,:) the Sea of Japan always seems to affect the Pacific waters.....

especially the first few days sailing out of SF...but I do love it there.

I would tell you to bring a couple of layers.

You know the old saying...I believe it was Mark Twain who said,

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".

But it has to be one of the best cities in the world:D :)

Enjoy your cruise!

We have already booked this cruise on March 29. This will be our 2nd trip out of SF in March. It was cold on the deck when we went under the Golden Gate , but was pleasant with a wind breaker on. We are taking a balcony. Hope you join us on this cruise.

Bill

I was on the Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise last spring. After warning everyone about our very cool coastal weather, it was GORGEOUS! No fog. No rain.Our weather was perfect from here to Vancouver. I think we got a little drizzle in Victoria and Seattle. Not even close to rain. Our typical spring weather would require a lightweight rain jacket. More for the wind than any rain.

The only bump in this cruise was the extremely rough water after clearing the Golden Gate. OMIGOD!!! :eek: :eek: Evidentially it is always rough there and is called "the potato patch". I think it lasted about a day. I and about half the ship got sea sick! :o I absolutely want to go again next March but I WILL be wearing sea sick patches before we leave port!!

We didn't have a balcony due to the deal we got on line. Not because of any weather concerns. We were out on deck a lot.

FYI, we did NOT book an excursion in Astoria and man were we ever sorry. They have a for FEE shuttle to town and I am not eggagerating when I say it was half boarded up and quite depressing. Several of our CC friends took the various excursions offered thru the ship and came back w/wonderful stories. We know better for next time. We took the Boeing tour in Seattle and thouroughly enjoyed that. In Victoria we did the Butterfly Garden and Butchart Gardens tour. Even in early spring Butchart Gardens are quite something to see. Lots of bulbs were up. We still had time to wander up and down Government Street and spend some money there. We live in Monterey and go to SF several times a year so we didn't do anything there but I can recommend several fun things to do and some good restaurants.

You will LOVE this cruise! :) :) MG

I was on the Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise last spring. After warning everyone about our very cool coastal weather, it was GORGEOUS! No fog. No rain.Our weather was perfect from here to Vancouver. I think we got a little drizzle in Victoria and Seattle. Not even close to rain. Our typical spring weather would require a lightweight rain jacket. More for the wind than any rain.

The only bump in this cruise was the extremely rough water after clearing the Golden Gate. OMIGOD!!! :eek: :eek: Evidentially it is always rough there and is called "the potato patch". I think it lasted about a day. I and about half the ship got sea sick! :o I absolutely want to go again next March but I WILL be wearing sea sick patches before we leave port!!

We didn't have a balcony due to the deal we got on line. Not because of any weather concerns. We were out on deck a lot.

FYI, we did NOT book an excursion in Astoria and man were we ever sorry. They have a for FEE shuttle to town and I am not eggagerating when I say it was half boarded up and quite depressing. Several of our CC friends took the various excursions offered thru the ship and came back w/wonderful stories. We know better for next time. We took the Boeing tour in Seattle and thouroughly enjoyed that. In Victoria we did the Butterfly Garden and Butchart Gardens tour. Even in early spring Butchart Gardens are quite something to see. Lots of bulbs were up. We still had time to wander up and down Government Street and spend some money there. We live in Monterey and go to SF several times a year so we didn't do anything there but I can recommend several fun things to do and some good restaurants.

You will LOVE this cruise! :) :) MG

We were on this cruise also. I don't remember experiencing any rough waters outside the Golden Gate. I remember thinking how interesting it was that the seas weren't too rough. Maybe I have a different reference point when it comes to rough seas, having experienced a transatlantic storm with 30 ft. swells...so what one person feels is rough...another one just doesn't notice it at all.

But the cruise was just great. Our sailaway was one of the most beautiful days in S.F. Bay, that I could remember. It was absolutely gorgeous! And this was late April. Weather in March can be iffy here. We do get our fair share of rain, but you never know. Just be prepared. Further north was cool, but great weather for sightseeing. In Seattle, visit Woodinville for a variety of great wineries. We had rented a car with friends, so we toured wineries on our own, and had lunch at a great restaurant, "The Barking Frog".

Karyn

Archived