Cancellations???

niffer03878

We are due to go on the Sensation the 2nd week of September. Everything is paid in full but my DH just found out that he might lose his job in the next week or two. If he does there is no way that we can afford to go on this cruise because any money that we had saved for the trip would have to be used for bills etc. We are both hoping that this doesn't happen but it's a very real possibility. What would our chances be of getting a full credit (both air and through Carnival) if this does indeed happen.

We were both so looking forward to our first real vacation together after 11 1/2 years of marriage but sometimes real life rears it's ugly head and you are forced to deal with unpleasant situations. :(

If anyone has been in this situation (or one like it) what are our chances?

We are due to go on the Sensation the 2nd week of September. Everything is paid in full but my DH just found out that he might lose his job in the next week or two. If he does there is no way that we can afford to go on this cruise because any money that we had saved for the trip would have to be used for bills etc. We are both hoping that this doesn't happen but it's a very real possibility. What would our chances be of getting a full credit (both air and through Carnival) if this does indeed happen.

We were both so looking forward to our first real vacation together after 11 1/2 years of marriage but sometimes real life rears it's ugly head and you are forced to deal with unpleasant situations. :(

SORRY,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am guessing you need to call Carnival and talk with

your PVP.........

Good luck............

Sorry to hear that your husbands job is scary right now. I hope he doesn't loose his job. I sure hope ya'll get to go on your cruise, we loved the sensation. I really hope everything works out for ya'll especially after 11 years you deserve it!!!! I'm trying to be positive for you, thinking that you will be stress free and worry free on that cruise and still have a job to go back to after you have that much needed vacation. Keep us posted. We'll say some prayers for you & your husband and his job.

DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE

2, 3, 4 & 5 DAY CRUISES

CANCELLATION CHARGE (per guest)Up to 61 days None (except cruises to nowhere*)60 to 30 daysDeposit**29 to 8 days50% of Total Fare7 days or less 100% of Total Fare

DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE

6, 7 & 8 DAY CRUISES

CANCELLATION CHARGE (per guest)Up to 76 days None75 to 30 days Deposit29 to 8 days50% of Total Fare7 days or less 100

I can relate to your situation. I, too might lose my job by the end of the August. However, I'm going on my cruise anyway. I figured it will be my last vacation for awhile and I already paid for it.

Since everything on the cruise is pretty much paid for (except booze), you can still do it without spending a whole alot of money.

I hope your husband doesn't lose his job -but I hope you can find a way to do your first cruise if he does.

I can relate to your situation. I, too might lose my job by the end of the August. However, I'm going on my cruise anyway. I figured it will be my last vacation for awhile and I already paid for it.

Since everything on the cruise is pretty much paid for (except booze), you can still do it without spending a whole alot of money.

I hope your husband doesn't lose his job -but I hope you can find a way to do your first cruise if he does.

Thats how i woul do it-

Did you purchase travel insurance. SOME insurances will cover you for loss of job but you would need to check your policy if you bought insurance.

We did purchase the insurance that was offered with the cruise. I still want to go, but am worried that because we really won't have money for any kind of drinks (soda or otherwise) how we can manage. We both really need this vacation. I guess we are in a wait and see. To top it all off my job is now in danger of being eliminated. What is it with all these companies letting people go? It's just crazy.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and well wishes. We are both trying to remain positive and not worry about anything until we have something to worry about.

We did purchase the insurance that was offered with the cruise. I still want to go, but am worried that because we really won't have money for any kind of drinks (soda or otherwise) how we can manage. We both really need this vacation. I guess we are in a wait and see. To top it all off my job is now in danger of being eliminated. What is it with all these companies letting people go? It's just crazy.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and well wishes. We are both trying to remain positive and not worry about anything until we have something to worry about.

What you do need money for is the tips. If you can swing that, why not go? Eleven years is a long time to wait....and life happens. DH and I did a cruise recently and if he hadn't had a cafe purchased espresso each day :rolleyes:

Our bill would have been a bit less. I didn't drink any soda this time and I didn't miss it.

And...you are allowed to bring a quantity of soda on board so you could bring along some you buy yourself and save money right there.

I hope you get to go. (Neighbor in New Hampshire)

Hey im from Jersey,

Your going on sensation....How many days?

Im going on sensation 9/20...and its only a 3 day!! I believe all sensation cruises are 3 or 4 day!

If so ... GO have a great time!!!! Use all the free stuff ...apple juice ice tea coffee pizza.. nice captains dinner! HAVE A BLAST!! and im sure you can swing 2 nice carnival drinks for 20 bucks-- ull have the souvenier cup to take home with you =)....

N if you want some more alcoholic beverages...(Hide it in your luggage hehe)

GOOOOOO dont cancel!

Niffer,

You and your husband should go on the trip, anyway. It will help relieve the stress that you and your husband are under. I agree with the others. You have already paid for the trip, except gratuities, and you deserve to go. You can come back refreshed and tackle your problems afterward. Remember, you can take 1 bottle of wine per person if you want to. My husband and I never buy mixed drinks and we have a great time on all our cruises. We do take wine, though, and that is usually enough for us.

Best of luck, and I hope everything works out well for you and your husband.

Libragirl (Mary)

First off, Sorry to hear about your jobs, I hope everything works out for the best for you. If you already have everything paid for I would go and just drink iced tea, water, apple juice, fruit punch and orange juice and maybe have 1 or two drinks that you pay for. You deserve to have the time together and if you are loosing your jobs it will be your last vacation for a while so you should enjoy it. My first cruise was with a girlfriend and we only spent $250 the two of us combined and that was buying some pictures (which I think was the bulk of the price) and one drink a day. Good luck to you in what you choose to do and also in the months to come I wish you the best of luck. But I would go if it were me and the trip was already paid for.

Best of luck to you and your DH.

I have told my story several times on CC.

In Dec 1996 by DH found out he would be loosing the job he worked at for almost 30 yrs. They were going to close all their stores as of Feb 1997. I did not work (never needed to). We were scheduled to go on a cruise (same ship as you the Sensation) in Jan 1997. We decided to go anyway. When we came back he worked the next month and in that month he had a vendor approach him about opening his own store (appliance business). "We" opened our first store in Sept 1997 and another 18 months later. I say we because we did it together. Now 10 years (+23 cruises) later we have our own sucessful appliance business and we travel when and where we want.

I know this is cliche but when one door closes another opens and things have a way of working themselves out. My DH company closing was a blessing for us and several others. He was able to hire several of his employees from his old company and they have been with us the last 10 years.

So if at all possible go on your cruise and have a great time. You may not be able to do the cruise exactly the way you wanted but at least you will be together. I hope that he does not lose his job but in the worst case he does at least he will be recharged and will feel better about having to look for another job. And if he happens to find one before his cruise most new employers (at least I would) understand he has a trip planned and will let him take his vacation.

I still want to go, but am worried that because we really won't have money for any kind of drinks (soda or otherwise) how we can manage. .

I took a seven-night cruise a few years back and the grand total on my shipboard account at the end of the week was $7 (not counting tips) -- there was one photo I just had to have. I rarely drink alcohol, never drink sodas, and was happy sipping the free lemonade all day long.

Just remember that you don't really need any souvenirs, and that it's possible to enjoy a port of call by walking into town and seeing the sights without an organized tour. Or just stay aboard and relax.

Just dont drink booze?? Or carry on your own bottle of wine if you think you will feel deprived. A lot of folks get along just fine on the drinks provided for free like iced tea with your dinner or water or whatever. The juice is free at breakfast.

We rarely spend more than $20 over and above tipping. We do buy a few things in ports and that sort, but not usually on the ship. Just go and relax, its paid for. You dont have to drink booze? Go to the shows and the other stuff that is free. We dont gamble either.

Archived