Just Booked Sea Dream I

thecleave

Woot!!! We have been assigned a cabin - 208!!

We will get out Boston on Sunday, we will get out of Boston on Sunday....or AA lets us change our departure to Saturday at no extra cost!

Glad that you have a stateroom Andrea!

I wonder if AA will waive the change fees based on weather. USAir has already posted a travel advisory and stated that you can change your itinerary 7 days before or after the origination date with no change fee for certain cities (Boston is one) ... You may want to check out AA's site.

Sending pixie dust your way!

Thanks Jen!! It looks like a fine stateroom.

AA has their travel advisory out for today's storm, but not for the one on Saturday night yet. I keep checking to see if they change the dates!! If AA.com stops working - you'll know why!

Good luck to our fellow sailors from the East Coast on getting to San Juan. I know you will all make it! Chicago is cold and clear, so it looks like the weather, at least, will not keep us from getting out tomorrow. I certainly hope so, since we're booked at my favorite San Juan restaurant for Saturday nite.

Good luck to our fellow sailors from the East Coast on getting to San Juan. I know you will all make it! Chicago is cold and clear, so it looks like the weather, at least, will not keep us from getting out tomorrow. I certainly hope so, since we're booked at my favorite San Juan restaurant for Saturday nite.

Glad to hear that all is clear in Chicagoland Zimmy!

What kind of restaurant are you going to on Saturday night in San Juan? DH and I will be in San Juan the night before our March 16 SD cruise. We have never stayed in San Juan before as usually are flying somewhere else. Any suggestions appreciated!

Keep checking Andrea! I am watching the Weather Channel as my folks are due to fly home to Philly from SJU Saturday afternoon:eek:

Jen, the restaurant is called Pikayo (sp?) and it is in the Art Museum, not in Old San Juan. It is a short cab ride from the Hilton, where we are staying. We have only been there once, but we absolutely loved it, and I hope that it is still as good - I'll let you know. It is a very elegant sort of place, with fabulous art on display. The food was Continental with a Puerto Rican twist. The time we were there (in June, during a meeting) the patrons wwere mostly locals - a beautiful, hip crowd. It is a small restaurant; we booked it a month ago.

It looks as if we are getting out of town before there is any chance of bad weather impacting our flight to San Juan. I hope the same is the case for all of you too. We just finished packing our bags and looking up our great cabin assignment so we are now ready to go. We leave in the morning and will be at the Ritz Carlton beginning tomorrow for two nights. We're looking forward to the first of many get togethers at the TOY on Sunday afternoon.

Jamey

Have a good trip down to San Juan, Jamey. I haven't been following the San Juan weather but it has got to be better than the gray skies, damp and cold we have here. I think that we will all have a fabulous cruise.

I am almost finished packing....there is always one more thing. Good thing I am flying out tomorrow since Sunday does not look too pretty. I hope everyone has an uneventful flight down to sunny San Juan!

You will get out of Boston on Sunday!

See you @ the TOY bar.

-Kim

very pale blond, warning! wear sunglasses my legs are blinding.

Well...we are still in Boston. We were on the 6:25 am departure to San Juan...and would have been fine if the pilot hadn't arrived an hour late. By then the storm had blown in and the airport closed. We sat at the jetway for 2.5 hours waiting to see if we could leave, but they finally decided to cancel the flight. We have been rebooked on the 3:15 pm which should arrive in San Juan at 8:05 pm, giving us enough time to still board the ship. If we can just get to San Juan I wouldn't mind missing the ship and will figure out a way to get to Jost from there, but if we're stuck in Boston overnight I almost feel like we should just cancel.

I'm really bummed because when I was looking over our documents last night we realized we actually were given a Commodore Suite. I guess our karma wave stopped there!!

I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown!

After the most horrible travel day ever, we finally arrived on Sea Dream I last Sunday at 9:58 pm. However, our cruise was so wonderful and well worth the 18 hours it took us to get on board. Hopefully I'll have some time to write up the full story tomorrow.

It was wonderful meeting Jamey, Zimmy, Kim and TAB'sMom too!

I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown!

After the most horrible travel day ever, we finally arrived on Sea Dream I last Sunday at 9:58 pm. However, our cruise was so wonderful and well worth the 18 hours it took us to get on board. Hopefully I'll have some time to write up the full story tomorrow.

It was wonderful meeting Jamey, Zimmy, Kim and TAB'sMom too!

Welcome home Andrea, Jamey, Zimmy, Kim and TAB's Mom!

Glad to hear that you arrived in time to make the ship in SJU Andrea. I can't imagine how stressful that day must have been:eek:

Can't wait to read your review and hear about your first SD experience!

Archived