Just Booked Sea Dream I

thecleave

We got word today that our documents are in too. I keep looking on the website to find out which cabin we've been assigned since we booked a GTY but it's not listed yet. Hopefully, we will know soon. I can hardly believe it's almost time. I'm looking so forward to a great week away visiting great ports, meeting new friends, and experiencing SeaDream. We're going to have a wonderful time.

Jamey

Thanks Jim and DJ!! I think our splash is supposed to be on Jost, so that will be very convenient.

I just want to say how impressed I am with the Sea Dream cruise documents. Very classy! Since Jamey hasn't seen it yet I won't say anymore. We are also in a GTY cabin and the docs say we won't know until embarkation. 34 days and counting!

We arrived home Saturday after a few days out of town and found our docs in a FedEx package waiting for us. I wish all our homecomings were like that! We also are in a guaranty cabin with no cabin assigned as yet. However, I remember that when we did this a couple of years ago we did not have to wait for embarcation to know our cabin number - we found out before we left home, but I can't remember how much before.

The Cleave:

Go to SD website. Click on "Already booked". Put in booking number and club number and sailing date from your ticket booking and see if they have assigned a cabin yet. Usually do about 30 out. Also can book special requests, bed configuration,etc. here.

Jim.

Jim, how do you get your club number? It is not on any of our documents. We emailed SeaDream for it yesterday but as yet have had no response. They must know that we are previous passengers because included in the documents is the spa service coupon which repeat passengers get.

Thanks, Jim. I found the booking number, and I have now become addicted to checking every day to see whether a cabin number has been assigned.

If you've booked a Guarantee grade it will probably be no more than a week before you sail.

If only we could be so lucky as Koalabear and get such an upgrade. Our book came today and I have to say it is much nicer than anything we have ever received from the other cruise lines. I am going to peruse through it this evening and see what I can find. It will probably get me so excited that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Now, I am getting excited, a week from today! I logged in on SeaDream and there is still no room assignment - not that I would know much more if there was one having not been on the yacht.

I am flying in on the 15th and going over to Vieques island for the Biobay/Bioluminescent tour that night. If I understand right no one flies back at night so I am spending the night on Vieques and coming back on Sunday to meet you all!

Should we plan a place/time to meet up on board? What do you think?

-Kim

All you lucky cruisers who are down to 1 week ... we are looking at 14 weeks:rolleyes: I still have to call our final payment in, which I will do Dec. 17 (Merry Christmas to me, lol).

For the first time we took a GTY cabin so it will be interesting to see where we end up!

Might I suggest meeting at the TOY Bar Kim ... actually it's where everyone ends up!!

Kim...I am definitely getting very excited!! I arrived at work this morning with that feeling of anticipation bubbling up inside. Corny - I know. We don't have a cabin assignment yet either.

Meeting the TOY Bar sounds perfect.

Jen...have you ever taken any of the yoga classes offered on board? Just wondering what time of day they are usually scheduled.

I too am sitting at my desk at work thinking "I have to get out of here." And I love my work - I can only imagine how I would feel if I didn't. The weather here in Chicago is miserable - perfect timing to go to the Caribbean. What time shall we all meet at the TOY bar?

Andrea

If the schedule is the same as on SDII was on the crossing, yoga or Tai Chai [kai?] [something like that] is offered at 8:30 a.m. and the other at 3:30 p.m. While I never managed to make it to a class (too much to do, too many people to see, and just not enough time even with 10 nights), usually a few hardy souls showed up for each class.

Have fun . . .

Thanks FT (and Jen)! Not sure if I'll be able to make it with my busy schedule of sun worship - but I can try.

Of course, I'm now worried about the snowstorms that are supposed to hit Boston on Friday and Sunday. We are supposed to leave first thing in the morning on Sunday, so if American cancels our flight on Saturday we can scramble and try to get out on Saturday. I just bought some trip insurance to be safe!

Thanks FT (and Jen)! Not sure if I'll be able to make it with my busy schedule of sun worship - but I can try.

Of course, I'm now worried about the snowstorms that are supposed to hit Boston on Friday and Sunday. We are supposed to leave first thing in the morning on Sunday, so if American cancels our flight on Saturday we can scramble and try to get out on Saturday. I just bought some trip insurance to be safe!

Good idea on the trip insurance ... fingers and toes crossed as well as some pixie dust for good measure so you don't have to use it. I didn't know you could get trip insurance so close to departure.

We always go out a day early because you just never know.

Thanks Jen!!

Yes, we usually go out a day early too, but DH is in grad school and Saturday is the official last day of class. I was worried he might have to attend class - but as it turns out he was finished last week!

You can get trip insurance until departure - it's just that pre-existing conditions wouldn't be covered.

Thanks Jen!!

Yes, we usually go out a day early too, but DH is in grad school and Saturday is the official last day of class. I was worried he might have to attend class - but as it turns out he was finished last week!

You can get trip insurance until departure - it's just that pre-existing conditions wouldn't be covered.

Thanks for sharing on trip insurance ... good to know!

I remember having to work around grad school calendars ... now we work around the high school calendar:p

Weather forecast is for snow sometime between now and Saturday when I'm supposed to fly to San Juan. I've been dreaming of cruising on the SeaDream since I saw the SeaGoddess in France eight or nine years ago.

So repeat after me, "It will not snow".*

* at least not enough to disrupt flights out of BWI airport.

Archived