Sailing Sal

sailing sal

:confused: I need some help. We are taking Century March 22 from Miami. We have never stayed in Miami and need a hotel for 2 nights. Please, any suggestions? I knew this was the place to ask. Thanks for any suggestions!:)

What are you looking for?

We had a fantastic post cruise stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Absolutely beautiful place right on the ocean with a great pool and facilities. Just a short walk from the Lincoln Ave pedestrian mall with all sorts of great restaurants there, and there was even an Emeril's restaurant on site.

OTOH, it was fairly pricey.

Are you looking for a special place to enjoy Miami or a budget place? There are a lot of less expensive hotels near the beach, but not right on the beach - and there are several places along the beach where there is public access from those hotels. There is also a nice paved walkway between the beach hotels and the beach itself, and no shortage of places to rent a chair from.

You'll probably find less expensive places a ways away from the beach, but then you'll need to either just hang out at the hotel, or rent a car.

We loved the Intercontinental Hotel Miami. It is right across the street from Bayside Market, only half a mile from the Port of Miami and the hotel is first rate. Just know that with the dates you are looking for (Easter time), you will be paying through the nose. If you are a government employee or a member of AAA, try with those rates.

What are you looking for?

We had a fantastic post cruise stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Absolutely beautiful place right on the ocean with a great pool and facilities. Just a short walk from the Lincoln Ave pedestrian mall with all sorts of great restaurants there, and there was even an Emeril's restaurant on site.

OTOH, it was fairly pricey.

Are you looking for a special place to enjoy Miami or a budget place? There are a lot of less expensive hotels near the beach, but not right on the beach - and there are several places along the beach where there is public access from those hotels. There is also a nice paved walkway between the beach hotels and the beach itself, and no shortage of places to rent a chair from.

You'll probably find less expensive places a ways away from the beach, but then you'll need to either just hang out at the hotel, or rent a car.

ok - I checked the prices - at $700/night, that is a little pricey for a teacher with 7 children(many in college at this time)! So, I need something a little more in my price range. However, it looked absolutely beautiful on their website! Thank you - I need something a little less!:)

Hi Sailing Sal! 2 coincidences -- we are booked on the same cruise in March AND I'm a teacher as well! We took the same cruise on the Century last year and loved it so much we booked the exact same stateroom!! Last year, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, which is also near the Bayside Market and the pier. We loved it so much we have booked the Hyatt again this year, too! Beautiful hotel!!! We had a balcony room overlooking the water. It's in the $200-300 range. Not cheap, by any means, but certainly less expensive than some! Happy hotel hunting! And if you've never been on the Century, you will LOVE it!!

Hi Sailing Sal! 2 coincidences -- we are booked on the same cruise in March AND I'm a teacher as well! We took the same cruise on the Century last year and loved it so much we booked the exact same stateroom!! Last year, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, which is also near the Bayside Market and the pier. We loved it so much we have booked the Hyatt again this year, too! Beautiful hotel!!! We had a balcony room overlooking the water. It's in the $200-300 range. Not cheap, by any means, but certainly less expensive than some! Happy hotel hunting! And if you've never been on the Century, you will LOVE it!!

Thank you so much - it is perfect! We are booking it today. I knew this would be so much easier if I started on the boards, first! I'll catch up with you on the roll calls. We are very excited to travel the Century!:)

Thank you all again for your suggestions and help!

Another option would have been the Holiday Inn at Bayside--very reasonable, nice breakfast (not incl) & a small pool. We thought it was very convenient, clean & just enough for what we needed...a place to sleep & something near bayside, easy ride to the port. Took the Century 5 day out of Miami in April & enjoyed it very much--great captain & CD,,,,Definitely book Murano!

Archived