San Juan Taxi Cost???

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the cost of a taxi would be for 2 from the San Juan Airport to the Embassy Suites hotel in Isle Verde, And what the cost would be From the Pan Am Pier to the Airport for 2, We will have about 5 pieces of luggage....... Thanks for any info

pier to airport is 16.50 for 2 people plus 1.00 each for every bag over 2. Figure about the same from the airport to the hotel. Im not exactlly sure if they are in the same zone so may be a few bucks more

Do an advanced Search on "Vanilousky"....she lives in PR.

Go the Puerto Rican National Parade link and then the first item listed on the web shots. Shot #9 is a taxi map of San Juan with all the different areas.

Could come in handy.

Thanks everyone for your replies, About $ 16- 20 is about what I thought for the trip from the pier to the airport, How much would be the tip???

I'm not going to comlpain about $5.00 or so But that amount sounds a bit high for A 1/2 mi. and 5 min cab ride to the Embassy Suites Hotel in Isle Verde by the Airport which should be the same Zone.....

Thanks truffles2 for the Info, I will be contacting Vanilousky As she was on our original sail date on the AOS 11/14/04 until she switched. Forgot she lives there........

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Isle Verde and know of a Liquor store and place to buy soda within walking distance to the hotel????

BrodyBarb, Thanks It helps, But doesn't help........ It confusses the rate even more as to what other posters are saying the rates are.......... In that chart it says Rates are to and from the airport or piers....... Zone 1 Airport/Isle Verde $8.00....... The Embasssy Suites is in Zone 1 with the Airport, Yet people are posting a rate of $16.50 + luggage extra+ tip which would bring it up to about $20-$25..... So where does the $8.00 come from?

The only thing I can think of is that the rate of $8.00 + $1.00 per piece of Luggage + tip would bring it to around $16.00

Zone 7 Piers/Isle Verde....... Where the airport is..... $16.00 it says...... So is it $16.00 + $1.00 per piece of luggage + tip would bring it to $ 20-$25.... Again where does the $16.00 come from?.......

Can someone please clarify this? There is a big difference between $8.00 and $25 as for this San Juan taxi chart is saying and posters are saying...... Which is the true amount??? Anyone????

Thanks

That chart is basically correct. It will only cost $8 for you to go from the airport to Isle Verde plus .50 cents per bag for the first three bags then $1 dollar per bag after that plus a tip. From the piers to the airport is $16.50 plus the same baggage fees. The flat fees are good to 5 people in your party. IMPORTANT... Agree on a price before you leave so there is no misunderstanding because I have had them try to take advantage on occasion. When at the airport get a slip from a dispatcher that gives the price that you will pay so there will be no misunderstanding. Technically when you leave your hotel they do not have to honor the flat fee zones because they are not picking you up from the airport or the pier but they will, if you agree on the price BEFORE you leave the hotel ($16.50 +baggage+tips). Most if not all cab meters do not work anyway in the San Juan cabs. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Todd320, We have a Transfer co. to take us from the Hotel to the pier with the rest of our group that will be arriving at the Hotel at different times. It is the ride from the airport to the hotel and From the Pier to the Airport I needed...

Again Thank you for the info..........

Archived