Where to eat in Belize

jennya3

I can't believe it myself.... all that food on the ship and I still want to indulge in Belize! Does anyone know a good place to get food with the local flavor. Does anyone know where to get a good cocktail?

Jenny

There have been many posts on this. In Belize, there is a great restaurant right at the port called the Wet Lizard. It is upstairs. We have eaten there every time. There may be others, but I am not familiar with them. The port area has been growing, so there may be more at this point.

In Belize City- The Smoky Mermaid (5 minute walk from the cruise ship complex), has excellent food, especially seafood. Yum.

Google it and it will come up :)

Also, try the Belikin Beer while you are there- there is a regular and a dark.

And the local cocktail is called the 'Panty Ripper'. Only women order this, and men should order a 'Pants Dropper'. Both yummy.

Keep an eye out for interesting combinations like watermelon juice and gin (fabulous.)

Will try to dig up some foody pics :o but I just posted some Xunantunich ones in another thead and I'm gettin' sleepy... check back tomorrow??

I can't believe it myself.... all that food on the ship and I still want to indulge in Belize! Does anyone know a good place to get food with the local flavor. Does anyone know where to get a good cocktail?

Jenny

Jenny

We have eaten at the Wet Lizard and was very happy with food and drink. If you go on the coralbreezelimited.com site they have drink coupons for the wet lizard you can print out and you do not have to use coral breeze for tours to use this coupon.

Denise

Jenny

We have eaten at the Wet Lizard and was very happy with food and drink. If you go on the coralbreezelimited.com site they have drink coupons for the wet lizard you can print out and you do not have to use coral breeze for tours to use this coupon.

Denise

Have to agree. We also ate there on our last trip to Belize. The food was very good and the Belikins were really cold!!

Tanker 4

I enjoyed a delicious "local" meal at Marva's. This is located in the downtown Belize City area, and it cost around $3.00 several years ago. I met some Belize natives on a train recently, and they also knew about Marva's; it is apparently popular with the locals.

You probably won't find any other cruise passengers, but you'll experience a great local meal.

Enjoy!

Archived