Well I Must Be Cruise Addicted...

trickiedick

:D ;) LOL, actually I did not want to embarrass my Officer friends on board. But I think Hans the Bar Manager finally figured I was a bit crazy when I would kept coming up to him saying Hola!!! after enjoying a few margaritas :D

Gee......if they don't know you are crazy by now....oh nevermind.:D :D

With Richard being the fashion designer, perhaps we can enlist him to assist with the design our Yum Yum Man shirts? Then, when we are wearing them and everyone is trying to rip them off of our backs asking "where did you get that shirt?" we can point to Richard and this could be the beginning of something special. Very special.

Richard, are you listening???

Now I will go check eBay for a red bra in my size. After the shirts get "ripped off our back", I need to be suitably covered!

OMG....I have a feeling after a while, he might start to deny knowing any of us, let alone have anything to do with designing the shirts!!! :eek:

You are right, Lisa. Poor Richard asks us about his "addiction" and we take over and are now at 52 posts...and counting!!

POOR RICHARD???????????????

He is leaving on another cruise next week!

Can hardly feel sorry for him!!!!!!!

What about poor Christine? Sitting here slaving so I can afford the Feb cruise!!!! :rolleyes:

Sounds Like A Red Pajama Party Is Forming For That Cruise!!!

Sean...i Am Sure We Can Get You Something Cuter Than Red Diapers...if Lisa Is Doing A Red Bra We Need To Get You A Red Undergarment To Compete...hmmm...alot To Think About...

Well, I Guess I Will Ponder These Things As I Cruise The Mediterranean For 10 Days...

I See From Pics That Westerdam Is Very Similiar To Oosterdam, So I Will Know Where Everything Is...its Still Fresh In My Memory...

I See From Pics That Westerdam Is Very Similiar To Oosterdam, So I Will Know Where Everything Is...its Still Fresh In My Memory...

Richard the Westerdam is the New and Improved Vista Class. She was just in Dry Dock earlier this spring getting a whoel new change to her aft end, they have moved the library and Internet Cafe up near the Crows Nest I believe and have added some High End Shops. So you are getting to see the changes that will be done to the Oosterdam in 2009

Sean...i Am Sure We Can Get You Something Cuter Than Red Diapers...if Lisa Is Doing A Red Bra We Need To Get You A Red Undergarment To Compete...hmmm...alot To Think About...

Thanks Richard...but really I don't want to put you through any trouble.:D

Anyway.....Enjoy your cruise!

POOR RICHARD???????????????

He is leaving on another cruise next week!

Can hardly feel sorry for him!!!!!!!

What about poor Christine? Sitting here slaving so I can afford the Feb cruise!!!! :rolleyes:

Ok....poor Christine...boo hoo:(

How's that?

Well, I Guess I Will Ponder These Things As I Cruise The Mediterranean For 10 Days...

NOTICE HOW HE TACTFULLY RUBS IT IN!!!!! :p

We will take good care of Richard next week. I promise........

I happened upon this thread and the roll call thread for the Yum Yum Man Cruise through some browsing and searching...... You all seem like such a fun group, I have even begun to consider if it is possible for me to join your February sailing. It happens to fall in a week long break at school. Though........ I am still trying to determine the relevance of the title "Yum Yum Man Cruise".

I guess I will keep following the boards even if just for a smile and giggle and let you know about February after the cruise next week.

Cheers to all,

Christopher

I happened upon this thread and the roll call thread for the Yum Yum Man Cruise through some browsing and searching...... You all seem like such a fun group, I have even begun to consider if it is possible for me to join your February sailing. It happens to fall in a week long break at school. Though........ I am still trying to determine the relevance of the title "Yum Yum Man Cruise".

I guess I will keep following the boards even if just for a smile and giggle and let you know about February after the cruise next week.

Cheers to all,

Christopher

Yes Christopher join us!

Don't worry about the "rowdy broads".....the abuse seems to be centered around me, so you will be safe.:D

The Yum Yum Man is the guy in the red bellhop outfit that dispenses ginger and mints as you exit the Dining Room. We enjoy having him as a fixture on HAL ships, so the Yum Yum Man cruise is to honor him. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Sean.....Maybe you can give me insight to this interesting title for the cruise?????

oops...I edited my post while you were reading it.....I added further explaination of the Yum Yum Man cruise if you would like to re-read my previous post.:)

Christopher, yes please join us and Sean is very right he is the one we have chosen to pick on;)

Yum Yum Men which is an affectionate name that was given to the men that ring chimes near the dining room area when it is time for dinner and when you leave the dining room they greet you and hand out mints, ginger, figs. Saying "Have some Yum Yum" Because so many of us enjoy the eating and groupp fun around it and they great men are there to start it and end it we thank them for all their work so we are Worshipping them:D

Here is a picture of one of them in their uniform, this was taken by copper10-8

attachment.php?attachmentid=47454&d=1181015017

I can assure you, you will have a fun time with this group. We are planning to Eat and Drink our way down the Mexican Riviera, first stop is Cabo where we will be going to a Japnaese Restuarant called Nick San for Sushi, Sashimi and Sake:cool: , next stop is Mazatland where we will go to a place called Poncho's on the Beach, great Mexican food and Margaritas that is located in the Golden Zone with Great shopping (I personally think Mazatlan has the best prices in the Mexican Riviera) last is Purerta Vallarta where we will go to La Palapa. They set up this long table fro our group right on the beach and we eat and drink for several hours and of course go play in the water some.

Here is a pic of that fun

2761158790028362306qSjxtf_th.jpg

just click the picture to enlarge

So as you can see you really should join us and we will show you some very good U.S. FUN:)

Thank you for the explanation. I will have to look for the Yum Yum Man on the Westerdam next week. This cruise will be my first HAL experience so I look forward to it even more now.

The more you write about the cruise the more I have to consider. The trick part is getting the airfare to get there andback in the week vacation that I have. 9 time zone change is a big trick. But as I am cruise addicted, I am likely to find a way to do it. This is the first time in a long time that I am headed on a cruise without the next one scheduled.

The other trick is finding some one to come along or a good singles rate.

Cheers...

Christopher

Christopher, remember if you book the February cruise while on the Westerdam next week your deposit will only be $100 US not sure what that is in Euro, also you will receive some ship board credit from having booked while on board the ship:)

Sadly I dont know if that will be so....

Whenever I have been on a charter cruise, the future bookings desk has always been closed.

But that won't deter me from considering the trip.

If only I could guarantee a stateroom on deck 5 aft with the others.

Oh....and I will try to work on Richard for you during our ruise as well.

C

Sadly I dont know if that will be so....

Whenever I have been on a charter cruise, the future bookings desk has always been closed.

But that won't deter me from considering the trip.

If only I could guarantee a stateroom on deck 5 aft with the others.

Oh....and I will try to work on Richard for you during our ruise as well.

C

Christopher, I do hope that there is a Future Cruise Consultant there, if there is they will be on Main Deck near the Atrium. My TA has assured me there are still a couple of VA cabins left along the aft so that would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for helping to convince Richard in coming along:)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise next week, the Westerdam is a beautiful ship.

Cheers to all,

Christopher

Christopher....

I am Richard's sister....so please take good care of him next week and have a blast! I am so jealous he is going on another cruise so soon!!!

Also....we will rely on you to talk him into joining us on the Yum Yum cruise in February! Maybe you guys can put down your deposits while on the Westerdam. But don't get any ideas....if he goes, he is rooming with me!! Or at least on paper! :D I want to go on this cruise really bad but it will be more affordable for me if he books a room with me!

Anyways....Enjoy you're cruise next week! I am sure you will love HAL. If you didn't look at our pics of our recent family cruise on the Oosterdam...you can view them by clicking the link below. I have heard the Westerdam is almost identical to the Oosterdam....so Richard will know his way around immediately!

Hope you decide to join the Yum Yum cruise....It's a fun group on here and is sure to be a lot of fun!:)

Christine....It may be difficult for Richard to travel on a "regular" cruise again after this trip but the group that is forming here is defintiely a means of convincing otherwise. Or I would not be chatting away here.

I do have to warn you though, especially Sean, the last time I was asked to dress in red...it became more than I even imagined. Let's just say it was much more than just a hat.

Christine....It may be difficult for Richard to travel on a "regular" cruise again after this trip but the group that is forming here is defintiely a means of convincing otherwise. Or I would not be chatting away here.

I do have to warn you though, especially Sean, the last time I was asked to dress in red...it became more than I even imagined. Let's just say it was much more than just a hat.

I can only begin to imagine! We are leaving the fashion department up to Richard! This group my not know what they got into by inviting us! LOL :D

But I love the idea of a pajama party! Maybe this will be the start of a new cruise ritual for this group! The question is....who's room?

Archived