Well I Must Be Cruise Addicted...

trickiedick

Sounds like its going to be a great trip....and a great group, I am still hoping that i could talk Michelle into taking a trip in February anyway, we had to cancel our Noordam trip as we may be moving... oh well, its fun to read all the threads here anyway, and you've got a great roll call going.

Looking forward to you joining us, if possible. It is a great group.

I've been reading the messages boards for a while now but I still have no idea what the Yum Yum Man is.

These are the men who welcome guests to the dining room and disburse mints, ginger and figs, after dinner. They usually announce dinner by walking the deck with Indonesian chimes. It's a wonderful tradition and very much a part of what distinguishes HAL. It's the little touches that make a difference.

I am sure someone will have a picture of a Yum-Yum Man to post here, for you.

BTW, Lisa I am counting on you to snag some pictures for the tee shirts. I'll take care of the ordering, if you can get us a good picture. OK?

These are the men who welcome guests to the dining room and disburse mints, ginger and figs, after dinner. They usually announce dinner by walking the deck with Indonesian chimes. It's a wonderful tradition and very much a part of what distinguishes HAL. It's the little touches that make a difference.

I am sure someone will have a picture of a Yum-Yum Man to post here, for you.

And fans of the Yum Yum Man go on Yum Yum themed cruises together?? Okie dokie. :o

Hi Gang!

I finally got online to catch up and see what I was missing! This thread has really become quite the Yum Yum Cruise Thread. But I suppose the title about being addicted is quite appropriate.

I love the banter in here...lets keep it going!

We may reach the same length as the roll call pages!:)

I hope you can join us.

It has gotten so I won't book a cruse unless I know there is a good Roll Call going.:)

Sean,

I can see your point in doing that! On the recent cruise I was on there was virtually no roll call, with the exception of one person that chimed in shortly before the cruise and he came to our dinner table one night to say hi. That was about it! Would have been fun to meet up with some people from the CC group.

I guess that all the more reason I will have to get my butt onto this cruise!:D

And fans of the Yum Yum Man go on Yum Yum themed cruises together?? Okie dokie. :o

Peter,

I think the cruise started out as a fun CC group cruise that several people try to go on each year to the Mexican Riviera. The Yum Yum Man theme just evolved as we went along to give the group cruise a theme name as well as a few other silly ideas we have been coming up with like having a Valentine Red theme including a Red hat for Sean and Pajama party and contest, etc..

God only knows what else we all come up with by the time the cruise actually happens! If you are brave...consider joining in! Sean has been suffering the wrath of all us crazy women on here...I am sure he could use some support on his side! :D

Although it's so much more fun being on our side!:D

I think I will put in another Cruise Compete request and see what the going rates are now. VA would be one of the catrgories I will enter because that looks popular here.:)

I wouldn't be allowed to mention names of cruise companies here (against the rules), but atleast I could post prices I see without mentioning TA names.

I think I will put in another Cruise Compete request and see what the going rates are now. VA would be one of the catrgories I will enter because that looks popular here.:)

I wouldn't be allowed to mention names of cruise companies here (against the rules), but atleast I could post prices I see without mentioning TA names.

Sean, I just checked the VA rates at the TA I have been using, they are quite good, about $100 less than what I paid last time. IF we are to book this that is probably the route we'll go, or one of the deck 4 port side VD near the stern just forward of the crew stairs....

So of those going on this trip what category do you have booked?

Sean, I just checked the VA rates at the TA I have been using, they are quite good, about $100 less than what I paid last time. IF we are to book this that is probably the route we'll go, or one of the deck 4 port side VD near the stern just forward of the crew stairs....

So of those going on this trip what category do you have booked?

So you were really weren't kidding when you said you were looking into it.

Hope you decide to come.:)

So you were really weren't kidding when you said you were looking into it.

Hope you decide to come.:)

nope, not kidding...seriously thinking about it.... may just do it and surprise Michelle....nice thing about that is I can arrange her vacation week without her knowing....unless she checks how much time off she can get.... the chairperson of her board of trustees is a neighbor, since I have such a terrible reputation for not being able to keep a secret from her I am actually tempted to do it for that reason alone. :)

Luckily she very rarely looks at CC so she'll probably not see this either

Frank a large majority of us are on the Aft Deck 5, we were looking to take up all the VA cabins on the aft since both of the SC corner aft cabins are taken by our group. Two others have the VA cabins inbetween.

That's funny, thats quickly becoming our preferred area on the ship, we've been in 5182, are booked in 5180 in 3 weeks, and are inlaws are in 5181.... I'll have to see what else is available when I an aboard in a few weeks. Airfare isnt bad either, I can get a buy one get one free from AMEX for the trip, and there is always the Southwest option which is nice.

nope, not kidding...seriously thinking about it.... may just do it and surprise Michelle....nice thing about that is I can arrange her vacation week without her knowing....unless she checks how much time off she can get.... the chairperson of her board of trustees is a neighbor, since I have such a terrible reputation for not being able to keep a secret from her I am actually tempted to do it for that reason alone. :)

Luckily she very rarely looks at CC so she'll probably not see this either

[/size]

That's funny, thats quickly becoming our preferred area on the ship, we've been in 5182, are booked in 5180 in 3 weeks, and are inlaws are in 5181.... I'll have to see what else is available when I an aboard in a few weeks. Airfare isnt bad either, I can get a buy one get one free from AMEX for the trip, and there is always the Southwest option which is nice.

Yes, that Southwest option is always nice. I would so love it if you could join us. Of course we have 5187 so it would be fun to fill up the aft and open up all the gates between the verandahs. WOW, what a Sail Away Party we would have:D

[/b]

Yes, that Southwest option is always nice. I would so love it if you could join us. Of course we have 5187 so it would be fun to fill up the aft and open up all the gates between the verandahs. WOW, what a Sail Away Party we would have:D

Do you have a list of the booked rooms on the roll call? I'll be sure to speak to the future cruise consultant while Michelle is otherwise occupied at the spa ;)

Do you have a list of the booked rooms on the roll call? I'll be sure to speak to the future cruise consultant while Michelle is otherwise occupied at the spa ;)

Let me check in the Roll Call

attachment.php?attachmentid=50333&d=1183406434

OK, so far this group has booked 5180, 5183, 5185 5187 and 5186. So that leaves 5184, 5182 and 5181. I beleive they are all still available:)

Let me check in the Roll Call

attachment.php?attachmentid=50333&d=1183406434

OK, so far this group has booked 5180, 5183, 5185 5187 and 5186. So that leaves 5184, 5182 and 5181. I beleive they are all still available:)

Yes and if this gang books all all of them, the crew will be stretching yellow tape across the area to signfy the danger zone!

Originally Posted by MissWindyCity viewpost.gif

Southwest Airlines!

Yeah....I figured that silly girl :) .....but is there some special deal with Southwest Airlines that I need to know about?

Do I look like a mind reader? :rolleyes:

Doesn't Southwest just always have promo and discount deals?

Archived