Alaska Cruise?

sscruising

We are thinking about taking a cruise in 2005 to Alaska and would like to get some info on it:

When to go, what route, best things to see, what would be a good price, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sandi

Invest a few hours and read some of the back posts. Plenty of information on routes, ports etc. Once you get the general information- come back with specific questions for your travels. icon_smile.gif

Ditto to what Budget Queen had to say. Lots to read here already.

AND, when you do post, which we hope you will, ask some specific questions, especially in your subject line.

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

sscruising,

We are taking our first trip/cruise to Alaska in August so I know how you feel. I did exactly as BQ suggests, looked back and read through all the posts from last summer and learned so much! At the point you are at now, you don't even know what the questions are yet. Glacier Bay seems to be really important to many, many cruisers and not all ships go there. Look over the cruiseline itineraries and then read about those ports to see what strikes you. Also, pay attention to time in port - some might not allow enough time to do what you want. Another big question is whether to do a north/south route or round trip. Airfare will be more for a one-way cruise but worth it if you have time to do some interior touring. That is the one thing that we underestimated. I researched the cruise ship but didn't allow as much time post cruise as I wish I would have. The Kenai peninsula and Denali Park and Talkeetna are very popular. Good luck.

Archived