Couple of question on timing when on board

aj13

Hello all,

We'll be sailing on Navigator of the Seas this winter and after watching some of the cruising marathon on the travel channel I had a couple of questions on timing things when we get on board.

1-Rock climbing wall, is it usually crowded? do i need to get out there before the activity starts to be guaranteed to climb? or can i just show up whenever I want?

2- Ice skating show, when's the best time to get tickets? Where would one get said tickets?

3-Broadway shows, how early should we expect to get down there to have good seats?

4-Portofino reservations, i know we should make reservations ASAP, where do we go to do this?

4b-any suggestions on which night to try to do it on?? its a five day cruise.

5a-Midnight buffet, how early to people usually get there so that they can look at how nice it is before it all gets eaten away??

5b-Midnight buffet, is this only a one night thing?

i think that it

thanks for your help everyone

Hello all,

We'll be sailing on Navigator of the Seas this winter and after watching some of the cruising marathon on the travel channel I had a couple of questions on timing things when we get on board.

1-Rock climbing wall, is it usually crowded? do i need to get out there before the activity starts to be guaranteed to climb? or can i just show up whenever I want?

2- Ice skating show, when's the best time to get tickets? Where would one get said tickets?

3-Broadway shows, how early should we expect to get down there to have good seats?

4-Portofino reservations, i know we should make reservations ASAP, where do we go to do this?

4b-any suggestions on which night to try to do it on?? its a five day cruise.

5a-Midnight buffet, how early to people usually get there so that they can look at how nice it is before it all gets eaten away??

5b-Midnight buffet, is this only a one night thing?

1 - Nope - it's an ongoing thing. Watch the daily compass to see when it will be open and show up during those hours. There may be a waitlist, but I don't think it will be so long that you never get to do. I would be really surprised if this happened.

2 - Watch the compass - Ice show tix are handed out at specific times, and you will have to wait in line to get the tix. It's usually the morning of the show that takes place that night.

3 - I think this depends on your specific sailing and how greedy the chair hogs are.

4 - You can either go directly to Portofino, call the restaurant from your room, or talk to the represetative at the Welcome Aboard fair (I forget what they actually call this but it's time on the Promenade where all of the specialty activities have booths set up so you can learn about it and sign up).

5 - There is usually time set aside for people just to walk through and see everything before the tables are opened up for eating. That way everyone can take pictures if they like while it is still all arranged properly.

You might want to check out www.cruisedailies.com to see exactly what happens on your itinerary. That will help you decide when to eat at Portofino and when you can do the other activities you would like to do.

And - DON'T STRESS!!! There will be plenty of time to do everything. :)

I can answer the midnight/chocolate buffet thing.. On the Monarch the line was insane by 11:00 p.m. (now mine you they don't open it till midnight) but it was slow going because of the pics and the music. My family got in line about 11:30 ish and got back to the cabin with our plates (buffet style) about 1:00 a.m. Take your camera and don't miss it. I haven't missed one yet!

D :)

Try doing the climbing wall the 1st or 2nd day of the cruise; it seems to get progressively busier each day of the cruise.

A trick with the midnight buffet is to be one of the last people to leave when they end the pre-consumption viewing time - that way you are one of the first back in when it is time to eat!

For specialty restaurant reservations, I always just stop by the restaurant some time during my first hour or two aboard the ship. There should be a hostess on duty to take reservations/answer questions/let you look at the menu. So long as you go within the first couple of hours, the choices should be wide open for making a reservation. Find out when the formal night dinner is, at that is typically the best meal in the main dining room so you should pick a different for Portofinos than formal night.

Have a great cruise!

What dates are you sailing? We are on the Nov. 24th sailing. If you're on that one, come to the meet and mingle boards and start chatting with some of the other people who will be sailing with you.

Having sailed the Navigator last July, I believe Hawkfish answered your questions pretty close. Usually the ice rink tickets are available around 9 a.m. on the Sunday of your sailing and they schedule 2 different shows, one that works best for people who have early seating for dinner and one that works best for those with late seating. Just get there before the tickets are gone for the time you want as they are limited.

The rest was accurate from Hawkfish.

You will absolutely love the Navigator, most beautiful ship and awesome crew! Happy cruising....

Sue

Archived