Do you have the June Cruise Travel Magazine?

CaroleSP

I didn't realize my subscription to Cruise Travel ran out until it was too late to get the June issue. I spoke to the publisher today and purchased a copy of the August issue, but the June was out of stock.

Is anyone willing to part with their copy? I would be happy to pay for the magazine and the mailing. I'm addicted and need the fix. My subscription won't start until October or December.:(

Thanks.

Can't part with it, but a suggestion for the next couple you might miss. Have your local Barnes and Noble reserve a copy for you. They only get a few copies in, so unless you check often, you might miss out without them putting a copy aside.

Al

I can't remember if I have ever picked up a copy of this magazine before. I do subscribe to a few I do like but not this one. What kind of useful or enjoyable information do you find in it? I will look for a copy today! Thanks

The description from their website: Every issue is packed with full-color features on the best cruise ships, ports-of-call, and itineraries-plus reviews of new and classic vessels, tips on shore excursions and shopping, and much more-all written by industry authorities. Cruise Guides and Cruise Roundups help you plan your vacation. Seasonal Cruise Calendars offer complete, up-to-date listings of ship schedules, itineraries, and fares. Experts express their thoughts in Cruise Views, readers share their experiences through Letters, and the latest industry happenings are covered in Cruise News.

Also a LOT of ads. Since I got a computer and found CruiseCritic.com and these boards, I don't find myself anxiously awaiting the next issue and will let my subscription lapse later this year.

For a link to a view of the table of contents for the current issue, google Cruise Travel magazine. I am hesitant to post the link here because of all the ads for TA's.

I can't remember if I have ever picked up a copy of this magazine before. I do subscribe to a few I do like but not this one. What kind of useful or enjoyable information do you find in it? I will look for a copy today! Thanks

I find the port information very interesting, as well as some of the history on the Grand Old Ladies.

I read Porthole, as well. It is much more glossy with some interesing articles, reviews and columns, but it seems to be more advertising than anything else.

Are there any other cruise magazines that I have missed?

Can't part with it, but a suggestion for the next couple you might miss. Have your local Barnes and Noble reserve a copy for you. They only get a few copies in, so unless you check often, you might miss out without them putting a copy aside.

Al

Thanks, Al. I have the August issue coming from the publisher and will check in a few weeks to see if they have an official start date on my subscription. If it's not October, I will contact B & N and ask to have a copy reserved. I appreciate the suggestion.

Is there a magazine that is not written by the cruise industry?

I gave up on Cruise travel, because the articles (to me any way) seemed as though they came straight from the publicity dept of the cruise line ship being reviewed. It also seemed as though the acticle was always written by a person in a suite. (many of us will never travel in a suite, we need to know about life in "steerage")

As for the ads, well I felt that about 80% of the paper was ads from travel agencies.,lots of "fluff" but no real info. Many for "work from your home- earn $****** p.a for just a few hours perday"

Any one with info on a true to life , no kick backs magazine please E mail me with details.

I find the port information very interesting, as well as some of the history on the Grand Old Ladies.

I read Porthole, as well. It is much more glossy with some interesing articles, reviews and columns, but it seems to be more advertising than anything else.

Are there any other cruise magazines that I have missed?

Don't know of any actual cruise magazines that you have missed. I do subscribe to "Budget Travel" and "Caribbean Travel & Live". Budget Travel is a great deal at $1 an issue and it does occasionally have some cruise information. It would definitely talk about many ports that cruise ships would visit. Many useful tips and ways to save!

CT&L, standard price just OK articles and great pictures. It also occasionally talks about Cruises.

I will definitely look for the ones you mentioned.

Don't know of any actual cruise magazines that you have missed. I do subscribe to "Budget Travel" and "Caribbean Travel & Live". Budget Travel is a great deal at $1 an issue and it does occasionally have some cruise information. It would definitely talk about many ports that cruise ships would visit. Many useful tips and ways to save!

CT&L, standard price just OK articles and great pictures. It also occasionally talks about Cruises.

I will definitely look for the ones you mentioned.

I have seen the other mags. IN fact, I think I may have had either one or both for free from one of the net magazine companies. If not free, it was maybe $9.99 with a $5 off special. I will watch for those specials again. I just can't get enough of vacation reading.

Is there a magazine that is not written by the cruise industry?

I gave up on Cruise travel, because the articles (to me any way) seemed as though they came straight from the publicity dept of the cruise line ship being reviewed. It also seemed as though the acticle was always written by a person in a suite. (many of us will never travel in a suite, we need to know about life in "steerage")

As for the ads, well I felt that about 80% of the paper was ads from travel agencies.,lots of "fluff" but no real info. Many for "work from your home- earn $****** p.a for just a few hours perday"

Any one with info on a true to life , no kick backs magazine please E mail me with details.

I have to agree with the suite stuff; we have never had one, but will be doing a CC aft next year. I would rather take 2 cruises than one in a suite. I still like the port articles and the historical information. You know, those "where are they now" pieces. My parents sailed on a lot of the old ocean liners they mention and I'm sentimental about that.

Also a LOT of ads. Since I got a computer and found CruiseCritic.com and these boards, I don't find myself anxiously awaiting the next issue and will let my subscription lapse later this year.

If you think THEY have a lot of ads, try wading through Conde Nast. Very thick magazine that would be not much more than a newsletter once all of the ads & "special advertisement" pages are deleted! They even contain scented pages so one can smell their advertised products!

Got it. I mailed the magazine to you today. You should have it by the end of the week. You are most welcome.

This is why I love Cruise Critic; you meet the nicest people.

My August copy arrived from the publisher today. I will wait for your June copy and read them in order.

If ever I can return the favor, please let me know.

Archived