Transportation in Barcelona - Airport - Hotel

hermang

We are flying into Barcelona on the 16th for our Aug 17th Barcelona - Venice cruise.

I got one suggestion from the Claris Concierge to take a mini-van from the airport to the hotel. Unfortunately it is being quoted as 130 Euros - YIKES

It is my Wife and I + 3 suitcases 2 carryons. I heard Taxis were like 30-40 Euros - but can they hold us and luggage???

We got off the ship in Barcelona at 7:10 am and had our pick of cabs. They hang around when a ship arrives. There were regular sedans and some mini-vans. Not the kind the local airport limousine uses (10-12 pax). Just a regular mini-van with the last row of seats folded down for the luggage. We took one of those, and I can guarantee that we did NOT pay more than 40 Euros, maybe less. Anyhow, just stand at the curb with your luggage, and some cabbie will stop to pick you up.

We were in much the same situation as you last year for our honeymoon.

The taxi was more that adequate to hold all 6 bags (4 suitcases and 2 carry ons) that we took with us.

(We so over packed... It was was our first cruise what can I say... :D )

We are flying into Barcelona on the 16th for our Aug 17th Barcelona - Venice cruise.

I got one suggestion from the Claris Concierge to take a mini-van from the airport to the hotel. Unfortunately it is being quoted as 130 Euros - YIKES

It is my Wife and I + 3 suitcases 2 carryons. I heard Taxis were like 30-40 Euros - but can they hold us and luggage???

I've been researching this as well.. I found this site that has provide some very valuable info on office taxis in Barcelona

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/airport/barcelona-airport-transport.html#taxi

Checked with my friend who lived in Barcelona for over 10 years and he assured me this site provides updated information.

Have a great time!

We used Barcelona Taxi based on a recommendation from the Europe threads. We were thrilled to see him at the luggage area with our name on a sign! It was $35.00 Euros for the three of us. We had 6 bags which we had told them when we booked. The driver spoke excellent English and gave us a wealth of info.

We were VERY sorry we didn't book him from the hotel to the pier. We had the hotel call a cab and the first one that came was too small. The taxi company sent a "van" and the driver spoke no English and we had to really stress we wanted to go to the port not the airport. It was the same price $35.00 Euros. So if I was to do it again I would book the Barcelona Taxi ahead of time.

Have a great trip - we loved Barcelona!

Dh and I along with 3 suitcases and a carryon fit just fine in a regular cab. One suitcase went in the front sear. Our fare from Barcelona airport to our hotel (Majestic) was 25 euro. This included the airport charge and bag charge. We only had to wait 2 min in the taxi line outside the airport. There were plenty of cabs waiting.

I'll be on the ship with you, and not sure what to advise re: cabs, but just wanted to note that you are staying at an awfully swank place! I'm jealous. I put a lot of clients there, and have heard nothing but raves. Me, I'll be "slumming" at the Hilton.

Enjoy!

PS-and now you have me wondering about my own luggage: there are two of us with the same amount of luggage. Maybe I'll need to get a van as well. *sigh*

Archived