Immediate Change in TSA Carry On Regulations

BurBunny

Effective at 12:01 a.m., Saturday, August 4, the TSA will require travelers to remove the following items from their carry-on bags and submit them for separate screening: video games, video cameras, DVD players and CD players. They will now be treated like laptop computers. You'll have to remove them from your carry-on and run them separately through the X-ray machines.

Note, this is not supposed to mean all electronics, but I'd expect some screeners to take this a step further while they're all getting to understand the rules, especially since the early notices to the screeners said all electronics. For the next few days, you may want to minimize the amount of electronics you carry onto the plane.

You MAY still carry these items - you'll just need to separate them out from the rest of your carry ons when you go through security.

Effective at 12:01 a.m., Saturday, August 4, the TSA will require travelers to remove the following items from their carry-on bags and submit them for separate screening: video games, video cameras, DVD players and CD players. They will now be treated like laptop computers. You'll have to remove them from your carry-on and run them separately through the X-ray machines.

Video cameras have long been subject to this.

Video GAMES are not subject to this - only the video game CONSOLES.

I did not see on the TSA website anything about CD players.

John

BiFlex breathing machine (for sleep Apena)?

Wondering what the new regulations are for this.

As I know I'm supposed to hand carry it - at least that is what the company that I rent it from tells me.

THANKS

I don't think it's fully up on the site yet. I was notified last night by urgent bulletin by Joe Brancatelli, well-known travel columnist, who had verified it through several official sources. At the time I posted, some airlines had only just been notified, and the airports were getting the info. Since this isn't a change of what's allowed, just in how to screen it, perhaps they haven't felt a wider release was necessary at first.

Because of the number of flights for cruisers, especially on the weekends, wanted to give people a head's up so they could anticipate longer lines at airports and perhaps plan a bit more time for security so they didn't start out their vacations more stressed.

Archived