Iron?

Just returned on the explorer on friday. We brought a steamer which we got at Target. We also had them at the Od Lot stores. It worked perfectly. I got the advice from the board to also bring along an powerstrip which was extremely handy. There is only a ceiling plug for a shaver in the bathroom. The vanity area has plugs but you need more room. The cabin steward reconfirmed no irons aboard and they are instructed to take them till the end of the cruise if they find one in a room. Our steamer wand worked perfectly.

I never did trust my automatic shut off on the irons. Now I know why. :(

Not that I would ever drag one on a cruise. I use the Downy Wrinkle Release now.

As we pass the irons in the stores, my husband usually gives me a "do you know what they call that thing?"

Downy Wrinkle Release is great stuff! The first time I ever used it was on our first cruise last year, and now when I used it at home, the smell reminds me of our cruise.

I also won't hesitate to use the ship's pressing services, as the cost really can't be beat - plus, since I'm on vacation, I feel a little more spoiled! ;)

Just returned on the explorer on friday. We brought a steamer which we got at Target. We also had them at the Od Lot stores. It worked perfectly. I got the advice from the board to also bring along an powerstrip which was extremely handy. There is only a ceiling plug for a shaver in the bathroom. The vanity area has plugs but you need more room. The cabin steward reconfirmed no irons aboard and they are instructed to take them till the end of the cruise if they find one in a room. Our steamer wand worked perfectly.

Is there a trick to using a steamer? I have a very small travel steamer, but things never look any better when I get done with them. Am I doing something wrong, or do different types of steamers do better than others? :confused:

Well - now doesn't that look complicated - I stand corrected, but they were not on Adventure in February, Explorer in April or Grandeur a few weeks ago. I think that I would prefer to order the coffee and do other things while it is being brought up.

Were did they put this stuff - looks like the alcove that the TV used to be in?

Seems like questions about irons always come from first time cruisers and like some one said there should be a stickly about it. But like they also said they would miss that. Also, people don't read everything in the docs either.

I have an idea. When someone tires to post about irons, the word iron should trigger a block then pop up an automatic response that says NO IRONS EVER PERMITTED.:D

This is one area that is black and white and not subject to people's opinions.

I'm sorry if my iron question was stupid. This is my first time cruising, and I don't have my travel docs because they will be waiting for me at the pier. I thought these boards were to help people!

I'm sorry if my iron question was stupid. This is my first time cruising, and I don't have my travel docs because they will be waiting for me at the pier. I thought these boards were to help people!

It wasn't a stupid question, that is why it is asked so often and possibly why so many get so uptight about it.

I'm a nester. I enjoy getting my room all set up and everything put away and yes, ironed before sail away. I do the same on land based vacations. Hey I don't gamble, I iron! LOL :D

Don't be sorry in the least. There's no reason to be. When you have never cruised before, this board will answer almost all of the questiuons that you have. Sometimes, people forget what it was like on their first cruise and also forget some of the questions they had. I can guarantee that they had the iron question themselves before they became "experienced cruisers".

For future reference, you may also want to avoid threads about smoking (big fights). chair-hogging (a real no-no) and formal night attire (everyone has their own opinions on attire).

Have a great cruise and don't be scared to ask any questions you may have. That's how you learn. Take care!!!

I wonder if you help a RCCL newbie, maybe a wee bit off topic but does RCCL over any laundry packages?

We are just off a 20 day Westerdam cruise and they offerred unlimited laundry for $120 for the cruise.

Which meant we could really cut down on the packing.:)

We are sailing on the Voyager of the Seas in October.

Thanks !

Alan

No packages that I know of but here are some prices. For $120 you can get a lot of laundry done!

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50

Blouse:$3.50

Shirt (dress):$3.00

Dress (wash):$5.00

Underwear:$1.20

Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00

Nightgown:$3.00

Pajamas:$4.00

Swimsuit:$2.00

Handkerchif:$0.75

Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50

Housecoat:$3.50

Bathrobe:$3.50

Hosiery:$3.50

Pants (wash):$3.50

Slacks:$3.50

Sweatshirt:$3.00

Socks:$1.00

No packages that I know of but here are some prices. For $120 you can get a lot of laundry done!

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50

Blouse:$3.50

Shirt (dress):$3.00

Dress (wash):$5.00

Underwear:$1.20

Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00

Nightgown:$3.00

Pajamas:$4.00

Swimsuit:$2.00

Handkerchif:$0.75

Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50

Housecoat:$3.50

Bathrobe:$3.50

Hosiery:$3.50

Pants (wash):$3.50

Slacks:$3.50

Sweatshirt:$3.00

Socks:$1.00

Trust me, I'm Scottish and we certainly got our moneys worth!...hehehe!!!

We had a few days in Rome pre-cruise too, so we were away for more than 3 wks so we kept the laundry service busy! ...and still managed to keep within the 20kg baggage allowance there and back!....must be a first! ;)

Thanks for the pricing information, it'll give us some idea of what to expect.

Thanks again

Alan

Archived