Iron?

Here are the prices:

Q: Are laundry services provided?

A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

###

Having never stayed in anything higher than a JS, I have read on these boards that, in all other suites, there are "Coffee & tea makers".

Can someone please tell me what type of coffee & tea makers these are.

I am assuming that the coffee & tea makers have to be turned on to get the water hot and then off after consumption.

If an iron can cause a fire by leaving it unattended and not turning it off.........why can't the coffee & tea makers do the same?

Sorry - no coffee makers in suites - at least on all of the ships that I have sailed - see list below. Nice argument, but I guess you would be correct, and that is why they do not have them.

Coffee and tea is available via room service 24 hours a day though - order early in case it takes a while to get there!

Having never stayed in anything higher than a JS, I have read on these boards that, in all other suites, there are "Coffee & tea makers".

I am assuming that the coffee & tea makers have to be turned on to get the water hot and then off after consumption.

If an iron can cause a fire by leaving it unattended and not turning it off.........why can't the coffee & tea makers do the same?

I have seen the pictures lately too of coffeemakers in suites. The only thing that I can think of is since RCL provides these coffeemakers, possibly they have purchased units that have an automatic timed off like I have seen in some hotels. Haven't been in a suite so just a guess.

I have seen the pictures lately too of coffeemakers in suites. The only thing that I can think of is since RCL provides these coffeemakers, possibly they have purchased units that have an automatic timed off like I have seen in some hotels. Haven't been in a suite so just a guess.

Thanks for the reply..............I kind of figured that would be the way they would work it.

Hi Patti,

All hotel coffee makers automatically turn themselves off in an hour, as does my home one. :D At least that is how they have been in the numerous hotels I have stayed in.

As I hope this thread does. :rolleyes: :p :D :D

I have no opinion on the right or wrong of irons onboard. I don't even iron at home, so I certainly don't plan to do it on vacation. I avoid linen clothes and linen blends. With other items, I wear them wrinkles and all, as do my fellow cruise ship passengers. After a few minutes of hot sun and humidity, we are equally wrinkled. :D

It is just that the question of irons comes up so frequently, the answer is always NO, and it seems like there should be a banner announcement somewhere. :)

Seems like questions about irons always come from first time cruisers and like some one said there should be a stickly about it. But like they also said they would miss that. Also, people don't read everything in the docs either.

I have an idea. When someone tires to post about irons, the word iron should trigger a block then pop up an automatic response that says NO IRONS EVER PERMITTED.:D

This is one area that is black and white and not subject to people's opinions.

Hi Patti,

All hotel coffee makers automatically turn themselves off in an hour, as does my home one. :D At least that is how they have been in the numerous hotels I have stayed in.

As I hope this thread does. :rolleyes:

Alexis, I had an interesting thing happen the other day with my iron that has an automatic shutoff. Yes, I left the house and didn't unplug it. Later that day, my brother told me that the electricity had been off in our area. When I came home, it had just come back on, and I walked by the ironing board and noticed the light on the iron was on. Evidently, when the power came back on, it triggered the iron's "memory" and it operated just like if it had been plugged back in. And yes, it was happily steaming at me with its setting set on linen/cotton.

Needless to say, this whole story could have had a really bad ending if one of my horribly behaved cats had knocked over the iron sometime during the day and it had been laying face down when it turned itself back on. Now I don't find that automatic shutoff as reassuring as I once did. :eek: :(

Alexis, I had an interesting thing happen the other day with my iron that has an automatic shutoff. Yes, I left the house and didn't unplug it. Later that day, my brother told me that the electricity had been off in our area. When I came home, it had just come back on, and I walked by the ironing board and noticed the light on the iron was on. Evidently, when the power came back on, it triggered the iron's "memory" and it operated just like if it had been plugged back in. And yes, it was happily steaming at me with its setting set on linen/cotton.

Needless to say, this whole story could have had a really bad ending if one of my horribly behaved cats had knocked over the iron sometime during the day and it had been laying face down when it turned itself back on. Now I don't find that automatic shutoff as reassuring as I once did. :eek: :(

I never did trust my automatic shut off on the irons. Now I know why. :(

Not that I would ever drag one on a cruise. I use the Downy Wrinkle Release now.

As we pass the irons in the stores, my husband usually gives me a "do you know what they call that thing?"

Sorry - no coffee makers in suites - at least on all of the ships that I have sailed - see list below. Nice argument, but I guess you would be correct, and that is why they do not have them.

Coffee and tea is available via room service 24 hours a day though - order early in case it takes a while to get there!

Your information is outdated.

On my May/june Legend cruise there was a coffee and tea maker in the Suite and several posts here on CC confirmed it´s a perk that is in the progress of being rolled out fleetwide.

Patti,

here´s a pic from the set up RCCL has in the suites now:

2502071390101545768S425x425Q85.jpg

This pic is from a GS on the Legend of the Seas.

As you can see the coffee maker is a french press which operates without electricity. (upper left corner of the tray)

So the coffee maker itself does not need any electricity and can´t be a fire hazard.

Of course you need hot water to operate. For this there´s a hot water boiler (upper right corner of the tray). These don´t operate without water. So they only heat up when there´s water in and they shut off once the water boils, so they won´t heat until all water is gone.

Patti,

here´s a pic from the set up RCCL has in the suites now:

2502071390101545768S425x425Q85.jpg

This pic is from a GS on the Legend of the Seas.

As you can see the coffee maker is a french press which operates without electricity. (upper left corner of the tray)

So the coffee maker itself does not need any electricity and can´t be a fire hazard.

Of course you need hot water to operate. For this there´s a hot water boiler (upper right corner of the tray). These don´t operate without water. So they only heat up when there´s water in and they shut off once the water boils, so they won´t heat until all water is gone.

WOW..........that is really a nice feature. Thanks so much for the picture.

I have no opinion on the right or wrong of irons onboard. I don't even iron at home, so I certainly don't plan to do it on vacation. I avoid linen clothes and linen blends. With other items, I wear them wrinkles and all, as do my fellow cruise ship passengers. After a few minutes of hot sun and humidity, we are equally wrinkled. :D

It is just that the question of irons comes up so frequently, the answer is always NO, and it seems like there should be a banner announcement somewhere. :)

AMEN!!!!!!

I never did trust my automatic shut off on the irons. Now I know why. :(

Not that I would ever drag one on a cruise. I use the Downy Wrinkle Release now.

As we pass the irons in the stores, my husband usually gives me a "do you know what they call that thing?"

My iron ( I think that is the name of that thing) cries out in pain when and if I plug it in.

Archived