Miami Hotels

mulvihill

We have booked a cruise leaving Miami Feb. 24, 08 and need a hotel close to the pier for our arrival on the 23rd. We are a party of 6 adults that will share a suite or rooms, which ever is cheaper. Can anyone recommend a place that is nearby that does not set us back a fortune. It does not have to be fancy just clean. It would be nice if we were able to walk to last minute shopping but will do without if we have to.

When I am looking for a hotel or motel in Miami area for this cruise what area do I look in? Is the downtown area close to the pier? We do not want to stay at the airport...to noisey!!

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Anne

There are a couple of good hotels right near the pier that are relatively inexpensive. There is a Doubletree that is less than a $100 a night. Just above that price range is a Radisson and a Marriott that are both in the 100-120 range. Also there is is a Holiday Inn that is less than a mile from the port and cost right at 135 per night. When searching for hotels you can search hotels near the port of Miami. The one issue I have found with hotels in this area is parking. Since we are driving down for our cruise in September this is an issue for us. I do not know if this is a problem for you. Parking at most of these hotels will run between 15 and 25 per night.

Matt

With the AAA rate, we booked at the Marriott for $109 a night. I've never had a bad experience at a Marriott! :D I can't remember the name, but there was another one listed on Expedia, slightly closer & cheaper. BUT the reviews on the place were horrible - bad service, dirty, broken/slow elevators. I think it was $89 a night, but I figure the extra $20 is worth it. I searched for hotels by address, using the pier address which I found on Carnival's website.

Just in case you are interested..I can get the AAA rate, with my CAA...:D

I am new to this and wonder what you mean by CAA???? I am not familiar, but am also looking to book a hotel for pre cruise in March. Any suggestions for a good clean and nice hotel where we can leave the car for free.

I am new to this and wonder what you mean by CAA???? I am not familiar, but am also looking to book a hotel for pre cruise in March. Any suggestions for a good clean and nice hotel where we can leave the car for free.

AAA is American.. American Automobile association

CAA is Canadian..stands for Canadian Automobile association

they give discount rates for hotels , flights and such..

I booked 2 rooms on Hotwire for 12/21. It was a 3 star downtown Miami hotel normally 225. I ended up getting the Raddison. I got them for 49 ea. which I thought was a steal. The reviews on tripadvisor.com seem good.

I used the bidding site that is often linked to on here so I knew what hotel I could be getting.

http://www.biddingfun.com/page2.html

We have booked a cruise leaving Miami Feb. 24, 08 and need a hotel close to the pier for our arrival on the 23rd. We are a party of 6 adults that will share a suite or rooms, which ever is cheaper. Can anyone recommend a place that is nearby that does not set us back a fortune. It does not have to be fancy just clean. It would be nice if we were able to walk to last minute shopping but will do without if we have to.

When I am looking for a hotel or motel in Miami area for this cruise what area do I look in? Is the downtown area close to the pier? We do not want to stay at the airport...to noisey!!

Anne

If you want to be near the port, try the Holiday Inn or Intercontinental. Divided by the number you're traveling with, may make it reasonable for you. Check on hotwire or any other discount sites. Don't try Priceline if you need specific number/sizes of beds. The hotel does not have to give you anything but a room that sleeps 2. You can request certain things, but by using Priceline, you are not guaranteed. So definitely just hunt the web sites.

Feb. is peak season so I'd get hunting now. Just look for hotels near the port of Miami. Downtown Miami will put you a bit farther out.

There are tons of recs on the threads here. Just hunt them down.

Just booked a pre cruise hotel for Jan 25th/08. (Actually arrive at 12;30 AM on Jan 26th). Cruise ship leaves at 4:00 pm.

Got a rate of $89.00 at Days Inn Airport North. Apparently not a lot of airport noise north of the airport?

The hotel provides free 24 hr airport shuttle and free shuttle to the port, so the value seems to be there.

Just booked a pre cruise hotel for Jan 25th/08. (Actually arrive at 12;30 AM on Jan 26th). Cruise ship leaves at 4:00 pm.

Got a rate of $89.00 at Days Inn Airport North. Apparently not a lot of airport noise north of the airport?

The hotel provides free 24 hr airport shuttle and free shuttle to the port, so the value seems to be there.

Which site did you use to get this rate? We will be going end of March 2008 and I looked on the Days Inn site. They want $225 for 2 double beds (2 adults and 1 child).

Thank you for your help, Elaine

Anne

Hi Anne! The problem is that your time period is absolute peak season for Miami. What is the rate you are willing to pay? To get a room that will sleep six, you'll have to book either a suite or a one/two bedroom that may cost you more than twice as much as booking two double rooms.

Also, what is more important, cost or location? Consider this also, while you may find two $100 night rooms way out, cab far for two cabs round trip could cost you $100 just to get to a restaurant for dinner and you'll still have to pay for transportation to the port.

Archived