Bumped from the Century

antsnanny

Apparently Celebrity chartered the cruise that we are booked on in March. I am sure we are going to be bumped and was wondering if anyone knows how Celebrity has historically compensated passengers when this happens.

Thanks.

:)

Apparently Celebrity chartered the cruise that we are booked on in March. I am sure we are going to be bumped and was wondering if anyone knows how Celebrity has historically compensated passengers when this happens.

Thanks.

:)

What is the date and how do you know it has been chartered?

The first issue is whether the charter is for the entire ship. If not, bumping will happen only if they need more cabins than they have, in which case they will usually work the res. list in reverse order of booking.

Chances are very good that a cruise scheduled 7 months out in a non holiday period will have plenty of space for the group.

That said, bumping compensation in the past has varied depending on several factors including but not limited to the amount of time before the cruise, the availability of the same or similar itineraries on equivalent ships, etc.

The compensation can range from a full refund plus a discount on a later cruise to just an upgrade on another cruise at the same time.

The question can really be answered by a Celebrity CS person...and probably only after the bumping starts.

Millie is the Millenium. Seems to me that your so called good source is pretty unreliable if he/she doesnt know for sure or what X might do. Depending on how much notice they give you when a charter is firm, they will usually offer a certain percentage reduction for a similar cabin on a similar itinerary, which you can choose to accept or not. If not, your deposit will be refunded.

the mar 2 2008 charter on the millie is a full ship charter by atlantis, all of their previous carribian trips were sellouts. as of today many middile price rooms are still availible.they sold out a 3700 passenger supership in 2 months for a jan 2008 sailing out of Miami

It is quite interesting since the cruise isn't listed on the X website for that week (which (of course) doesn't always mean anything). We haven't heard anything from our TA and have had this booked for our 39th wedding anniversary since December.

Looking forward to more info as it becomes available since I just may be looking for a different anniversary celebration!

Hcat-- The ship that sold out was Royal Caribbian Liberty of the seas. The LARGEST cruise ship afloat, 160,000 tons 3700 passengers. sold out for an atlantis full charter see their website for more details

Donnaw for more info on the Millie 3/2/08 full ship charter see the atlantis website (Google it)

Hcat-- The ship that sold out was Royal Caribbian Liberty of the seas. The LARGEST cruise ship afloat, 160,000 tons 3700 passengers. sold out for an atlantis full charter see their website for more details

Donnaw for more info on the Millie 3/2/08 full ship charter see the atlantis website (Google it)

Actually, more interested in what happened to the 3/3/008 Century cruise since that is the one we are booked on. One online agency still lists the date with call us across the board. I tried X and 3 other onlines and none of them show the date at all. Anybody hear anything?

Actually, more interested in what happened to the 3/3/008 Century cruise since that is the one we are booked on. One online agency still lists the date with call us across the board. I tried X and 3 other onlines and none of them show the date at all. Anybody hear anything?

So why don't you call as suggested and let us all know!!

DH just received a call from our TA that the 3/3/08 cruise is no longer available. We have been given the the following options:

1) Change to another date on Century and they will give us a $100 cabin credit. In this case we will pay whatever the current pricing is on our new date/cabin.

2) Switch ships and get nothing.

He didn't think to ask who took the ship over but I'm sure we'll find that out eventually.

We have nothing else booked at this point but I'm sure that others have made additional arrangements and aren't going to be happy with this.

DH just received a call from our TA that the 3/3/08 cruise is no longer available. We have been given the the following options:

1) Change to another date on Century and they will give us a $100 cabin credit. In this case we will pay whatever the current pricing is on our new date/cabin.

2) Switch ships and get nothing.

He didn't think to ask who took the ship over but I'm sure we'll find that out eventually.

We have nothing else booked at this point but I'm sure that others have made additional arrangements and aren't going to be happy with this.

Sounds like pretty petty compensation for your inconvenience, especially if someone had already booked air. But since it is before final payment, the cruise line can pretty much do anything they want, even if it inconveniences passengers.

Archived