7049 or 6135

Glendakayself

I would like a comparison of Millennium staterooms 7049 and 6135. We have 7049 (2C) booked, I understand it has a oversized triangular balcony. 6135 is cc and inbetween the suites. Is the 6135 balcony as large as 7049, and is the noise from the restaurant below 6135 a problem for a very light sleeper?

I would take #6135. You won't hear any noise from the restaurant below, and the location of #6135 is very quiet. The balcony is larger than the general CC cabins...it's also teak to match the suite balconies.

Karyn

You are comparing two different category cabins.

7049 is 170 sq. ft. - that triangular balcony is larger than the normal 2C @ 39 sq. ft. (I'd guess about 60 sq. ft.).

6135 is Concierge-Class - 191 sq. ft. 6135 is also only one of four CC cabins on deck 6 that has the oversized (teak floor) balcony, and would probably measure in the vicinity of about 80 sq. ft. . . .

If you can afford the upgrade from 2C to CC, and one of the 4 CC cabins available on Deck 6 is 6135, make the switch - you won't be sorry.

I'm sorry, but I misquoted the category of 7049. It is 2B. The reservationist at Celebrity told our TA that the balcony on 7049 was 68 sq. ft. I think I will have her call and check out the dimensions on the cc. It is only $100 more per person.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

6135 is not your regular CC balcony. I think is is approx 3 times larger. We have traveled in 6143 several times and love this location and room. Book it quick for it will be gone fast. You won't be sorry. If you do a search, there are several posts that show a picture of the balcony.

I agree that 6135 is the better choice for most; from what I've seen (from the ship's exterior) it's more than big enough for two loungers, never mind one.

So that you have the complete picture, though, note that 6135 is a connecting cabin to the Royal Suite next door. Some people on these boards have complained about the smell of cigarette smoke coming through connecting doors. However, we had a connector on Mercury (1241) and had absolutely no problems with it; the door was well sealed and kept out both noise and smoke (if any) from the next-door Sky Suite.

I fully agree with the other posters -- if you can afford Concierge Class you should definitely grab this cabin. It will make your trip.

Rich

Veruda,

Do you have any pictures? Was there room for lounge chairs in addition to a table and chairs on the balcony?

Thanks to all of you for your recommendations.

Hi,

We are staying in 6136 on the Millenium in January. This is a picture of 6135(same balcony, other side of ship)on the Constellation. The balcony size and deck are the same on the Millennium. If this does not work just copy and paste it into your address bar. Bill

http://image50.webshots.com/50/6/0/61/502360061sRDQQL_ph.jpg?

Hi,

We are staying in 6136 on the Millenium in January. This is a picture of 6135(same balcony, other side of ship)on the Constellation. The balcony size and deck are the same on the Millennium. If this does not work just copy and paste it into your address bar. Bill

Thanks Bill. The link worked great. It looks wonderful. We're really excited to have found this wonderful stateroom.

Hi,

We have sailed Millenium 6136....GREAT balcony and service! I would snag 6135 in a heartbeat!:)

Archived