Barcelona on Sunday and Monday

We are taking a cruise out of Barcelona on a Tuesday and are trying to decide if we should go early to the city. What is definitely closed and what is open in Barcelona on a Sunday and Monday. This will determine if we go early. Thanks.

We also had a cruise starting on Tuesday. We flew into Barcelona on a Saturday night, and did the city tour hop-on hop-off bus on Sunday. We saw almost everything we wanted to see, and it was all open. However, the bus driver kept reminding us that such and such place would not be open on Monday! Basically, everything was closed Monday. We saw everything we wanted to do on Sunday, and then slept in Monday and headed to the ship at 11:30am. We were able to board right away, and get into our room, so spent all day Monday exploring the ship.

Hi, Judith,

It sounds like you are going on the same cruise we are, from Barcelona to Lisbon. Our trip, however, is scheduled for October 29th. We will be on the Serenity and it is our first Crystal cruise.

If this is, in fact, your itinerary, I will be anxious to hear what you did in Barcelona and Lisbon. I am currently planning our pre-cruise plans. We are arriving in Barcelona two days early and staying in Lisbon two days after. I have found the website, www.tripadvisor.com to be a great source of information. Also, I use www.frommers.com and www.fodors.com to confirm opinions on hotels and restaurants when we're traveling. I think we will be staying in the Hotel Neri based on the comments made on Tripadvisor.

Have you scheduled any shore excursions?

Thanks for the info.

Liz

Archived