Chankanaab Park

deannad

Question. Looking at the different times for the dolphin encounter. We will be there on the Valor from 8-5. I assume there is a time change? So is the time on the ship an hour behind? I'm confusing myself, lol, sorry. If we were to book an encounter at 3:30, is that 2:30 ship time or is it the other way, being 4:30 ship time... I apologize in advance for my cluelessness, it's been a lonnnnggg day...:o

Please call Carnival and double-check, but they explained to me that the ships stay in "port time" and Cozumel is CST. There's some slight discrepancy right around Daylight Savings Time (they change on a different day), but 95% of the year Cozumel time is just like USA CST (ie Texas).

Snorkleman, we used our mastercard for both admission and also the photos. Don't know why you weren't allowed to use your cc. Seems like they don't take Discover - maybe that's why?

Deanna

Your pics are great!! I know what we will be doing in Cozumel. One question. I have heard some horrible stories from friends about how sick they got from eating in Mexico, yet with all my surfing on CC no one has said a thing. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the pics!! Cann't wait to get to Chankanadd Park.

Your pics are great!! I know what we will be doing in Cozumel. One question. I have heard some horrible stories from friends about how sick they got from eating in Mexico, yet with all my surfing on CC no one has said a thing. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the pics!! Cann't wait to get to Chankanadd Park.

Cozumel's main soure of income is from tourist they do everything in there power to prevent anyone getting sick eating or drinking water (possibaly they were speaking of a different part of MX).. No worries as I have only seen a problem at one place (reef club) and they have recently been sold. I personally would not eat off a buffet anywhere.. Hope this helps.

We'll be on RCCL Liberty the first week of November and we're planning on doing the Dolphin swim when we get there. DH and older DS will do the royal swim (that's the big one, right) and little DS and I will do the encounter (for smaller people). I'm trying to figure out what time to make each of our experiences, so that we can watch each other. We're supposed to dock at 10 AM and leave at 7 PM.

Can someone advise on what is the earliest I should make our encounter? I need enough time to get off the ship and get a cab to the park (we'll be 4 people) and then get ready for the swim.

Also, little DS has a one piece bathing suit that has a built in flotation device (coast guard approved). Will he be allowed to wear this or will he need a vest provided by them? I don't want him to have the float suit if he needs to put a vest on...won't fit over. Also, he's more comfortable in his own stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Archived